Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Elite

Bug: Energy Leecher doesn't work on race ships.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Legend

I've had a lot of crashes recently, but then again I'm also playing a lot more.

EDIT: One thing I remember was that at one point, the quest items (weapons, oxidation agents etc) spawned at a level higher than my own, and they all had X's on them. I tried to use one of them and crashed. When I reloaded, I made sure to level up first, and it was fine.

Last edited by Bluddy : 08-05-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Elite

Suggestion: Have thrust boosts add to defense like other thrust items.

It's consistent, and that way they actually become more useful as you level (since no one lets their max speed drop that low anyway).

Related: Overclockers need to be better than "for 15 seconds out of a minute, pretend you actually equipped a computer instead." Same principle applies to Emergency Thrusters. Temporary boosts need to be way better to stand out.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumpy View Post
Suggestion: Have thrust boosts add to defense like other thrust items.

It's consistent, and that way they actually become more useful as you level (since no one lets their max speed drop that low anyway).

Related: Overclockers need to be better than "for 15 seconds out of a minute, pretend you actually equipped a computer instead." Same principle applies to Emergency Thrusters. Temporary boosts need to be way better to stand out.
I think this could use another thread (if there isn't one). There are a whole bunch of items that seem to have little use, and it's worth figuring out if anyone has found a use for them or if they need to be modified.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
There are a whole bunch of items that seem to have little use, and it's worth figuring out if anyone has found a use for them or if they need to be modified.
Seconded. I was just thinking about putting together a list of the components I never use.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Expert

I think I found out why I was obsoleting steal-the-tech missions in .911:

If a race asks for a tech you've already found, the quest cannot be completed (you cannot learn the tech twice). Trading the tech they're asking for when you already know it merely obsoletes the quest.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Elite

Love the X in inventory items, but now all inventory items blocked by the race of your ship also need an X If that's do-able.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Legend

- Looks like when you play a lower level sector (I'm playing the crowded challenge and I'm level 26), the item drops are at the lower level, but the planet shops stock up with stuff that's your level, which is confusing.

- I'm experiencing many crashes in this sector. I'm guessing that once in a while an auto-save causes a crash because it happens at fairly regular intervals.

- Stuff surrounding apes leaving the humans (ie subraces leaving races) may be buggy. The apes inherited some human quests left on the planet, and those quests all had (human) after their title (instead of ape). Also, there was a human quest to eradicate the apes on the planet and it was still there! Another issue that's at least confusing is that the rebel quest tells me to go talk to the rebel ship that made contact with me, but it doesn't want to talk (I admit that I may have misread the instructions). Instead I went to the planet with the rebellion and sold them guerrilla arms and somehow that got to the rebels. The game also crashed at that point the first time, and since that point has been crashing regularly (as I mentioned above).
Old 08-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Can you send me a save game of the game that keeps crashing?
Patreon
Old 08-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Can you send me a save game of the game that keeps crashing?
OK, I just sent it.