Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Amateur

My "explore planet" quests are buggy. I get a "quest completed" when I scan the planet and it shows up under completed quests in the relation screen but there's no confirm button, only cancel. Going to home planet of species doesn't help. Saving/exiting and returning doesn't help.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:57 AM
Amateur

I have had a quest not get completed, though I completed too, not sure which type of quest it was though...

I started a new game and ran into an interesting situation, dryad is "supposedly" extinct, however I kept seeing diplomat/cruise ships and eventually found a planet that belonged to dryad, the only thing I can think of is that they got wiped out, but had a colony ship in bound to a planet, so they got extinct temporarily, but the colony ship once it colonized the planet kept them going, however the game screen shows them as extinct, though I'm staring at a planet with dryad on it...
Old 07-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Expert

The win conditions have probably been the best patch I've seen so far for this game. It really gives people options and goals as to how they wish to play and can appeal to a much wider amount of gamers.

Edit: Also, I like the new font fine, looks better to me.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotan View Post
Edit: Also, I like the new font fine, looks better to me.
Damn. Now what do I do...
Old 07-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudocracyNow View Post
My "explore planet" quests are buggy. I get a "quest completed" when I scan the planet and it shows up under completed quests in the relation screen but there's no confirm button, only cancel. Going to home planet of species doesn't help. Saving/exiting and returning doesn't help.
Yes, had the same thing happen yesterday. I saved the game and sent it to Shadow. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Elite

Not sure if this is an important bug or not, but it was interesting in any case. (=

I had a sector that I won via Military Win (allies with Humans). As I was finishing up the open quests for experience before moving on, a monster destroyed a Human planet and Talon took control of it. They showed up on the relations screen like normal, etc.

They declared war on me, so I went and destroyed them and was not awarded a second win.

If this happens again I'll try to ally with them for a Diplomatic Win to see if I get a second reward chest. (=

A few repeats that I've encountered in .908:
- Can't turn in solved quest (I have a save if it's useful)
- Ship components showing up in the "Essential Components" row
- Finding Artifacts on a planet does not display the message in the middle of the screen, but other finds do (shipwrecks, ruins)

Suggestion: Change the term "Win" to "Victory"; Diplomatic Victory, Military Victory, etc. *shrug*
Old 07-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Expert

Not a bug, but unfortunate:

I was called away by a family "emergency" while playing. I didn't think to pause the game. I assumed that my ship would be exploded when I got back and I was willing to accept that. But! I play with toggle-throttle and left the game with throttle on, apparently.

When I came back ~25 minutes later, I saw black. I had flown beyond the reach of the bottom background layer. I opened up the sector map to see where I was and scrolled as far as the bars would allow. I was nowhere. I saved-and-quit, thinking that might reset me to somewhere inside the sector. No dice. So I set a waypoint for the sector and aimed in its general direction.

The way out wasn't tedious because I wasn't there to watch it. The way in was tedious because I had to keep an eye on nothingness for 20+ minutes to make sure I didn't fly across the sector and have to perform the exercise twice.

Don't get me wrong: I like the breathing room the out-of-sector space gives to combat. I'm just thinking there might be a little too much of it at present.

(I should note that this happened under 0.906 or 0.907. I don't remember reading anything in the changelog about it and I'm not particularly dying to test it again. If you've already addressed it, please disregard this post.)

Last edited by incognoscente : 07-14-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognoscente View Post
*story of awesomeness*
Hahahaha! That was win! But yeah, there should probably be some kind of "outer boundary" to prevent stuff like this from happening. Something that just made your ship "warp back" closer to the border if you kept going. That way, it would never be a long way to turn around and go back.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Expert

Bug: When I'm trying to spread a Rumor via a Shadow planet, I get the message, that I'm too far away from an Utopian planet and vice versa. Spreading rumors via the relationship menu works just fine.

Issue: In longer games, when the empires have lots of ships, I experience slowdowns, sometimes even major ones. I suggest capping their ships somehow.
How does the current system work? I guess, that they buy ships, when they can afford it. How about an upkeep rate for existent ships, then? Would maybe also prohibit planets with millions on their backs later on.

Issue: sometimes I don't get quests in later games, especially when I'm playing with only two or three races left, when the sector gets peaceful because of them being allied or at least not at war. The planets still have millions of credits. I'm always wondering why there is that toxic planet, which could afford a terraforming pretty easily, but doesn't request a quest for it.

My point with the last two is mainly, that I get the feeling that planets don't have much to do with their money ...
Old 07-16-2012, 03:32 AM
Expert

Possible bug or misfeature:

A race was offering a 'spread propaganda on planet Blah' quest. For a change, I wasn't at war with the owner of planet 'Blah'.

I spread propaganda without having the quest accepted, thinking that I probably would get credit, anyway, just as with so many other quests. The operation was successful, the planet went into unrest, yet I didn't get credit. So then I accepted the quest and tried the propaganda trick again. The next five attempts all failed to accomplish anything.

I don't know, if there is any point to trying the propaganda operation on planets whch are already in unrest. I usually do not have the cash to blow on testing this out more seriously, five tries isn't much after all (it is connected to my game performance issues. I cannot or just don't want to play any operative beyond the first sector where there's not too much money in play).

Anyway, I think there are several problematical points:
  • First, my expectation that I'd get credit without accepting the quest was dissapointed.
  • Then, depending on whether there's any point to it, it probably shouldn't let you do the propaganda operation on a planet in unrest, or give a modified message on failure which carries a hint that further effects may be harder to attain.
  • If propaganda can't do anything beyond raising the initial unrest, the quest should vanish (or fail, if the player has accepted it), once the target planet succumbs to propaganda.