Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Legend

Default Idea-Exploring New Planets

I was playing the game in which i got lost in a black hole and had to get out, when an idea came to me. I was thinking of the fact that there really isn't much of a point in finding unexplored planets. Would it be possible shadow, if you could gain a small amount of experience for each new planet you discover. This would be neat for treasure seekers and at the same time be fun for people that get lost and just want to explore.

Im not sure if this is in the game yet, but if you could get quests where you have to explore so many planets so that the faction could use that to get new planets. Just an idea.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Expert

I had already thought about that. I agree with you.
Although you do get some components, once in a while, when you explore them.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Champion

In a sector that isn't developed, finding planets is worthwhile as you can trade knowledge of them to the other races for relationship bonuses. If you explore a gas giant, which can't be colonized, then you can't trade it as the races do not colonize those.

In a more developed sector (based on your personal choice during sector setup), it seems like all of the planets except gas giants are already explored. The only reason to explore those is the same as exploring an anomaly or space junk. They are a treasure chest essentially. Perhaps gas giants should be "mined" for gas or something. I don't know why else they exist, really.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:11 AM
Expert

Planets should have been used as 1 level "dungeons" that could be explored with the escape pod, obviously named something else.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuberski View Post
Planets should have been used as 1 level "dungeons" that could be explored with the escape pod, obviously named something else.

That would really be awesome.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Elite

Exploring planets could yield all manner of interesting things, rather than just components or experience.
Powerful precursor technology, a forgotten colony that might want to re-join their race's space empire, dormant malevolent lifeforms (essentially boss monsters),
a long lost religious artifact that gives a relation boost with the race it originally belonged to, information on a distant system the player has yet to explore... the list goes on.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Champion

Personally, I think the Fringe should be able to inhabit Gas Giants. After all, they're incorporeal, aren't they? Heck, it could even be their homeplanet type
Old 07-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox View Post
Personally, I think the Fringe should be able to inhabit Gas Giants. After all, they're incorporeal, aren't they? Heck, it could even be their homeplanet type
I like that
Old 07-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine Fox View Post
Or they might even prefer a more energetic place ...like a star! I bet that would make destroying their homeplanet pretty difficult.