Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Default Drox beta patch 0.913

Beta Patch 0.913 of Drox Operative is available over on the Drox Operative patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch adds corruption to more powerful races, adds more consequences to races for outstanding quests, adds an economic lose condition, adds a lose screen, and fixes a bunch of other little things.
Patreon
Old 08-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Beta Patch 0.913 of Drox Operative is available over on the Drox Operative patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch adds corruption to more powerful races, adds more consequences to races for outstanding quests, adds an economic lose condition, adds a lose screen, and fixes a bunch of other little things.
Awesome! I love that economic lose condition, and corruption looks good too!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Expert

very nice additions to the inner dimensions of the game
Old 08-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Elite

The economic lose condition might take care of Bluddy's sector-deathwish... And definitely makes sense.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Expert

I was hoping we'd get another patch prior to the weekend. Thanks for all the hard work!
Old 08-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Expert

Would it be possible to get a Clear Failed Missions or Clear Obsolete button on the Quest page or something? When you have a ton of quests from an exterminated race, it's takes a lot of clicking to remove all the failed quests from the list. I know the game is paused when you are on the screen, but it would be nice to purge the crap out of there in a jiffy.

Btw, nice lose screen. I'm going back to Normal mode and retrofit my dang Fruitbat ship before I take more brutal damage in Expert. That mode is tough when your ship isn't up to the task!

P.S. Thank you for the weekend patch - I think we all love that!

Last edited by Shardz : 08-03-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Amateur

Cool

Woo hoo! Thanks for the pinata patchworks!
Old 08-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Elite

Ever since I made a Fringe ship yesterday, my game's been crashing all the time. It doesn't seem linked to anything I'm doing.

EDIT: It seems to have stopped for now. I'm not sure what was happening - maybe some interaction with low level quests?

Last edited by Chumpy : 08-04-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Elite

Nice lose screen. What if you did one screen with tabs for win and lose?
Old 08-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Expert

Default Safe Docking System

Would it be possible to look into the possibility for a Safe Docking System for safe extended ship retrofitting sessions? There are quite a few times in hostile maps that you simply cannot stop at a planet outside to do this for any length of time and it's kind of game-changing - especially at the start of a sector when you really need some privacy. I'd like to see;

Quick Dock System - like we have now - hit and run. No additional coding required.
Safe Dock System - Grab some coffee, get a wrench, make a day out of it. Relax while we watch your back!

Evochron Mercenary had the same problem with docking - people were trying to conduct business over their trading interface, but were getting pelted with lasers from nasties flying by (no, I don't want any Nasty right now!). They ended up shielding the player in the space station and ship repairs are all done "inside" the structure so that you don't get hurt and you can take your time to think! Because there will be some thinking going on here...even if I'm not the one doing it!

The counter to the Safe Docking system (to avoid exploits) would be to destroy the player's ship (or eject with pod) when the planet is blown up. You'll be safe...as long as there is someone to defend the planet. I think that's fair. This might not be a completely safe way, but at least it would give you enough time to get some buff items to try to fight the battle instead of remaining empty with no option to stop. OR...you could implement a Safe Docking timer - you can't land a plane without clearance from the tower first. You could put a 5 minute limit on that so it can't be abused.

Just some thoughts...

Last edited by Shardz : 08-04-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Fun with Phoenix!