Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Champion

Bug: I had a neutral race's planet trade window show no components at all (including essential items slots) at one point. I'm pretty sure I had shopped there successfully previously in the sector. I saved and reloaded and it worked fine after that, so no save file, and I haven't seen it before, so it may have just been a fluke.

Bug: The long-standing issue of components showing up in the "essential" slots still exists.

Bug: After playing for a while (over an hour with the game open), and alt-tabbing between the game and my desktop multiple times, sometimes the "right click to use items" uses the item at the top of the three scrollable boxes, rather than the bottom, "selected" item. I've had this happen on two different occasions on this patch, and don't recall it happening previously.

Bug(-ish): If you use a right-click item (say, energy boost), and right click again while it's recharging, it still plays the sound as if you successfully used it again (unless you click directly on the icon, in which case no sound is made). I think it should make the "bad beep" sound instead, like when you try to equip a component you don't have the requirements for. (Both the component sound and the "bad beep" play simultaneously in that case -- I think I'd prefer only the "bad beep" without the original sound in both of these scenarios.)
Old 08-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Champion

I'm not sure at what point the anomaly graphics were updated, but the variety looks awesome now. Great job!

Suggestion: The stars around your ship when you're stunned seem too Din's Curse-y to me, and not really applicable to a spaceship -- how about an electrical field visual effect instead (lightning zaps across the top of your ship)? (There's an electrical storm-type effect that pops up in space every now and then -- somewhat similar to that.)

Suggestion: I'm not sure if this was a conscious design decision or not, but can normal wormholes between systems and the unmarked ones which transport you randomly be differentiated somehow? Maybe just a color shift on the spinning textures or something? I sometimes find myself wondering if I've accidentally turned the labels off when I come across one, thinking it may be a normal edge of system wormhole rather than a random one.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrObot View Post
Bug: I had a neutral race's planet trade window show no components at all (including essential items slots) at one point. I'm pretty sure I had shopped there successfully previously in the sector. I saved and reloaded and it worked fine after that, so no save file, and I haven't seen it before, so it may have just been a fluke.
Yes, this has been around a long time. It only happens when you click on a planet with an exclamation point, click Talk (not Solve), then click Trade, and then do something else (like simply click the mouse in space somewhere). Shadow knows of that one, and it still needs to be fixed (I'm sure it's on his list). What should be happening when you click the mouse in space (or do something else) is that the vendors buy/sell screen needs to close. Next time this happens, just close the vendor's screen and re-open it.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Elite

Quote:
I'm not sure at what point the anomaly graphics were updated, but the variety looks awesome now. Great job!
Thanks. This patch - May be more variations of these coming later.

Quote:
Suggestion: The stars around your ship when you're stunned seem too Din's Curse-y to me, and not really applicable to a spaceship -- how about an electrical field visual effect instead (lightning zaps across the top of your ship)? (There's an electrical storm-type effect that pops up in space every now and then -- somewhat similar to that.)
I'll agree and will give your suggestion a try.

Quote:
Suggestion: I'm not sure if this was a conscious design decision or not, but can normal wormholes between systems and the unmarked ones which transport you randomly be differentiated somehow? Maybe just a color shift on the spinning textures or something? I sometimes find myself wondering if I've accidentally turned the labels off when I come across one, thinking it may be a normal edge of system wormhole rather than a random one.
Well, they actually are slightly different colors, and "trap" ones spin in a more disorganized way. They are meant to be similar so that you need to look closely to differentiate them.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Elite

Checked out the patch yesterday: here's my feedback:

1) Bug: All shields at the vendors think they're better than my shields -- well they aren't. Lower rating, more power load, no special features…. I think this is a new bug. Anyone else see this?

2) Bug: If I'm at an Ancient Recharge Station, and drop a mine, it's triggered by the station.

3) Relations Insanity: The auto-declare war thing works OK for the races, but please don't do this to me… Here goes -- stay with me on this:

The Humans declare war on the Brunt. I honor my mutual protection pact, and (auto)declare war on the Humans. The Dryads honor an alliance with the Humans and declare war on me. The Brunt honor an alliance with the Dryads and declare war on me. Wait a minute…I got INTO this war to honor an allegiance to the Brunt… why are they at war with me now? Because I was trying to protect them… 1) Why would Drox High Command do this idiocy? (I assume it's them, because it is not ME…) 2) Why would the Brunt break a pact with me where I'm the only faction helping protect THEM against the humans who just declared war on them? 3) Why didn't the Dryads break their treaty (alliance) with the Humans for the Humans going to war with the Brunt? They were allied with both... And 4) Why didn't the humans think 3 times before potentially pissing off the Dryads (their allies) by going after the Brunt (with whom their ally is allied?)...

4) The value of "unbreakable" is probably overrated…anyone care to disagree? When items are "Ranked" in the stores by their monetary/perceived value, I think that unbreakable might need a value nerf.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
Checked out the patch yesterday: here's my feedback:

1) Bug: All shields at the vendors think they're better than my shields -- well they aren't. Lower rating, more power load, no special features…. I think this is a new bug. Anyone else see this?
It's not just shields. It seems a LOT of components seem to think they're better when they're in fact trash compared to what I'm using.

Quote:
2) Bug: If I'm at an Ancient Recharge Station, and drop a mine, it's triggered by the station.
This is by design. The recharge stations are destroyable. Try launching bombs at them. They'll blow up. It's partly to prevent bombcamping (permarecharging) and also give an option to prevent monsters from using them.

Quote:
4) The value of "unbreakable" is probably overrated…anyone care to disagree? When items are "Ranked" in the stores by their monetary/perceived value, I think that unbreakable might need a value nerf.
I have never valued anything higher because it's unbreakable. Durability has such as miniscule impact on the game that "unbreakable" really is a gimmick more than a "OOOOH!" thing.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Champion

It seems that "rotate" (when you create your character) is not in the translation files.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:44 PM
Elite

It's not dangerous enough being a wandering vendor: a vendor got too close to a dryad planet (or spawned next to it...), and they attacked & destroyed him....

I imagine it's a bug?
Old 08-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Expert

Quote:
It's not dangerous enough being a wandering vendor: a vendor got too close to a dryad planet (or spawned next to it...), and they attacked & destroyed him....

I imagine it's a bug?
Same thing happened to me, Dryad and everything (rather ironic).
I swore vengeance and wiped out Dryad for it.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeIntellect View Post
Same thing happened to me, Dryad and everything (rather ironic).
I swore vengeance and wiped out Dryad for it.
And everyone thought that those Dryad were so nice and friendly. I pity any girl scouts knocking on their doors to sell them thin mints. Yes, I've reported this bug several times ...poor wandering vendors are already monster magnets as it is.