Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Champion

early on, I want those teleports though, so I don't have a problem with that.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Elite

I find myself receiving diplomatic messages from beyond the grave... The Utopians would like to let me know that helping the Dryad is irrelevant. I would suppose helping the Utopians would be more irrelevant, since they were eliminated an hour ago.

Also, as other people have mentioned, the diplomatic messages now seem a little hyperactive. None of them are particularly irrelevant, but it just seems like they are coming in a never ending wave. Not sure how to better manage these.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weelillad View Post
Screenshot shows races that are at war, then become friendly with each other for some reason (bug, maybe? They're still busy destroying each other's planets), and yet refuse to discuss peace, though Shadow rejected a couple of peace attempts from Hive.
It's possible they were dragged into a war because of a Mutual Protection Pact or an Alliance.
Patreon
Old 07-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Amateur

The only problem I have with the Racial Comms, is receiving the "help us" flavor text from an enemy. I know so-and-so is attacking your planet, I'm helping them.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taolaen View Post
The only problem I have with the Racial Comms, is receiving the "help us" flavor text from an enemy. I know so-and-so is attacking your planet, I'm helping them.
This is where the majority of the redundant CommSpam occurs for me. I'm outside his planet attacking him with another faction, and I'm getting frantic help calls from my target. Perhaps message him back and tell him to open his window blinds.

[End of Response]

I had a sector of 6 factions where two were eliminated immediately...for a while. The two eliminated factions came back into play after a few minutes somehow. I'm assuming that in their Elimination status, they were out trying to re-colonize a planet to get back into the game; and largely succeeded simultaneously. If that is the case, then this game is as nuts as I think it is. (A good kind of nuts, that is.).

** Also, I edited and added a substantial amount to my previous post here if anyone cares to glance at it again. I will try to leave it alone today.

Observe and Report v.910
Old 07-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Amateur

Also on the same note, If I'm in an Alliance, and my Ally goes to war (taking me with them) I can't very well deliver weapons to rebels if I can only target the planet. I learned that from the go and just don't take the quests, but it felt a little off.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Champion

Missing translation:

Discovered a Communications Array.
DiscoveredQuestLate
Old 07-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Champion

Bug: The bounding boxes for the "Held Components" and "Sell or Repurchase" hover labels go a few pixels too far above and below their displayed areas; the bottom few pixels in the last row of items for sale, and the top few pixels in the held/recent boxes don't show the component info on hover.

Bug: I'm still occasionally coming across planets that have ship components in the "Essential components" space.

One time there was technology in there, but when I purchased it and tried to identify the technology (via right click), nothing happened. I also purchased a medium thruster from that area, and it showed up as using zero power load, and when I installed it, it did not give me any thrust. Components don't disappear upon purchasing them (which is likely working "correctly"). Purchasing components from that area "randomizes" the component stats as well; I could purchase five of the medium thrusters and get different thrust and defense values each time.

(The details on how components purchased from this bugged area aren't working correctly doesn't really matter, since they shouldn't be showing up there in the first place. (= )
Old 07-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Amateur

Constant stream of crashes with the latest patch (0.910). I've been playing this for a day or two (was out of town when patch first released). At first it was smoothing sailing but now it keeps crashing. Specifically I will be flying around and it gets slower and slower (esp in battle); then it will freeze; i'll hit escape and get an error message that drox stopped responding and kicked out. When I check in task manager I was only using around 300MB. Also when I restart after a crash it takes 'relatively' long to load the auto save.

send an email if you need more info as I only check this forum occasionally.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Champion

The diplomatic messages are great, but in some cases they are a little inappropriate. For instance, when I am in a 3 way alliance and we are all at war with another empire, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for that empire to keep asking me for help... as I'm bombing them...

I noticed that the waypoints created when you use the quest option to help find your target still don't disappear after the quest has been completed. This has been the case since that feature was implemented. Is that something that can be fixed in the future? It's not a huge deal to go into the map and right click to remove them, but it'd be nice to have it happen automatically once I'm done with the quest.

I'd still like to see rally beacons or some way to help direct your allies attacks, but overall the war is certainly much more exciting than it was on release.

My least favorite quests are those involving assisting research. In a sparsely colonized sector, enemies are everywhere and this tends to be relatively easy. In a heavily colonized sector, it can be impossible to find the enemy type you are looking for. Even when you do find them, they aren't always very forthcoming with the research notes. It feels rather grindy to me, almost like an MMO drop hunt quest only I also have to figure how where the enemy is rather than just grinding in a static spawn point.