Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Legend

I just hope there is some pvp system for the game. It would make an already good game, excellent.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
There's a lot of routes we could do with that. Is everyone in the "player" covenant, each player has their own covenant but it's co-op against the AI, or each player has their own covenant but it's free for all (but they can still make pacts and stuff like that)?
Would you ever consider doing a DoP expansion that added a few of the improvements from Din's? Say, a new class or two (one of which should be a ranger-type), some camera improvements, a more involved NPC system, a few new monsters, etc? It makes sense that asking for a multiplayer expansion is a bit much from a technical standpoint, but the single player experience could be expanded using some of the design insights you've had since you developed DC.

I know a lot of people ask for a DoP sequel someday, but I wonder whether original DoP is still a feasible candidate for an expansion that incorporates some of the great design innovations from Din's.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

A DoP expansion would be cool. Financially I'm not sure how it would do though especially since Steam has been most of out DoP sales lately and who knows if we could get a DoP expansion on there.
Patreon
Old 04-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Legend

Quote:
A DoP expansion would be cool. Financially I'm not sure how it would do though especially since Steam has been most of out DoP sales lately and who knows if we could get a DoP expansion on there.
In that case it might make more sense to go for a DoP Deluxe Edition rather than an expansion. Update everything with DC's improvements, add a few more things like more involved story quests, and re-release DoP. Avoid calling it DoP 2 to lower expectations. At that point you'll have a code-base that's ready for DoP 2 if that's where you want to go next.

How on earth is Steam rejecting DC? What possible reason could they have?
Old 04-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
How on earth is Steam rejecting DC? What possible reason could they have?
I wish I knew, but it's their policy not to give any reasons.
Patreon
Old 04-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Legend

Quote:
I wish I knew, but it's their policy not to give any reasons.
Wow. They're just as bad as Apple, and at least Apple was eventually forced to be more open about their process.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Amateur

Never liked Steam. When I bought Civlization 5, and found out it wanted Steam to install it, I quit the installation, and I sent it back to the store. I absolutely refuse to use Steam. Reason 1: It doesn't let me install games where "I" want them, not where the program wants them. Forget that. 2: Steam, in my opinion, is just bloatware and a waste of space. 3: Their service is crap. They're almost as bad as EA Games.

I say just create DoP2, I don't pay for "expansions", it's just another way for a company to get even more money off of a program that we already bought. And add multiplayer, that would be super fun. I wish DoP1 was multiplayer, too.

I say make all the players can either choose to start their own Covenent, or join one that already exists. I'd say the game be at least 8 people per server, that should be plenty enough. Diablo 1 had only 4 players, but that balanced out pretty well. Though I have to say that DoP isn't quite the same as the original Diablo like it claims on the box (Not saying it's false advertising). There's just some concepts are a little different.

I also think the Shared Stash that's for MP use, should be open for the Covenent to use freely. (I also think that you shouldn't be able to join a new Covenent once you join that world/server unless it's a new world and/or rejoining). I also think that you should have to put in a request to join a Covenent, so that it's leader may let you enter or not.

I noticed in the main menu of DoP that the copyright is 2006. So this game's almost 5 years old now. Has the company been working on a sequel ever since then, or are they even thinking about it?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
I noticed in the main menu of DoP that the copyright is 2006. So this game's almost 5 years old now. Has the company been working on a sequel ever since then, or are they even thinking about it?
We have finished 2 other full games and 2 expansions since DoP. We have not been working on a DoP sequel, although I have written down a lot of ideas for it over the years.
Patreon
Old 05-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Amateur

Oh. Are you talking about Kivi's and Din's? I've tried both, but didn't like them all that much. They were pretty limited.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Amateur

Talking

I would love Depths of Peril Multiplayer. But also with new classes etc ...