Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default Drox beta patch 0.910

Beta Patch 0.910 of Drox Operative is available over on the Drox Operative patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch adds more race/race interaction quests, makes quests easier to work with, improves the maps even more, added a bunch of advantages to weaker races, and fixes a bunch of other little things.
Patreon
Old 07-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Beta Patch 0.910 of Drox Operative is available over on the Drox Operative patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch adds more race/race interaction quests, makes quests easier to work with, improves the maps even more, added a bunch of advantages to weaker races, and fixes a bunch of other little things.
Looks really good.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Elite

Huge patch. Thank you SO much for the navigation improvements. This is a massive help.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Elite

Awesome! Can't wait to see a new sector play out.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Expert

The 15 minute carnage timer is something I am very interested in checking out as I keep ending up in a 1v1 stalemate within the first 15
minutes of play. All races have been doing the Zerg Rush thing with poor me in the middle hanging on like a rag doll in a hurricane.

The Auto Cruise Toggle is awesome. I was just about to mention that as the dreaded carpal tunnel was acting up already. Superb.

The new verbose messaging with extraneous info is really nice, but I'm not too sure about the message icon spam - especially
with that little sound every 5 seconds in a planetary attack. Although, it is nice to have all the windows open in one shot when you
go to field it, but I'm already shifting audio sliders to try to do something with the audio event. Within my first new sector, there
was already a major war within the first 15 minutes and every faction was screaming for help while I'm trying to click on enemies
to protect the planet without opening their inventory popups - frantic isn't quite the word I'm looking for here.

I can already see more of a fix developing with this "disconnection" issue people are talking about, which I like generally. Just informing the player
of most everything the game is doing goes a long way, albeit it's done constructively without being distracting. Options are always good.

Thank you for yet another amazing meal of Bullet List Salad! Drox has me hooked like SR2r did long ago, but in a real-time vibe this time.

Last edited by Shardz : 07-20-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Champion

Is it possible to translate the "Win" button? I didn't find the line.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Elite

Huge list of changes. Awesome.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Champion

Thanks for all the changes. I've been debating which ship to go with for yet another fresh start. I only build hardcore mode ships now that I have the mode unlocked. I'd like to build an evasion type ship, perhaps one with lots of computers (Utopian) and a high Defense value, but in the past I've not had much success with this. I wonder if it is possible to build a defensive minded ship that doesn't rely on tons of shields and/or armor.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardz View Post
The new verbose messaging with extraneous info is really nice, but I'm not too sure about the message icon spam - especially with that little sound every 5 seconds in a planetary attack. Although, it is nice to have all the windows open in one shot when you go to field it, but I'm already shifting audio sliders to try to do something with the audio event. Within my first new sector, there was already a major war within the first 15 minutes and every faction was screaming for help while I'm trying to click on enemies to protect the planet without opening their inventory popups - frantic isn't quite the word I'm looking for here.
I agree. I think they should only be able to repeat post every 30 seconds or so. I also noticed that no matter how many 'dings' I heard, there was only one message per race.

P.S. Can you add a hotkey for the Win screen?

Last edited by Roswitha : 07-21-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:48 AM
Expert

Looking good! I haven't tried the game in a few patches, and it looks like I have a lot to get caught up on. I'm particularly looking forward to the new minimap markers for getting around. I'll post some feedback tomorrow!