Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by (name here) View Post
For some reason, I've frequently ended up with all three machine types completed in each town. Generally, I destroy at least one before the third is finished, but it's still odd.
I've had all three in one town, broke one as ordered, gone off to find the others and had the first one reappear furthur down! Grrrr..
Old 11-22-2010, 04:23 AM
Expert

Default Wtf.....

"Ok It is Either too much drugs in school, or not enough right now"

but , Did anyone else have trouble Following : vijudhaliya's : statement ?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

vijudhaliya's post was spam, that's why it didn't make much sense. It's deleted now though.
Patreon
Old 12-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Elite

I just had something strange happen. I had saved my first town. Opened chest and got reward, but I had several levels of the dungeon I hadn't explored and also wanted to go up a level more so I could use some special armor. Did the levels and came back up and went to the wall and touched the crown symbol. Got the message about what a good gal I was, blah, blah and the usual message about create another town. clicked on that and a new town loaded in BUT It came up with "You saved the town...get stuff out of your chest.." !! Wow, I must have landed on a bad guy or something. However, when I opened the chest loot fell out but I couldn't pick it up! All of the people, steward, etc. still had long lists of quests to be done! I tried to screen capture it and the error messages I got but forgot that I was on my laptop and that takes different keys that my normal computer. I had to force quit from the side bar as the music kept playing in the back ground but game stuff had disappeared! Reloaded, got 2 of the items from chest that had been left on the ground and quest messages still there. I have a big suspician this is a bug. Never had this happen on my regular computer (Mac). I think I will continue to play and see what happens.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Expert

it's not so much crazy, as just the first monster that I've come across that has proven to be a danger for my WM/Pally hybrid. I'm level 20 now, no deaths, though I came very close this morning, when a Guardian named The Watcher (red to me) spawned at the entrance to level 3 of my dungeon, and with 1 hit took me to less than 25% health.

I ran. I ran so far a-wayyy. Now I am torn. Head in, and slowly beat him down at the expense of my life, my silver (for repairs), and my record of 20 levels with no deaths? Or do I just abandon the town, and let those suckers fend for themselves?

I love the WM/Pally combo, especially with his Artifacts and set items. I even found a legend (wait for it) ary bracer for my mage, and a killer artifact staff as well with him.

*edit* Well, I dove in, and killed the Watcher...then a few minutes later, was killed by an earthquake and falling rubble. Oh well

Last edited by caldazar : 12-02-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:13 AM
Elite

Here's another giant. I tried to get a screenshot from the front, but I couldn't pass him in the hallway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss0002a.jpg (91.8 KB, 49 views)
Old 12-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Legend

Wow.....that guy seems very friendly

This is not really crazy but one of the things I just noticed is that ice prison for the cold mage is one of the best skills in the game. I am playing as a ice mage/fighting hybrid with a melee attack, ice prison, and arctic blast and even though my character isnt a tank-he can still pull it off against the best of them.

I was just fighting a creeping brood of equal level that is a major berserker, major lightning enhanced, and double stamina drain, who happens to be a legend. Amazingly i fought him off through ranged attacks, melee, and most importantly ice prison. With ice prison, i can get away when i want and heal up and get back in the fight. It's a lot of fun. The cool part was i managed to kill him without dying even though while i was running away rogue creeping broods decided to sneak attack me at once.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:19 PM
Expert

Default Shortest, Most Weirdest Game Yet

So, my Level 20 Hunter/Ice Mage finally loses a town... right when Din gave me the freedom quest. I start a new town annnnd...

Everyone is petrified except the Apothecary. He has a list of quests starting on dungeon level 3 to gather items to un-petrify everyone. Din has the freedom quest on dungeon level 6.

So, I head on down to dungeon level 1. As soon as I'm down the stairs I'm in a room with a closed door... that starts shattering and sparking: something's already breaking in. A giant legendary unique with some hellish name. A demon of some sort. It takes me over 5 minutes to kill this guy. He's got some sort of life-giving per hit weapon! I could only/barely defeat him by Ice Storm, Frost Nova, Frost Nova, etc. until my mana ran out; mana potion, repeat. All the while plinking him with my bow. Anyway, it worked. Longest battle ever.

I head-out into the dungeon to try and find my way down and have to fight through Elite after Elite, most of them Skinwalkers. Piles of Dead Bodies everywhere. Every area is chock full of Armor and Weapon stands (that don't drop much useful), and Large Treasure and Money Chests. And 4 or 5 Dead Bodies.

All of sudden the town is under attack so I race back to the stairs and... Din tells me I failed as soon as I reach town. All the NPCs had exclamation points (I must've inadvertently solved some quests their petrified selves couldn't tell me) but apparently a monster killed the Apothecary. And that was it.

Demon Wars is killing me.

Last edited by EternalChampion : 12-31-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Specifying character level
Old 12-31-2010, 11:16 PM
Expert

Even though this is with a new character, etc. I'm still getting massive "Dead Body" dumps. Check-out the attachment...

Patch 1.011 and Demon Wars.... and I probably check at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the bodies already before I thought to document it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bodies.jpg (18.7 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by EternalChampion : 12-31-2010 at 11:18 PM. Reason: more 'Splainin'
Old 01-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Champion

Got a crazy one for my first Demon Hunter game in the Demon Wars beta. TONS of townspeople doing bad stuff. Got at least 5 different ones! One was banished, one had to be killed by me because everyone hated him and fighting messages kept spamming my screen, one died of repetitive battles with another traitor. I also fought a HUGE silt amorph and got TONS of gold vein quests!

Total: 80 quests solved and 6 dead NPCs.