Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Amateur

Default 'Item must stay in inventory' ?

Your original 12-slot backpack seems to be invincible / unable to be dropped, sold, moved into stash, or otherwise thrown away.

Why is this? I know I can just keep it in my inventory, but it's a wasted slot. I have bags bigger than the starting backpack now, and yet I can't get full use of them because my backpack seems to be attached to my soul or something. Even moving it in the stash wouldn't be so terrible.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Old 06-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokehead View Post
Your original 12-slot backpack seems to be invincible / unable to be dropped, sold, moved into stash, or otherwise thrown away.

Why is this? I know I can just keep it in my inventory, but it's a wasted slot. I have bags bigger than the starting backpack now, and yet I can't get full use of them because my backpack seems to be attached to my soul or something. Even moving it in the stash wouldn't be so terrible.

Anyone know how to fix this?
There's a standing petition for Shadow to change this, but so far it hasn't happened. You're stuck with it.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Champion

It's not just make it removable but ensure at least one bag isn't removed, plus it's a part of interface not managed for bag removal and few more details like that. Is it really worth it for just few more slots?
Old 06-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Champion

One solution could be to have the non-removal bag increase in slots once a certain character level is reached.

I.E. if you hit level 20, it goes to 18 slots. Or whatever. Then replacing it would be moot. Course I'm not a dev so I this idea could be rubbish.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Amateur

That's true, but it'd be a lot easier just to not have a non removable bag in the first place.

Does anyone know what Soldak has said about this? What's the reasoning?
Old 06-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokehead View Post
That's true, but it'd be a lot easier just to not have a non removable bag in the first place.

Does anyone know what Soldak has said about this? What's the reasoning?
I suspect it's to avoid situations where a newbie accidentally removes all their bags and ends up completely unable to pick things up or buy things.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Elite

I do like the idea you had, though about the size increasing when the character's level increased. You still don't have to worry about a bag being removed from there, and at the same time, you have a reward that is independent from lucky finds.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Elite

You must be level 47 to use the 16 slot backpack. So maybe when you reach level 47, your permanent backpack automatically upgrades to the 16 slot version. If there's a bigger backpack (I haven't met one yet), your backpack automatically upgrades when you are a high enough level to use it.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Elite

I agree with the people suggesting the starting backpack should "level up" along with the character whose back it's fused to...
Old 06-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Expert

This is a great idea. Now to wish that an even bigger backpack was available for packrats that reach level 80...