Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2016, 08:13 AM
Amateur

Question A few quiestions about Zombasite

Hello, I am sorry for my language, I am a foreigner.

I like previous games from Soldak, but I haven't played in Zombasite yet. I have a few questions about Zombasite:
1. When does the game will be released?
2. I've noticed that on this site Zombasite is selling for each platform separatly. For an instance: I have to buy linux version if I want to play on linux, and then I have to buy Windows version is I want to play on Windows? Or I was mistaken?
3. Does the developers planning to make DLC's to the game?

I glad to hearing from you.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

1) We are getting pretty close to the final release. I'm pretty bad at estimating release dates, so let's just say it should be this summer.
2) When ordering from us it does make you choose which one, but you get access to all three so you don't need to buy multiple copies just to play on a different platform.
3) I'm not sure yet if we will do an expansion pack for Zombasite.
Patreon
Old 07-11-2016, 04:52 AM
Amateur

Hello again,

I wanted to ask a few more questions:
1. Will the game be released on GOG? I'd like to purchase games directly from developers, but such services as GOG or Steam have regional prices and different payment opptions.
2. What service developers prefer to use - GOG or Steam? I haven't decided yet where to buy the game.
3. I always wanted to try to make games, but I don't kow where to start. Sometimes I wanted to learn C++, but not sure.
The site says that main developer used to work in Ritual Entertainment as a technical director.
Any advices how to start from scratch?
Old 07-11-2016, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

1) I haven't talked to the GoG people yet about Zombasite, but I'm pretty sure that we will get on there somewhere near release.

2) I try not to have preferences. All I will say is that both Steam and GoG have treated us well.

3) I'm not sure where I would start if I wanted to make a game from scratch and had no experience. In general, start with much smaller projects first. Use an engine that will work for your project like Unity or Unreal. I do use C++ for everything. It's a very powerful language, works on just about any platform, most games and engines uses it, but it's not the most friendly language to new learners.
Patreon