Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox View Post
Hahahaha! That was win! But yeah, there should probably be some kind of "outer boundary" to prevent stuff like this from happening. Something that just made your ship "warp back" closer to the border if you kept going. That way, it would never be a long way to turn around and go back.
I'd like to see the game force you back by spawning massive numbers of mobs outside the field of view that come after you when you wander outside the system. I like games that keep me on my toes, and it'd give a nice illusion of tangible danger to give meaning to those boundaries.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Champion

I had another instance of races arriving after I've already completed a sector, however I got a second win screen this time (but no reward chests on the second win). The "extra" races is probably not a bug, but the second victory screen is.

I got a Diplomatic Win with Fringe and Human, and shortly afterward a Human planet was destroyed by a monster and Overlord (who had not been in this sector yet) took it over. Somehow they got killed (not sure if it was from a monster or Human/Fringe), and Talon appeared (also not seen previously in the sector). When I destroyed the lone Talon ship and planet, I got the "Victory music and you won the sector" popup. No extra reward chests were rewarded (though the planet did drop a bunch of components, but that's normal).

Also, I am still able to accept a colonization quest when a medium colony component is involved without actually having an open medium slot.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:36 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox View Post
Hahahaha! That was win! But yeah, there should probably be some kind of "outer boundary" to prevent stuff like this from happening. Something that just made your ship "warp back" closer to the border if you kept going. That way, it would never be a long way to turn around and go back.
Why not just a wall-of-vacuum that hits your ship after wandering too far away, effectively destroying you? All with obligatory "alarm" beeps and "destruction eminent" messages.

Regarding 0.908 - I have not actually commented on Drox Operative since I bought it few weeks ago. Now all I can say is that the game is doing GREAT! It was ok in the beginning, but every patch just keeps adding bunch of nice things...Victory conditions are great! Race specific stats-boosting at level up and specific components, both added in older patches but nonetheless, this things were desperately needed at the beginning. I hope we will see even more in terms of making races unique but current situation is definitely better then what was before. I used to think some sort of skill tree ala Din's Curse would be needed, but I am not so sure now. It would be still nice, but what the heck.

All in all I think the game is coming along really nicely. So thanks and keep up the good work.

P.S.: oh and I really like status bars segmentation. It's really cool and appropriate.