Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Default Drox beta patch 0.918

Beta Patch 0.918 of Drox Operative is available over on the Drox Operative patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch makes systems more unique and fixes a bunch of small things.
Patreon
Old 08-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Champion

Ouch, half cloak bonus? Not sure if that is a bit heavy handed. Will try in game and then comment. Nice spruce up on the system stuff! Looking good!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox View Post
Ouch, half cloak bonus? Not sure if that is a bit heavy handed. Will try in game and then comment. Nice spruce up on the system stuff! Looking good!
I think it should still be pretty powerful.
Patreon
Old 08-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Champion

Suggestion: This could be done for a lot of screens, but the Trade and Available Quests screens particularly -- add a way to switch between the races without having to back out two screens and select a different race.

For example, there could be icons for each of the active races in a lower corner of the screen which, when clicked, would bring you to the same screen for that other race. (i.e. if you're in the Trade screen for Brunt and you click on the Cortex icon, you get the Trade screen for Cortex.)

Alternately (and IMO less user friendly) you could have arrows to cycle between the races in sequence.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Champion

Bug/Inconsistency: Hitting the escape key while on the Drox screen doesn't exit out of it like all the other screens, including the Win and Lose conditions screens.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Expert

I was one-shotting planets, so I agree completely with the cloak nerfs.
Might even need a bit more nerfs. I'll give an opinion on that when I have a chance to test it out.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeIntellect View Post
I was one-shotting planets, so I agree completely with the cloak nerfs.
Might even need a bit more nerfs. I'll give an opinion on that when I have a chance to test it out.
Well, as far as explosives go, aye. But trying to fight with cloak and a beam/kinetic weapon now has taken a severe hit in the behind.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Elite

I have a quest to rescue someone and the blue dot doesn't appear in the system. Save game attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Nistorn.zip (58.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-30-2012, 01:32 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
I have a quest to rescue someone and the blue dot doesn't appear in the system. Save game attached.
I've had that happen throughout the beta. Sometimes they can be found in different systems (which doesn't make sense since they don't move anymore).
Old 08-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox View Post
Well, as far as explosives go, aye. But trying to fight with cloak and a beam/kinetic weapon now has taken a severe hit in the behind.
Technically that is only natural of course - a cloak's combat advantage is based on the element of surprise (An enemy won't be weapon-ready, some crew might be lingering in the mess hall, shields may not be raised etc.). In effect a 500 Lb. surprise bomb is bound to do more damage before the enemy is alert than throwing pebbles at a starship hull does.

Still, maybe the cloak's bonus could be related to the amount of time it sticks after being detected? That would be a tad more scalable than +damage modifiers, while equally favoring all weapon types to a certain extend. Having said that im glad with the nerf; dual bombs were so laughably overpowered that i made a new figher based character since i felt like i was cheating