Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Default Drox beta patch 0.917

Beta Patch 0.917 of Drox Operative is available over on the Drox Operative patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch makes a lot of balance changes, fixes a bunch of small things, and provides the player with more information.
Patreon
Old 08-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Legend

Nice patch.

The problem with beams degrading over distance is that you have little feedback that you're doing reduced damage. We need some kind of indicator that we're not hitting at max damage (other than the damage amount), even if it's a floating word (like 'underpowered'). Otherwise, perhaps it'd be better to just have beams work at close ranges only.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Champion

Awesome! Will dive into this at once.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:36 AM
Champion

Wow, man! Cloak is almost overpowered now :P Doing HUGE hits on stuff from stealth, most often oneshotting everything that isn't a boss. Big gangs is a problem though, since you need to sacrifice a lot to be able to function well with a cloak.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Elite

Thanks for another patch!

Single-player game quirks:

1) Bug: Accepting quests (all quests of a race, I think) often creates a "Quest Completed" message? Certainly, that message is coming up simply from accepting quests for some reason...and I think I saw it when I was clearing failed/deprecated quests from my log...

2) *Someone* Needs to be rescued msg (in the onscreen message log) doesn't say which race the request comes from. Nor what system they're in. Makes the message pretty useless.

3) Bug: Ship build time estimate keeps resetting to :59 seconds left. Does not display minutes. Very annoying. Originally reported in Typo thread by Roswitha. Confirmed for me too. Seeing as I don't know how long I have to wait, I just get restless...

4) Bug: (try this) <P>ause, <ESC> (to bring up game menu), <ESC> (sheds game menu) == Unpaused.

5) ??!?: Does the expansionist quality really work on the Lithosoid & Humans? I'm not seeing that trait…they usually seem to have low # planets -- and Lithosoid says they can live nearly anywhere, so shouldn't they take on undesirable planets in otherwise occupied systems? How long do they take to build colony ships? I mean, other races have 11-17 planets, and Humans get wiped out and Lithosoid had only ever gotten to 2 planets… (this is happening in the 1st Challenge…) [I had a Drox High Command order to protect Lithosoids and they only had 1 planet by the time I found them -- their nearest competition, Hive, had something like 7....Utopians got a peak of something like 17 planets...Humans got up to perhaps 4 planets before they got wiped out during the mid-game.]

Thanks again!
Old 08-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
Thanks for another patch!

Single-player game quirks:

1) Bug: Accepting quests (all quests of a race, I think) often creates a "Quest Completed" message? Certainly, that message is coming up simply from accepting quests for some reason...and I think I saw it when I was clearing failed/deprecated quests from my log...
I see this a lot too. It's not all quests, but often enough to react over it. I seem to only happen when I accept quests via the relations menu. Can't remember it happening via a planet.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox View Post
I see this a lot too. It's not all quests, but often enough to react over it. I seem to only happen when I accept quests via the relations menu. Can't remember it happening via a planet.
Could be... I know it happens while my game is paused -- so it makes no sense that I just completed a quest
Old 08-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Amateur

-Happy to see the monster onslaught toned down against races - the poor downtrodden colonists of my sector thank you

-noted that the "protect planet x until help arrives" seems to be working much better now, thanks

-Steal tech X from race Y, doesn't seem to complete properly when you trade them the tech (quest becomes obsolete). Based off the quest flavor text, I would guess this should work... but guess not

-I've been playing this ship for 28 hours now. Its been about 25 since I've seen any cargo module (2 hours at this patch level now)
Old 08-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtolman View Post
-I've been playing this ship for 28 hours now. Its been about 25 since I've seen any cargo module (2 hours at this patch level now)
Well, at a lower level, I definitely saw more cargo bays (small & a couple medium...)... have to try with a higher-level ship.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
Well, at a lower level, I definitely saw more cargo bays (small & a couple medium...)... have to try with a higher-level ship.
The problem is getting the percentage correct for the bays to be picked by the game as a vendor item. As the game progresses, the game has more and more items to choose from. All the new items were diluting the pool, and bays were not appearing as much as a result. There will probably be more tweaking based on your input.