Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Amateur

Default "Slowest pace"?

I have played DC a bit, but as I complained in this thread I got bored rather quickly by the constant need to rush back to the surface, and being too late most of the time. Does the expansion have anything in this regard, like the "slowest pace option" that Shadow mentioned in the last post of that thread? Some kind of option that would allow one to quietly explore every nook and cranny instead of constantly rushing somewhere, be it the quest location or the surface. I do not care what anyone thinks about how a game should be played. In my mind, a dungeon with loot means total exploration, and I am too old to change.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neofit View Post
I have played DC a bit, but as I complained in this thread I got bored rather quickly by the constant need to rush back to the surface, and being too late most of the time. Does the expansion have anything in this regard, like the "slowest pace option" that Shadow mentioned in the last post of that thread? Some kind of option that would allow one to quietly explore every nook and cranny instead of constantly rushing somewhere, be it the quest location or the surface. I do not care what anyone thinks about how a game should be played. In my mind, a dungeon with loot means total exploration, and I am too old to change.
Yes. There is a "very slow pace" option that slows down the world significantly. There is also a "slow NPC" option so that they make demands less frequently.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castruccio View Post
Yes. There is a "very slow pace" option that slows down the world significantly. There is also a "slow NPC" option so that they make demands less frequently.
bluddy might have a mod for that. One that will work in the main game so you don't have to deal with demons and other bad stuff. I think I have it on my computer but haven't played in a while.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

There is also a low stress option that removes some types of quests like town attacks.
Patreon
Old 08-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Amateur

Why would someone want to make it more slower paced? I personally like to wait for the unexpected and be on the run all the time.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertaking View Post
Why would someone want to make it more slower paced? I personally like to wait for the unexpected and be on the run all the time.
Because some people have carpal tunnel syndrome and are older with less quick reflex's & minds, or high blood pressure.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjoy View Post
Because some people have carpal tunnel syndrome and are older with less quick reflex's & minds, or high blood pressure.
Or like me: Everything of the above.