Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabyss78 View Post
So do I have to start fro scratch, or can I swap out characters somehow.
You can put some of those weapons you can't use (or any other items) into your shared stash and if you start a new character they can grab those weapons and hopefully use them. The 2 characters won't be in the same world, but they can share items through the shared stash.

You can always go back to an old character by hitting Play instead of Resume btw.
Patreon
Old 09-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
You can put some of those weapons you can't use (or any other items) into your shared stash and if you start a new character they can grab those weapons and hopefully use them. The 2 characters won't be in the same world, but they can share items through the shared stash.

You can always go back to an old character by hitting Play instead of Resume btw.
That's what I've been doing. Putting stuff I can't use or is too weak for my character or might be able to use later into the shared chest. I started out playing a Priest character too but quickly changed to warrior-weapon master. You might want to change and start over, every town is different anyway. Be sure to put food, potions, armor, weapons in the shared chest a low level character can use. It helps a lot to get new character an edge with the shared stuff.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Elite

Quote:
Thanks for your help. That explains a lot.

So do I have to start fro scratch, or can I swap out characters somehow.

I am getting CRUSHED on level six by all of those big Torvas (???) and fire guys.

Thanks again!
Also, to see what weapons each character type can use, you can go to this link: http://www.stephenhornback.com/id85.html and if the chart doesn't help you, there's a list that follows this. At the bottom of that screen there's a Back to Din's Curse Help that you can click on. There's a walkthrough and a lot of other useful information there.

Remember that when you're attacking, you can just hold down the number "1" button on your keyboard while holding your mouse over whatever you want to attack.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Amateur

Default Thanks and.... more comments/questions

Thanks for all thre replies.

I did wind up starting a warrior and a new world (Carnivorous Caverns) , which worked much better for me. I got a much better feel for the game and was able to easily upgrade. I wound up at Level 5 and found an unknown gate which sent me first to a much later level where I was promptly crushed. I found it again (deliberately) and found world lost and had to create a new one and start from scratch. Lesson learned, I suppose--unkown gates are risky business... Now I have worked back up to six and upgraded my strength, etc as I go. Like I said, I think I am getting a better feel.

It's especially fun to go through the bestiary and check out the monster profiles and how many I've offed.

Question about the ice bombs and like items. I don't seem to be using them correctly. I first opened up my inventory and wound up using them before I closed it. So I thought I'd be clever and put them in my skills slots at the bottom. This worked, but I seemed to fire all four I put there at once somehow, and didn't really see what happened. Can anyone help me on using them properly.

Also, they are burned out and stuck in my skills slots. I have tried to delete (key) as instructed, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks again,

Jim
Old 09-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Legend

Default 4 Mage Characters to Choose

Ive been through numerous characters all of which were melee and none of which were ranged or magic. I would like to make a good melee character that uses a few magic spells as a way of destroying the little guys thus making the big guys go toe to toe with me.

I am naturally a fan of the rogue subclasses because i like their sneaky nature. I am looking to see if any of these magic subclasses would go with an assassin build. Here are the ones that i have drawn up:

1) Assassin/Sorcerer-This one would be great for the shockwave which i tried a little. Shockwave would get rid of all the little guys stunning some as well. I am not so sure how this will work on defense since this build will just get a .5 defense.

2)Assassin/Icemage-Another pretty good one. With the synergy of charged strike and ice mastery, along with ice armor and iceprison for defense, might not be a bad idea. Again there is almost no defense with this build as well.

3)Assassin/shaman-This one is kind of like meh. Dont get me wrong the endurance blessing with an assassin is cool, but im not sure how powerful holyfire will be down the line. Luckily for this one the defense is offset by the mass amount of life i will have.

4)Assassin/Warlock-This last one would be a distracting character due to summons and lethal blow. Basically i would use a fury/demon mastery and a few curses mixed with lethal blow. The thing is this build might be good. I played around with curses a little and they were ok, but the fury i heard is really good and can hold its own. With a few of them, i can hold the front and fight as well.

If anyone has used any of these and or knows a good way to offset the low defense problem, I'll take any advice. I've never really used a mage character in dins curse and all im looking for is the ability to take out all the little guys with a few spells and then mop up the boss through melee.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Question about the ice bombs and like items. I don't seem to be using them correctly. I first opened up my inventory and wound up using them before I closed it. So I thought I'd be clever and put them in my skills slots at the bottom. This worked, but I seemed to fire all four I put there at once somehow, and didn't really see what happened. Can anyone help me on using them properly.

Also, they are burned out and stuck in my skills slots. I have tried to delete (key) as instructed, but it doesn't seem to work.
To use ice bombs: right click to use and then left click somewhere on the map to specify where to throw them.

If your Mac is like mine, you have 2 keys that say delete on them (which is still weird to me). The game is expecting you to use the non-backspace one.
Patreon
Old 09-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post

1) Assassin/Sorcerer-This one would be great for the shockwave which i tried a little. Shockwave would get rid of all the little guys stunning some as well. I am not so sure how this will work on defense since this build will just get a .5 defense.

2)Assassin/Icemage: Another pretty good one. With the synergy of charged strike and ice mastery, along with ice armor and iceprison for defense, might not be a bad idea. Again there is almost no defense with this build as well.
You should try them out yourself but here is my take.

Assassin/Sorcerer: Shockwave is very weak in terms of damage and doesn't stun very often either. You'd be better of taking thunderbolt, which stuns a 100% of the time. You only need one point. Keep the boss stun locked and hammer away. You'd also want one point in tornado, which will make your enemies immobile for a time ( they can still attack, so it doesn't help if you get surrounded). Sorcerer doesn't have a good AOE, expect tornado, which is not suitable for a primary damage spell because of its cooldown.

Assassin/Icemage: Ice prison is nice for survival but ice armor isn't too great. Even with very high armor bosses can do a ton of damage. I have a gladiator with over 5000 armor, but I can still be killed fairly easily by some bosses. I believe ice armor gives you about 40 per point. Not too hot. You're best bet for AOE attack is shatter because it does high damage, allows you to stay farther away from enemies than ice nova and doesn't increase in cost with levels. It's probably the best AOE in the game.

I haven't seriously messed with shaman or warlock so I won't comment. I've read holy fire is weak but double hitpoints is always nice.

Let us know how things turn out.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Legend

Thanks for the advice. I've never actually used shatter. Do the enemies explode like corpse explosion from d2. I'm actually surprised you recommended shatter. A kid i played online with the other night swore on frost nova and said that shatter didnt have as much aoe as nova.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight1728 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I've never actually used shatter. Do the enemies explode like corpse explosion from d2. I'm actually surprised you recommended shatter. A kid i played online with the other night swore on frost nova and said that shatter didnt have as much aoe as nova.
Sort of. You can target shatter on an enemy far away. When that enemy dies from shatter all the enemies around it take damage. They don't graphically explode unfortunately. On my high level ice mage, when the first enemy dies from shatter the rest are likely to go down.

Frost nova is still good but it shoots out in radius around you so you have to get much closer to damage enemies. I've tried both on a high level character and I prefer shatter.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Legend

Would it be possible to use neither of them, and instead just use charged strike from assassin tree. Unlike frost nova, strike does receive the bonus from ice mastery resulting in a lot more damage. Even though i have to get up close to use, this build is going to be up close and the slow effect is what im really looking for. I wish shatter had the slow affect, but then i might as well label best skill in the game to it as it already is great.