Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Default Drox beta patch 1.012

Beta Patch 1.012 of Drox Operative is available over on the Drox Operative patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch fixes some diplomacy loopholes, balances things better, and fixes a ton of smaller things.
Patreon
Old 06-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Champion

Lots of changes! Will be interesting to see how all the diplomacy changes affect the game play.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Legend

Wow lots of cool changes! One suggestion: I noticed the change regarding races' memory of treaties lasting 20 minutes. Rather than just remembering for 20 minutes and then suddenly forgetting about them, how about they have a linearly decreasing reaction, so that they gradually forget about them over 40 minutes or so?

Another idea is to have some race trait (loyalty?) cause this memory to last much longer for some races, so that there are some races you won't want to double cross.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
Wow lots of cool changes! One suggestion: I noticed the change regarding races' memory of treaties lasting 20 minutes. Rather than just remembering for 20 minutes and then suddenly forgetting about them, how about they have a linearly decreasing reaction, so that they gradually forget about them over 40 minutes or so?

Another idea is to have some race trait (loyalty?) cause this memory to last much longer for some races, so that there are some races you won't want to double cross.
I agree with this part, & can't help but to figure that the Utopians & the Cortex fit this quite nicely already... after all, don't those two have a Trait directly dedicated to this?

"now if a race controls a planet, the planet always has at least 1 max health" I'm not sure I understand what this means.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post

That first part makes a lot of sense, but would be hard to get across to the player. It's simpler to leave it as a on/off type of thing especially since these show up in the treaties screen.

Some of the races probably would expect you to keep your word longer (or less).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrax Lightning View Post
"now if a race controls a planet, the planet always has at least 1 max health" I'm not sure I understand what this means.
That's really just a backup way to fix Talon taking over Fringe gas planets and that world becoming indestructible.
Patreon
Old 06-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Expert

Nice Job Mr.Shadow and Co
Old 06-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Elite

Status Report: Using Components ya don't meet the BST Requirements for is successfully no longer worth it as evidenced by my Utopian's Engine constantly getting broken & leaving me down to like 5-8 Thrust & getting me chain killed over & over & over & over & over until I Rage Quit so hard that I deleted most of my Characters in rage... now in this morning after i've cooled down from that, I now regret this...

Well, I guess it was warranted to delete my Utopian... he had become completely unplayable broken gimp. :'( Yellow Slot Stat Boosting Components, & non Racial Slot Crewmembers are now completely broken gimp & very very worthless...

On a related note: How the hell are we ever gonna have enough Stat Power to ever be able to equip good enough Components anymore? Can we have 15 Crew Points a Level Up now next patch?

Last edited by Tyrax Lightning : 06-21-2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Typo Fixes.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Elite

Tyrax, why do you think it is unplayable?

I have been playing with the new patch, and all of my ships have native 5s in Structure/Helm/Computers. I do not see much difference at all.

As far as I can tell, the hit points from shields and armor do not take double damage, it's only the components themselves that do, that is, only if your shields/armor is gone.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
Tyrax, why do you think it is unplayable?

I have been playing with the new patch, and all of my ships have native 5s in Structure/Helm/Computers. I do not see much difference at all.

As far as I can tell, the hit points from shields and armor do not take double damage, it's only the components themselves that do, that is, only if your shields/armor is gone.
The combo of no available Computer Based AOE Weapons to handle large numbers of foes & those large numbers of foes breaking the hell outta my Components damn fast was making me hopelessly weak & stupidly easy for large swarms of foes to destroy, & not just destroy, but also cripple so that I could be stupidly easy to chain kill.

My Utopian was using Yellow Slot Stat Components & Crew to use large amounts of components that I didn't have the Base Stats for, including a 150 Helm Stat requiring Engine while my Base Helm Stat was like 30ish... my Components were breaking insanely fast & easily from multiple attacks from multiple ships even while my Healing Consumables were in effect trying to stave off the damage, then I would get badly crippled, especially if my Engine got broke, leaving me down to 5-8 Thrust. My Utopian had max 250 Command for the Heavy Flagship. (I use the 8 Crew Points per Level Mod & the Balanced Command Mod.)

How the freaking hell is ANYONE ever supposed to be strong now if they're still playing full vanilla? 495 Crew Points at level 100 trying to handle 5 Stats that cap at 250 & the Command Stat that caps at 460 is supposed to EVER enable strong enough Component Usage & enough Component Slots, how..?

Am I a total retard...? :'(

Last edited by Tyrax Lightning : 06-22-2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Tweaked Post.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Elite

Well, clearly you are not a total retard. Those do not question themselves, nor do they learn anything. But I think you are set in a particular way of playing, because I assure you, it is perfectly possible to play vanilla hardcore, at sectors ten levels above yours, and feel pretty kick ass.

A couple of points you may want to consider:

1. Components do not take damage until your shields and armor are gone. If you are playing hardcore, you don't care about broken components anyway, you're dead. If you are NOT playing hardcore, you may want to shift components from structure to armor/shields, and forget about the stupid regeneration boosters. Those have always been suboptimal, and are even more so right now. Stack heavy armor, and consider the components that multiply your max shields.

2. Invest in Tactics. I mean, this is the only stat that is NOT optional. The best defense can be a good offense. A shockwave on a ship with high Tactics guarantees that no missile will catch up with you. A pulsar or a storm centered on your ship can also take care of missiles for as long as it lasts. Missile defense is also pretty nice, and automated, so you do not have to mind it, although it can be overwhelmed.

3. Defense is awesome. Forget boosting it with Helm or Computer skill bonuses. Those pale compared to bonuses from components. Stack basic computers if you care about accuracy, or go for pure defense components if you do not. When the enemy attacks fizzle 90% of the time, EVEN when they actually reach you, fights are easy.

4. Resistances are NOT useless, despite this being the common wisdom around here. You cannot cover all resistances, but note which damage usually gets you, and stack two resistance components that focus on that particular type. For me it's thermal or explosives. Usually thermal.

5. If you feel weak, pick your fights. You do not have to fight everything that is hostile, and you can drag crowds chasing you to strong race planets. Especially races that you want weakened. If you do it to races that you want strong, stock up on nanites, and boost the planet's defenders' shield/armor repair.