Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Expert

Default Expansion Wishlist

I figured it would be nice to have a wishlist thread so folks could add their two cents on features they'd like to see added in future patches or possible expansions, so without further adieu, a few of my own..

* Ranged weapons
* Additional character classes
* 'Summon' related spells
* Ability to feed potions/food to party members

Anyone else?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

I am hoping we can do the first 3 suggestions eventually.

You can actually feed potions, food, drinks to your party members (and some neutral NPCs) right now. You can either pick up one of these items from your inventory and then click on the NPC or you can use the hotkeys for your party. The default is F1 to F5 will give that corresponding party member some food and F6 to F10 will give the corresponding party member a health potion.
Patreon
Old 08-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Expert

Huzzah! Well there you go then. Thanks for the info!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Elite

Multiplayer and more races are the first things that come to mind. I like Ross's idea of adding a small dungeon where the lifestone is kept, and the player can buy traps to line the tunnels.

Hmmm... more classes, gender for all... new areas, new monsters. I think this is going to be a long thread.

Delilah Rehm
Old 08-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Amateur

I just like to be able to zoom way out and not have poping
Old 08-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Amateur

-Crafting
-Fishing (but animal crossing-like; and not wow-like, plz )
-a Respec Quest
-a pet Class
-something useful for Rogue offhand (or did i miss something?)
Old 08-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Amateur

When I think of this game and new possible features, I think of

*D2
*Shadowbane
*Civilization
*Dungeon Siege

So what I'm considering would be:
*An option(?) to spread out the covenants a little more with more main towns or just covenants further apart (to keep them from running into each other so soon. This could be another layer to the strategic component. While worrying about covenants in the same town, you may also have to worry about intra-town relationships. A covenant in your town may upset other covenants, which may make covenants want the deviant covenant in the same town to quit causing grief, via diplomacy or force.
*Some kind of money sink. I know we already have a crystal sink, but a real cash sink to keep the covenant alive. I don't know if the barbarians are in it for cash or totally committed once joined, but perhaps some way for the covenant to break down if this sink is not maintained.
*A resource subsystem that provides additional resources to sustain the covenant (I don't know, food and or cash, or some other XYZ resource).
*Resources can be obtained in farms at town or
*Nodes "in the field" that need to be staffed and defended. Some incentive to protect these nodes (a steady supply of resource? a buffer for intra-town combat?).
*The resource part of the game can be mostly automated or player involved. Sometimes when you play, you don't want to always go out and kill. Sometimes you want to just relax at home, clean house, farm, or otherwise provide some benefit to the covenant or character(s) without going out and hunting.
*More people in the party/covenant
*As with the intra-covenant Diplomacy, something similar, but the factions are gods and have a disposition among each other as well as each guild. Quests or some other way to increase/decrease relationship with gods. If you make happy or piss off a god enough your covenant could be attacked in town or in the field through the god's minions. Some quests make one god happy and piss another off, so player has to make a choice. New abilities or curses based on levels of god disposition?
*If a covenant is defeated, it has the option to "swear fealty" to the victor. Perhaps you donate a portion of xp or resources per unit time. This gives the swearer an opportunity to regroup and "break free" of fealty. Something like this makes the vs covenant part last a little longer.
*Covenant member disposition
*More quests for covenant members even after they joined
*Item degradation and sink to repair
*A way to cast spells from a distance? (Sorry not enough experience with Mage yet, but it seems I have to physically attack to cast, or at least be really close)
*Multiplayer (but low priority on this)

Anyways. That's all I can think of right now. Sorry if it's way out of scope.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirium View Post
-something useful for Rogue offhand (or did i miss something?)
No you haven't missed anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waargh View Post
*A way to cast spells from a distance? (Sorry not enough experience with Mage yet, but it seems I have to physically attack to cast, or at least be really close)
You can do this. Just right click on them. This will simply select them and won't move or attack.
Patreon
Old 08-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Amateur

Different shield types and shield skills would be cool, eventually.

Small for Warrior, Rogue and Priest.
Medium for Warrior and Priest.
Large for Warrior.
Focus Stone for Mage and Priest.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:59 AM
Amateur

Ah, now I did finally see that Player Character Mages Rogues are able to wear Capes; and Warriors and Priests Shield, but what about the Henchmen?

They get only three slots. Weapon, Chest Armor and Shield.

Sorry for my Confusion.^^