Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Invasion of the Ancients
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 04:14 AM
Expert

Default race diplomacy

Hi all.

I have a little Point that i really dont like in this game. Dont know if its only my problem but near 99% of my games the only 2 forces that make diplomacy possible, are the dryad's and me. I sadly never see other races use the diplomacy or forging allies, sure the monster's shoot down the diplomate ships often but how i say im nearly never see other races than dryads allied with some other races. And if i see some allie's one side are the dryads.

I know the most players like shooting more and i like shooting too but for me its somewhat sad that it looks like the races always hate the others.

I would like to see more diplomacy between the races and maybe an race that is under attack from a stronger opponent they ask other races for help.

Only an idea.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Elite

The Dryads, Talon, and Mutants will actively build alliances, but left to their own devices, most races will indeed eventually come to blows. In my experience, the Scavengers, the Humans, and the Shadow also are pretty good at not starting trouble they cannot finish - they will eventually try to genocide everyone, sure, but not until they have the upper hand, which often means that they maintain a good relationship with others for a long time.

There is one exception to the above - when two races have a common, relatively strong enemy, and when they are both actively engaging it, their relations will steadily rise, and an alliance is very likely. Even unlikely pairs like the Brunt and the Fringe will work together, as long as there is a common enemy. The alliance will, of course, fall apart as soon as they finish off their target.

The wise Drox Operative exploits this to his profit. Remember, a peaceful sector is not a lucrative one. The best sector is one that you clear of Monsters and Ancients, and leave with every other race alive, dirt poor, and at war with everyone else.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Expert

Ok that the races like to be the only survior is clear for me but in my games it's not a question about 30 minutes - 1 hour. It needs often only 10 - 20 minutes after the "first contact" the races meet and the attack each other. I only say the idea because for me the time feels a bit short?
Old 11-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Elite

I actually would not mind if the races were a bit less rabid, so I agree with you, in general. I would especially like to see weak races banding together more often. They do that even now, but very seldom, as a result of some Karma events.

But I am also saying that there is a lot going on behind the scenes, and you may be missing something.

Are you, for example, aware that some races are very jealous, and when they see you completing a quest for another race, they start hating the other race? Thus, by solving quests for two jealous races, you may be keeping both races moderately happy with you, because defending their assets and cashing the quests cancels the jealousy. At the same time, you may be driving them to war because each hates the other more whenever you accomplish something for them.

You see, for the last few weeks, I have been focusing on one thing: making as much money as possible by manipulating races into war, as quickly as possible, without drawing them into poverty, and while keeping good relations with them, so that I can get bribed into attacking them. It's possible to do so without expensive rumors, and gather a sizable fraction of a billion credits while playing the middle. It is not possible to keep everyone at peace with everyone else, but it is perfectly possible to keep a set of races happy with each other, as long as you provide them with a common enemy. The Ancients and Monster races are great for that.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 11-04-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:52 AM
Expert

They get jealous? ... Ok i think i know why my races start war's so fast. I do many many quest because it's my best way to get money.

Hm i think i have to learn more about manipulating and moneymaking with races and war.