Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Expert

Default 6 man wipe!?

Hey all, just thought I'd share a tale of failure. Because everybody knows that Tragedy + Time = Comedy.

For those of you who don't know, I've changed up my game in two ways. First off, max party size is 6 for me, not two. Second, my vitality priest also has lesser heal and uses it well enough that my characters haven't had to eat food in the last two days or so of playing them.

So, the last thing I thought would -ever- happen is a party wipe. Twice no less!

I'm playing my Lvl 31 rogue. I've got my entire covenant with me, ranging from lvl 28 to lvl 31. I'm playing on Champion (I think) difficulty. I get a quest to kill random mob at X grid. So I go there, find him, drop a portal, and start the fight.

I scouted a bit, took out some trash beforehand, etc. His name is Shred, he's one of them kodiak beasties. He's a lvl 30 unique with about 3700ish health, 50-100% cold damage, 100-200% fire damage, and 20% lifesteal. Doesn't look too hard. About 15 seconds into the fight, I suddenly notice everyone is dead and I've got a fire debuff to the tune of 21 DPS for 20 seconds. I escape, being the brave rogue that I am, and kill him on return. But still, he wasted all five of my buddies before I even realized we'd lost anyone. I just can't believe there were six of us and he was about our level. Then poof. Wipeout!

The second wipe took place on Shankar. We're still all the same level as we were when we fought Shred. Shankar was about lvl 40 when I took this quest, 10 higher than us. Not much to this one. I took out some trash, lost 4 out of 6 of our guys, escaped, and came back to finish the job.

I'm just thinking about the random difficulty of the game. Usually, it's pretty gravy, and tasty too. Then sometimes, bam. Soulstone run. =D
Old 06-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Elite

you know, when i first saw the topic, i thought you were refering to the sort of thing mentioned in my sig.
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?
Old 06-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Expert

My apologies for misleading you. >.>
Old 07-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Amateur

Default How?

Is the 6 person party a mod? How do you do that? It sounds like a blast. I rarely raid other covs because I find it more fun to work on quests and beat up monsters. Downside is that I don't get to interact with most of my party except to get the buffs from my priests. I would love to know how to get my entire cov to follow me and wreak some major havoc out in the world!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Expert

Yes, it's a mod. A really easy one too and it made the game wildly fun for about 10 levels straight. So, very fun =D

http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777

Post #3, from the top. It's got a zip file that you just drop into a game folder.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

I don't think anyone has done a downloadable mod for this yet, so I put one together and added it to our mod page. It's the Max Party Mod.
Patreon
Old 07-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Elite

i wiped a lot fighting this one group of uniques. one of them spat a frost nova when stabbed. naturally, my recruits swarmed him right off the bat.
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?
Old 07-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I don't think anyone has done a downloadable mod for this yet, so I put one together and added it to our mod page. It's the Max Party Mod.
I attached a mod file to one of the posts in the thread he linked to.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

I'm losing track of the mods that are getting posted. Delve did indeed make a full party mod already.
Patreon