Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Expert

Default 99% of all loot I can't use

Hi Shadow,

I was wondering if you could take a peek at the loot system. I'm a warlock/paladin, with a summoned fury and I'm selling pretty much 99% of all the loot I pick up. I'm hoping for shields, maces, mail armor and get a ton of daggers, two-handed weapons, axes, robes, cloth, etc. And man, do I get a lot of bows.

Also the shields I've found so far have been really small circular bucklers. Paladins and warriors would, I think, use larger shields like tower shields. Also the shield icons don't always look like the end result. For example I found an epic shield with an amazing icon and when I equipped it, it was a little round buckler. I want to feel epic. lol. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Elite

What level are you at?

The gear you find is random. Early in the game you collect some gear, sell other gear, and purchase what you can't find. Later in the game you'll start finding some really amazing gear, and you'll almost never buy equipment. You'll still find mostly gear you don't want, but you'll have fancier gear overall.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Expert

Default level

Hi Cad,

I'm level 11 on this newest character. Been really hard for me to play a lot since I hate being alone in games (I posted a henchmen request earlier this week). Getting killed a ton as well because of my spec (Paladin/Warlock) but I needed some company. I think I would have achieved a much higher level by now but have been playing other games until, I hope, we can get some hire able henchmen in this game.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Champion

Non-useful gear is for turning into money, which you can save for when that Elite Shield salesman or purveyor of Blunt weapons comes to visit town. Reputation rewards can also give you some nice stuff. It's not Always going to be Ciglio's belt...
Old 04-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Champion

Picking up loot you can't use is kind of typical for games in this genre type. It's definitely a staple. Pick up tons of stuff, sell the most valuable, drop the rest, use what you can.

Create a hybrid with weaponmaster and you can use almost all weapons, that should help.