Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Amateur

Unhappy Updating?

Hi,

I'm new to these forums and to the games, I bought Depths of Peril and got Din's Curse from an friend, The question is: I got Din's Curse at version 1.003 and I'd love to play multiplayer. Yet, My version is too low. Could anyone tell me how to update it? Thanks
Old 08-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

In general you just need to download and install the latest patch from the Din's Curse patch page.
Patreon
Old 08-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
In general you just need to download and install the latest patch from the Din's Curse patch page.
Thanks, I didn't knew there we're patches on the site, Thought it was included in the exe. Anyways, Thanks for the quick reply.

EDIT: I end up with another problem, I direct it exactly to where Din's Curse is filed (C:/Program Files/Soldak Entertainment/Din's Curse) And it says Din's Curse isn't filed there, Any ideas? :/

EDIT2: Nevermind, I re-started it and it found it itself

Last edited by Draganoth : 08-16-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draganoth View Post
Thanks, I didn't knew there we're patches on the site, Thought it was included in the exe. Anyways, Thanks for the quick reply.

EDIT: I end up with another problem, I direct it exactly to where Din's Curse is filed (C:/Program Files/Soldak Entertainment/Din's Curse) And it says Din's Curse isn't filed there, Any ideas? :/

EDIT2: Nevermind, I re-started it and it found it itself
...It asked for an license and mine didn't work...
Old 10-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Amateur

Similar problem to the poster above...

I have the Gamersgate version of both Din's Curse and Demon War. If I install just DC, I can only patch up to version 1.010 successfully. Attempting to patch any higher and I get the message, "Din's Curse not installed in that directory...", which is definately not the case. If I try to install DW onto DC, I get told I have a version mismatch, which I assume is because DC is not patched beyond 1.010. However, when I then try to patch any higher I get told, again, that DC is not installed in X directory, when it most certainly is. Please help.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Last edited by Freyland : 10-01-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

When you choose another directory to install to the installer might be tacking on another Din's Curse directory on the end. If it does just backspace the unneeded part.
Patreon
Old 10-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
When you choose another directory to install to the installer might be tacking on another Din's Curse directory on the end. If it does just backspace the unneeded part.
Thank you for responding! While I do recall correcting this when the installer tried that, you have given me something else i want to look at when i go home from work. Sadly, I am not optimistic as I tried as many permutations as I could think of, but will give it a whirl. Will update this PM, EST. Many thanks again for your time.

Jonathan
Old 10-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

BTW, the only thing that check does is look for the file DinsCurse.exe. If a file is there names that it will proceed with the install, if not it will give you that error.
Patreon
Old 10-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Amateur

Hello again,

Well, I got it to work. Strangely, telling it to install in the default directory resulted in the error described above. However, if I "browsed" to the default directory, DC would offer "Din's Curse/Din's Curse" and after deleting the second DC folder, everything worked fine. Thank you again for your time.

Jonathan
Old 10-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Elite

Default Another Update issue - Demon War

Are all Demon War updates included in the Din's Curse patches? I thought there were separate updaters for Demon War, but I can't find them on the site.

Thanks!