Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Elite

"can now pay for rumored position of most single enemy quests (adds a waypoint to your map)"

Nice way to handle this issue.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:18 AM
Champion

I got a chance to pay for the enemy locations today and really appreciate the change.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:37 AM
Champion

Exclamation Log Bugs

The DPS shown in the log after completing a sector is incorrect.

Quote:
Damage: 1 - 5
Dps: 2.0
Looking through my other logs, they're all 1-5 or 1-4.

Full log: http://scrobot.com/drox/ScrObeta1-Sus-1560985055.txt

The individual components in the log show the correct DPS numbers, which match the UI: http://scrobot.com/drox/drox_dps.jpg

I also see a "skills" section with "SkillPointsLeft: 0" and "BestTrapDisarmed: lvl 0" -- perhaps these are unused leftovers? How about "ReputationLevel: 0"?

The Strongest Monster Defeated under FunStats may be dubious... I'm currently level 22, I doubt a level 10 veteran has been the strongest thing I've defeated. It shows the same in the in-game journal, so this isn't really a log issue. (=
Old 06-23-2012, 03:39 AM
Champion

Exclamation Long Quest Name Scrollbar Bug

The scrollbar buttons overlap on the Quest screen when there's a long quest name: http://scrobot.com/drox/drox_scrollbar_bug.jpg

Scrolling works as expected.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:31 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrObot View Post
I also see a "skills" section with "SkillPointsLeft: 0" and "BestTrapDisarmed: lvl 0" -- perhaps these are unused leftovers? How about "ReputationLevel: 0"?
Yes, those are leftovers from DoP and Din's. I guess they're coded into the engine and can only be dummied out.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Amateur

Default Item Quality :-(

Really do NOT like the loss of item quality indicators.

Right now, sussing out item quality is a little like one of those "Stroop tests", where color names (yellow, green, blue, red, etc.) are written in different colors.

It is VERY difficult to "see" what quality items in stores are. Adding to the fact that the items aren't clustered or grouped in any way, browsing stores becomes really tedious.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Expert

First of all thanks a lot for your hard work and bringing a new patch so fast!

After some hours of testing in multiplayer there seem to be some problems with this build for us.

The "all-human-bug" fixing worked. Problems occur now though when loading a map that for the client all relations are wrong. Non alliance are numbered with 0.00 and Alliance is 100.00 and no jumpgate is useable. On the map all systems are white for the client and nominally not inhabited. The jumpgate beaming doesn't work even to the homegate. After binding this to another point it works. Newly colonized systems work as well.

Another problem we have is not being able to force races to make peace:
In our current game we are allied with the last two factions. They declared war on each other. After our invention and a payment both agreed to make peace and reverted to 50.00%. The war between both is still shown though and we can repeatedly tell them to make peace. It doesn't change anything though. It seems not to make a difference if client or server tries to make them peaceful.

After 0.903 I have the problem as using leftclick for default attack that my ship flies to PoI that are about half a screen away from clicking (planets, other players ship). Often it is hard to find some place to click unto to make it fly somewhere else then. At times it locks most steering, at other times after I steered to another planet it just doesn't stop and flies back to the old one.
I'm unsure what this is about (whether I now do something different) but I think I didn't change anything. Using only keys for weapons (or mostly if I think it's dangerous) is a work around but I love left click as it's easy and does autoshooting. Couldn't perhaps something like steering left/right interrupt the autosteering? At the moment this is definitely a problem for me. Partly everything works great. The suddenly my ship acts mad and I can't make it stop or not steer into the mines. Strangely sometimes it wants to fly about one screen or more even while I click wildly around and try to interest it for something else.

Another thing that was strange an probably unwanted was ships of a race after the planet they guarded was killed stood as neutral non combatants in space. They were simply no race, not hostile and no target for others.
After the planet was recolonized they became original race and fully functional again (Drakk in this case).

Some AI behaviour is a bit off (not new in this build) perhaps. While the Drakk in that case were wildly exploring and had actual shippower they over a long time didn't defend a smaller planet. There were no ships there over about half a game. Perhaps the Drakk just knew that the Drox were doing the defending grudgingly anyways.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
Missiles should perhaps turn more slowly, so that if you're fast enough you can dodge them. That gives you more options to deal with them.
I take back this recommendation after thinking about it some more. It would nullify the need for many components.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgor View Post
I really don't like that component icons no longer show the mark number and rarity type. I don't care much for switching around the colours for the different types of slots,
but there really should be some way of telling the quality of a component at a glance without having to mouse over every single one for comparison.
I also strongly dislike taking away the regular rarity-based color scheme. My opinion is that the colors did a better job expressing the rarity of the item -- this is consistent with other ARPGs (as well as Soldak's ARPGs). Additionally, there are more gradations of rarity than there are slot types, so colors seem like a better fit.

For slot types, I think something can be used with shapes rather than colors. An icon at the bottom left could describe the slot type. A triangle, square and circle would do the job. Honestly though, I find that learning the slot type for every item type doesn't take much effort, at which point the colors give you no further information and are 'a waste'. For rarities, you constantly need to filter based on rarity type, and so the colors carry information throughout the game.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
Really do NOT like the loss of item quality indicators.

Right now, sussing out item quality is a little like one of those "Stroop tests", where color names (yellow, green, blue, red, etc.) are written in different colors.

It is VERY difficult to "see" what quality items in stores are. Adding to the fact that the items aren't clustered or grouped in any way, browsing stores becomes really tedious.
Seen from the perspective of a color-blind player- which I am- most of the color specific information is useless. Putting an easy one or two letter code after the items, i.e. -VR for uncommon or -VR for very rare would help tremendously. It would make scanning through items in the stores much quicker. As it stands i have to hover over every item and then scan for the rarity in those jumping info screens.

A simple word along the race relations bar for like, dislike or neutral would make that screen actually useful to me.

Also, I want every one of those functions screens to act like the planetary trading screen. If I click outside of the screen, it goes away. It's really unnecessary for me to play the 'find the x or back button' three times on the way out of the quest screens. The planetary trade screen works perfectly and teaches me do that on every possible screen anyway. It's frustrating.

Love the game and am playing it constantly.