Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 06:57 AM
Elite

BUG: When buying a component from the "Essential Components" section, I did not get the item I paid for (+352 power ramscoop with +75 attack, bought it got +302 power only). Normally I think these items don't even show as identified, but they were in this case. I have a screenshot if required...

EDIT: Bought another component from the same planet. It should have been an auto repair using 191 power, instead it uses 0 power... Bought a few from other planets as well, seems to be the same for everything.

Last edited by ShaggyMoose : 07-26-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:43 AM
Elite

Another terminology "gripe" -- Quests -> Missions? Assignments? Tasks? Commissions? Trying to get Drox Operative out of the Dark Ages (the only problem here is that Q is the current quest log hot key -- however, I do believe that Tasks might work, and the T hotkey isn't taken, for folk on Qwerty keyboards...)

I'm a dungeon/adventure RPG'er; I find some of the "switch to space reality" breaks if the terminology doesn't match the environment.

And congrats on a space-age game that I actually like -- the only other one I've ever liked is EV Nova. In some ways I miss the trader aspects of some other space-age games, but only from the perspective of preferring a less combat-oriented game. I actually like that I have 5 fighters along with me for the ride, because it takes some of the combat pressure off of me, and combat is not my favorite part of such games. In EV Nova, combat almost always meant death for me. I'm not a twitch-finger game player.

However, I've only completed one "area" of the game, and we'll see how I do as the danger level rises.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
Suggestion: Instead of "Reward Chests" they could be "Reward Capsules" -- something more space-agey anyway....and more like what they look like. Maybe "Pod"?
Good catch.
And still think that races should be renamed as species, monsters as creatures, quests as missions.
This is sci-fi not fantasy. The jargon is a little different.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Elite

I'm going to go ahead and call this a bug: I increased my crit rate to 52% using the Deadly Aim item, but I'm barely seeing any critical hits.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Elite

Request:
When an item has a requirement you don't meet, couldn't it show you (in grey perhaps) what your current stat IS? i.e. why do I have to open another screen to check stat requirements at all? Is there too little room?

Rationale: In the space age, smart programmers would program that into their computers. Or if this is a "crew report on the items in our cargo hold/items at the shop at the port" wouldn't a GOOD crew member let the captain know how short their ship is of meeting the requirements for said items?

"Captain this here's a great item, but we don't meet the requirements."

"Well, what would it take to meet the requirements?"

"I'll have to look that up, Captain. I'll get back to you after I press the 'c' key...."

It gets old.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Amateur

I just noticed the new patch is only 2.8 MB. Are the patches cumulative, or do they have to be installed one after the other? I can't find a download link to any of the others available.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea View Post
I just noticed the new patch is only 2.8 MB. Are the patches cumulative, or do they have to be installed one after the other? I can't find a download link to any of the others available.
They're cumulative. They don't need much space because usually the only thing bundled in the patch is the new .exe file and a new assets003.zip file (the only data file changed by the patches). So long as patches don't introduce new image files or sound files, the patch doesn't have to grow much.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
They're cumulative. They don't need much space because usually the only thing bundled in the patch is the new .exe file and a new assets003.zip file (the only data file changed by the patches). So long as patches don't introduce new image files or sound files, the patch doesn't have to grow much.
Odd, I'm pretty sure some of the earlier patches were around 60 MB and changed stuff like the UI.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea View Post
Odd, I'm pretty sure some of the earlier patches were around 60 MB and changed stuff like the UI.
We've never had a patch that big. We have changed the UI quite a bit since the first version, but good texture usage and compressed textures makes it so it doesn't take up too much space.
Patreon
Old 07-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Elite

This was taken in multiplayer a little while ago. The server player saw -45 economic points. I was level 5 and did nothing to earn this kind of cash.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2012-07-27 at 6.12.00 PM.jpg (16.2 KB, 12 views)