Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Powers View Post
Just wanted to say that one time I was in town and talked to an NPC and they said something like, "I hear that so-and-so the weapon smith is selling something-something"(and the name of the weapon was purple to indicate that it was an artifact). I went straight to that person, but they didn't even have anything better than some yellow items. I then went and checked every NPC in town and none of them had any artifacts.

So, I think sometimes they still say things that aren't true anymore.
Not sure if they lie, but the same thing happened to me and I got a weapon that I used for the next 10 (or more) levels.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Powers View Post
Just wanted to say that one time I was in town and talked to an NPC and they said something like, "I hear that so-and-so the weapon smith is selling something-something"(and the name of the weapon was purple to indicate that it was an artifact). I went straight to that person, but they didn't even have anything better than some yellow items. I then went and checked every NPC in town and none of them had any artifacts.

So, I think sometimes they still say things that aren't true anymore.
That happened to me too! In fact two people in the same town said two other people had artifact weapons for sale but when I went to them, there were none but rares. I did notice a 'visiting' weaponsmith said "I have the sword named "xxx" but I'm not selling it. I do have some good weapons for sale though." No one in town had mentioned him! At this time I wonder if I had killed him, would I have gotten that weapon?

Speaking of odd things, has anyone gotten a quest to kill 5, yes 5 big bosses in one level of a dungeon? They were all bunched together like they'd just had a meeting of bad minds and who and when they'd attack the town. Not unlike the "Godfather" movie. I had to lure them out one by one, got killed by one of them and it took a lot of running around to get the soulstone back before trying to attack again!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjoy View Post
Speaking of odd things, has anyone gotten a quest to kill 5, yes 5 big bosses in one level of a dungeon?
Me too. Had a single Boss, became a group of four, then the group split up into four individual Boss quests (although they stayed in the same area).

Cleared out the level, and after some tough fighting, knocked out all four. After a trip to town to sell half the fallen items , got just far enough away from the exit to discover another Boss (surprise) and that the dungeon critters had respawned almost shoulder-to-shoulder. So much for that hardcore character...