Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Legend

Default 2nd Appeal for Comp. Mode

I know it was already discussed that a competitive mode for Din's Curse would be unlikely and it will probably not happen, but I still feel it should be discussed.

If you could put a player vs. player mode in the game, it would be so much fun due to all the different character classes and combinations. Nobody would ever be on top all the time due to every class having a weakness. Even if you didnt want to play pvp, you didnt have to. It would at most be a small optional addition to the main page where 2 players (or more) would engage in a duel where each are given the same odds. No potions, food or any healing items. Only skills and that is it. It would work the same way that regular multiplayer would work where someone would see what level the other player is and then decide whether the level is too high or too low. If too high, you could put a handicap to make it more fair like start at 50-25% health.

This would be a lot of fun if put into an already great game, and it might even give soldak some ideas for pvp in dop2.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Expert

problem is damage isn't scale well with health in this game for pvp to be viable. In most cases your character deals way more damage than his/her own health especially in some classes with one or two very high damage skill boost if invested in. If pvp option is available my char can 1shot anybody with less than 2k health even with 1/3 or 1/2 damage reduction on him and not every one can pump out that kind of damage.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Legend

What you say is a minor problem, but it can be corrected. If you make it so melee and ranged damage are put to 1/8 or 1/10, then, i think that will work. And magic can be set to 1/5 or something like that since magic doesnt do as much damage as physical. Something along those lines.

These are minor things that can be fixed. It would be a good first step to try and give that a try. I'm not saying it will be perfect but nothing ever is. Plus its going to need to get done anyway with dop2, so why not try it with the expansion in dins.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:00 AM
Champion

I am not the biggest fan of PvP since I usually get my butt kicked but I will say the combat engine that soldak uses which reminds me more of a sped up neverwinter nights than Diablo might make hack & slash PvP quite fun since you have 'deflections', 'parries', 'criticals' and the whole nine yards which is superior than just two players charging at one another and hacking away until one falls like some of dungeon crawlers out there. I agree that with some tweaking it could work.