Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Amateur

Default Achievements

Is there a way to keep track of achievements which require an aggregrate? For example, the ones where you collect x amount of gold or x amount of beasties. Through the Journal function I know what each character has achieved, but there's no information for collective achievements. I'd like to know how close I am to killing 100k monsters, and so on.

Last edited by SaturnGirl : 11-20-2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Elite

If there's a way to track the actual number then I'm not aware of it. Obviously something somewhere in the program is tracking the number, but I don't think there is a visible counter for these things.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

I don't think there is a way to display it right now.
Patreon
Old 11-22-2011, 12:31 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoz01 View Post
However, some of us have lives and don't have that many hours to kill. I'm sure ... Are achievements a good thing in general? ...
It's funny that the spam is actually insulting people now.

Last edited by Shadow : 11-22-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Removed a spam link
Old 11-22-2011, 12:54 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I don't think there is a way to display it right now.
We should be able to make some of the stats visible on the achievements view using the Kivi functions, no?
Old 11-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castruccio View Post
It's funny that the spam is actually insulting people now.
Pretty impressive. What'll be even funnier is if the biggest advances in artificial intelligence will be made by spambots trying to seem human.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
Pretty impressive. What'll be even funnier is if the biggest advances in artificial intelligence will be made by spambots trying to seem human.
I doubt it. Spam succeeds in duping a surprisingly large number of people each year (yes, people naively click those links), but it's all about reaching out to the lowest common denominator, and the tech un-savvy, like old folks. Artificial intelligence is complicated, and if spammers were that motivated, they'd all be in more ambitious professions.

Perhaps not too surprisingly, forward thinkers like William Gibson and Cory Doctorow have speculated that computer games may be the most likely candidates for the emergence of real, self-aware intelligences; seeing as how they are written more and more often to behave human, and to adapt and learn from human opponents behavior.

The most powerful personal computers on the market are made for playing video games, some of the most complicated video games ever made are military simulations, and some of the most powerful super computers in the world are powering single-shard MMOs.

Last edited by Hannes-Erich : 11-22-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Amateur

More on topic. Shadow, would you consider pulling completed achievements into our exported Character Stats so that we can show them off in the Show Your Characters thread?
Old 11-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
We should be able to make some of the stats visible on the achievements view using the Kivi functions, no?
I could probably do something similar but the Kivi stuff wouldn't work (Kivi stuff is stored per user).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes-Erich View Post
More on topic. Shadow, would you consider pulling completed achievements into our exported Character Stats so that we can show them off in the Show Your Characters thread?
I can look at it. The main problem is going to be that your are exported character related stuff and the achievements are more global.
Patreon
Old 11-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I can look at it. The main problem is going to be that your are exported character related stuff and the achievements are more global.
So every character's export would display the same global achievements, but I don't think anyone would have a problem with this. I already see my list of characters as "working together" across Aleria because of the shared chest in town.
Captain Electric on Steam. Want multiplayer? Add Din's Curse to your Steam client (Games > Add a non-Steam Game to My Library), then join the Din's Curse Group, and enter the group chat room before you play! (Shift-Tab to bring up chat from within Din's Curse.)