Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Elite

With additional content and with some of the other good ideas that have been posted in these forums - absolutely.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Legend

I guess it's not a bad idea. Although it is a little early as the game just recently became officially the game. There's a few questions i have about it.

-If you could play out in say a desert, or a molten lava place with debris and other stuff (that'd be cool!), or forest; what would you do about the dungeons, or do you even have them?
-If you did have the dungeons then you'd have to either multitask and do both, or....just do the wilderness areas. But in my opinion, i think that would just be making the game something it is not.

Any other thoughts on this.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Champion

What do you think, Shadow?

Now that you've released DC, is it viable to think of expanding it for a cost (that most of us would gladly pay), or would you rather just work on an entirely new project?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Right now I am leaning towards doing an expansion next.
Patreon
Old 04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Elite

Thumbs up

Excellent! Have my preorder.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Legend

Sweet....I can hardly wait.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgor View Post
Mine too!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Champion

Moi as well
Old 04-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Amateur

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgor View Post
yep im in!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Legend

Default Class idea for possible new Expansion

I've been thinking it over in my head since i started reading this thread and i came up with a few ideas for a class. None of them made sense as well as the idea for a monk class.

I figured out that it would have to be altered a little bit if it was going to be Din's Curse version of the monk, so these are just my ideas.

Here goes: These meticulous wanderers disdain the use of weapons, instead allowing their willpower, finesse, cunning, spirit and ironhard fists defeat anything that comes their way.

I figured the monk class would be split into 3 sub-classes as usual. The only difference is that unlike the rogue and fighter, the monk will have all 3 main classes as well incorporated into it (Fighter/Rogue/Mage). Here are the subclasses i came up with:

1) Martial Artist- This class will mostly be a hard-hitting offensive combat puncher. He will have skills that are like the offensive weaponmaster- a lot of attacks and masteries to enhance their fists and their body (haste). The attacks are all good at causing crushing blow and stunning blow...though more on crushing than stunning.

2) Nightfist- This class is the rogue type of the monk. Since monks in most games have a few stealth type attributes. They are called the night fist because of a skill they have. The skill is very powerful. It causes the enemies to be distracted if they are a certain lvl making them unable to see you (depending on the skill lvl). The first attack on the enemy gives a very minor stunning blow and attack boost. Other than that, this class is a defensive class with a few masteries, some of which make the monk more durable and give resistances. There are less real attacks on this monk, however they all are more apt to cause stunning blow.

3) Mystic- This is the mage type class for the monk. All of its attacks are about knocking your opponents away with spiritual energy. The class is alot like the druid and magician. It has a few attack spells, the rest are all mystic controlling spells. Ex: make enemies fight each other, confuse them, and even later...control them.

Thats it, I dont know if that would work...but i tried.