Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Amateur

Question Can you arm town NPCs? [ANSWERED] W/Demon War!

Somewhere I thought I remembered reading that you could do this, but a search has pulled up no useful information. I just tried giving a sword to my town Warmaster and he threw it back at my feet.

I just started playing DC yesterday and it has quickly replaced Torchlight as my favorite dungeon crawler. But it isn't all sunshine and roses. Last night, my first town got laid to waste before I could get back up to save it, and already my second town has suffered a couple of nasty incursions. It would help if I could view townspeople's gear, and offer them better armor and weapons to use while I'm away.

Last edited by Hannes-Erich : 11-16-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Elite

In the regular game I don't think you can. My laptop was borrowed by my son so I can't check at the moment.

However, if you have Demon War add-on to your game, then yes you can. Click on Warmaster and choose to look at his equipment[click] (left side of his listings). There will be a box under his equipment (4 objects) that says 'donate' (I think). Take item from your inventory and drop it in the box. He takes what he likes to wear and passes on the lesser items to his friends. The money for the item goes into a town lottery and every once in a while you'll get notice that so and so won the latest lottery. You probably won't have to feed him or her for a while.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Amateur

Correct, thank you (and happy 200th post)! I picked the Demon War expansion up along with DC yesterday, but I didn't install it because I wanted to see what the major differences/improvements are. Well I just installed it, and voila, the NPC gave me the additional options you mentioned. There is also an option to donate money. And an option to start a fight!

Through experimentation, I also discovered I can directly replace any item they're wearing with any item I've got (instead of dropping something in the donation box). But NPCs aren't dumb, and they won't accept anything that's not an improvement over what they're wearing. (If one is feeling roguish, one can also try looting items, apparently.) Unfortunately, there isn't a slot that I can use to directly replace whatever weapon or shield they're using. That would have been useful!

On a side note, Demon War comes with some other improvements that I noticed right off the bat, including a hefty list of collectible achievements!

Last edited by Hannes-Erich : 11-16-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes-Erich View Post
Correct, thank you (and happy 200th post)! I picked the Demon War expansion up along with DC yesterday, but I didn't install it because I wanted to see what the major differences/improvements are.
Oh! I didn't notice! Thanks

Quote:
On a side note, Demon War comes with some other improvements that I noticed right off the bat, including a hefty list of collectible achievements!
Yes, lots of nice stuff and some bad too. (bad for characters)