Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2010, 12:35 AM
Elite

Default 1.011 cast time change clarification

I see two entries in the patch notes about -% cast time:

-cast time now worth twice as much (Manumitted)
-decreased cast time bonuses from magic modifiers from -0.02 to -0.015

What I observed was that my -60% cast time staff changed to -53% (84% of original), and my -44% cast time gloves changed to -37% (88% of original). If cast time is worth twice as much, I would have expected (feared more like it) that the values on items would be cut in half. They are neither half nor 75% (2nd change).

Shadow, can you clarify what you mean by each of these changes? Does the 2nd change mean a given item value is only 75% as effective as it used to be or something? Before, I discovered (correct me if I'm wrong) that spamming a spell, -% cast time would translate into an identical % DPS increase. Has that changed?
Old 12-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post
I see two entries in the patch notes about -% cast time:

-cast time now worth twice as much (Manumitted)

If cast time is worth twice as much, I would have expected (feared more like it) that the values on items would be cut in half. They are neither half nor 75% (2nd change).
What I meant by that bug report and what Shadow probably changed is the coin value of the Cast Time enchant. It was sitting on the books at an astoundingly low 1 CP per 1%.* I think it could have been raised to 10-25 CP per 1% (or even more) to better reflect its gameplay value, but as with armor, large abrupt changes are probably bad for game balance.

*Meanwhile, the useless Durability enchant could hike an item's price 33% or more.** That one has evidently been reduced in the patch.
**This was particularly annoying when all such items spawn with gimped present Durability far below their max. So long, resale value if you're going to sell the item. Hello, spending several SP to fix it if you're going to use the item.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:56 AM
Elite

Ok, so in other words the patch note should be changed to read "cast time now worth twice as much [money]" so it's not confused with itemization value.

"decreased cast time bonuses from magic modifiers from -0.02 to -0.015" I suppose this is the change which (only) serves to reduce the value shown on items, though I'm still confused because the new values on my items are more than 75% of what they used to be. I take it the formula hasn't changed, and cast time still translates directly into DPS while spamming?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, the 1st one is just about money cost. The 2nd one lowers the bonus a bit.
Patreon