Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Amateur

Default 1.010 vs 1.008

I started with 1.008 on the server and client, and had no problems hosting a server for others to play, no hanging, no need to restart etc.

Since installing the v1.010 patch, I have had the server disconnect clients, hand to the point that an End Task doesn't even work and requires a reboot to resolve.

Not sure what all changed but this has happened 3 times since running the v1.010...

If after the weekend it's still flaky, I'll revert back to 1.008 for a more stable server
Old 11-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Hmm, I don't remember anything that was server related that changed in the last couple patches.
Patreon
Old 11-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Amateur

I also was having this issue. Myself and both of my brothers played monday night on our own server as well as ServerHost's server just fine. We were all on the 1.008 patch. We patched on Wednesday night and had problems the whole night. Sometimes one of us could not connect but the other two could. Sometimes one of use would make a game and neither could connect. Sometimes we would make a game and it would not show up on the list of games. This is also the first time I have ever seen a screen saying it was connecting to server and it could take up to a minute. Before the patch you connect pretty much instantaneously.

Also just as a side note since this is my first post.... Great game! Thanks for all the effort!!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

I'll look to see if I changed anything related lately.
Patreon
Old 11-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Hmm, I don't remember anything that was server related that changed in the last couple patches.
One of the changes listed for 1.010 was "Changed protocol number". Is that related to networking stuff?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
One of the changes listed for 1.010 was "Changed protocol number". Is that related to networking stuff?
Yes it is, but it's just a number that forces people to have the same version because I changed something else that the client and server needs have the same values.
Patreon