Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old 05-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Murphius Murphius is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphius View Post
I haven't tried these on a spell yet, but it makes me curious what makes a DynamicStat as oppose to a Stat?

DynamicStatMultSkillDamage 0.05 works on spells, I'll have to test if
StatMultMinDamage works. I hope it does.

StatMultMaxDamage 5.00
DamageMultLightning 5.00

Neither of these had any effect on the spell Thunderbolt, however " DynamicStatMultSkillDamage " works fine. I can't seem to find another modifier that will however.
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Bluddy Bluddy is offline
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphius View Post
I tried adding " DynamicStatChangeExtraDamage " to a skill mastery, at 300 just to test, and it had no effect, spells effected were doing the 5-15 instead of the 305-315 they would have if it worked. Have you tried this successfully?
Nope. It's commented out both in Din's and in DoP, so I'm guessing it's something Shadow tried early on before abandoning it and switching to percentages. It's possible the code doesn't support it.


Quote:
I haven't tried these on a spell yet, but it makes me curious what makes a DynamicStat as oppose to a Stat?
I *think* non-dynamic stats are ones your character always has: STR, VIT etc, while dynamic stats are things generated on the spot, like critical hit modifiers or damage modifiers, ie. things where you first roll a number and then adjust it.

Quote:
DynamicStatMultSkillDamage 0.05 works on spells, I'll have to test if
StatMultMinDamage works. I hope it does.
Pretty sure it does. You can also play with switching Mult for Change in different things and seeing if that works. The system's supposed to parse both interchangeably, though some things may not be activated in the code. Also, if you want insight into everything the game can parse (more or less), open up the executable with an editor and search for some keywords -- you'll find all the strings that can be parsed by the program.

Quote:
I've found this to work on changing the status effect chance, to test I had the change bring the status effect chance up to 100% and it seemed to go off 100% of the time. Of course with an original chance of 10% maybe I just got really lucky for 10 minutes... which would be unlucky in the long run.
Interesting... I haven't touched this stuff for a while. I thought changing chance didn't work, but maybe I was wrong, or I'm just remembering wrong.
__________________
Mods: DC Balance UI | DoP UI | Drox Guild Time Silence | DL Texture | Join our Discord!
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 05-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Bluddy Bluddy is offline
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphius View Post
StatMultMaxDamage 5.00
DamageMultLightning 5.00

Neither of these had any effect on the spell Thunderbolt, however " DynamicStatMultSkillDamage " works fine. I can't seem to find another modifier that will however.
OK yeah. Jogging my memory as I look through the files...
StatMultMax/MinDamage is only for static values, ie. your weapon damage ratings before you roll an attack. Spells don't go under that because they're only active dynamically. So for spells you have to use DynamicStatMultSkillDamage.

DamageMultLightning type commands are only for status effects.
__________________
Mods: DC Balance UI | DoP UI | Drox Guild Time Silence | DL Texture | Join our Discord!
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 05-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Murphius Murphius is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
OK yeah. Jogging my memory as I look through the files...
StatMultMax/MinDamage is only for static values, ie. your weapon damage ratings before you roll an attack. Spells don't go under that because they're only active dynamically. So for spells you have to use DynamicStatMultSkillDamage.
So for modifying spells we have at our disposal:

DynamicStatMult -
- SkillDamage
- TotalTime
- PowerRegen
- CriticalHit
- MagicCriticalHit (Difference?)
- CrushingBlow
- MagicCrushingBlow (Difference?)
- StunningBlow (not sure if that happens with spells)
- Deepwounds (not sure if that happens with spells)
- PowerNeeded
- PowerGainMult

Any others? I'd love a way to modify damage a little more specifically, say % increase to maximum damage, which was easy with weapons. And weapon skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
DamageMultLightning type commands are only for status effects.
If " DamageMultLightning " works in a status effect perhaps I can make it work on a spell, I'll have to try.
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 05-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Sariour Sariour is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
Default

First time poster here, not that it's important to note but it's kind of an internet tradition to state the obvious once in a while so... yeah.

Anywho, I recently tried out this mod after having found the main game to be awesome in many ways but, unfortunately, lacking in just as many ways. The major turnoffs being how caster skills scaled, or rather didn't. So I did some research, found both of your mods, downloaded them and loved them to death and felt like I'd offer some of my notes and suggestions as some kind of payback for your amazing work.

Also I may be able to do some playtesting depending on my schedule.

1: I personally like the way that item drops and gold management works in your mod. It's basically impossible to gather a sizeable fortune which adds to the feeling of hopelessness in Din's Curse and I especially like how you get most of your gear from chests. Problem though is that I just don't feel like you get enough, or rather, good enough gear from chests. I've more than often come across an empty chest, which makes it really difficult to find appropriate gear replacements.

2: I likewise don't really get why you decreased the number of monsters, especially not with the low drop rates you've got going on seeing how fewer monsters mean fewer chances to get gear. Personally I thought that the Dangerous Monsters setting were more than enough for people, myself included, who wanted to decrease the amount of monsters in the dungeons.

3: Honestly I don't really like your changes to how repairs work and it seems like I'm not the only one who thinks that it a tad silly that neither the weaponsmith or the armoursmith can repair your stuff. Especially seeing how getting a town without someone who knows how to swing a hammer just makes me create a new world.

4: Maybe making the unique items and sets better and/or more interesting'd be an idea somewhere along the road?

5: Random suggestions for certain skillchanges:

- Make Gloom Bolt deal poison damage and remove the defense buff. It's way too powerful when compared to the other starter nukes and as an added bonus of making it deal poison it'd make poison resistance gear way more attractive to Necromancers seeing how Blight also deals poison damage and it'd create an ice-v-fire'esque situation for the Conjurere with Necromancers wanting poison resistance and Sorcerors wanting lightning resistance. Not to mention the flavor as undeads resist poison damage and it keeps the DOT effect it used to have as a fire spell on virtue of being poison damage.

- Give Dark Bolt the defense debuff from Gloom Bolt to help out the Screes.

- Boost the Warlock curses, I don't really have that much to offer but... boy are they "meh". Maybe adding a minor DOT effect to all of them would be an idea?

- Impale is in it's current form quite the underachiever, if you ask me that is. Especially seeing how it's part of a caster skilltree, sure the Demon Hunter is a warrior class but Demonologists wear clothes, use daggers and gain mana bonuses. Maybe changing it into a DOT, ranged debuff, make it into a nuke or flat out buffing it'd be appropriate? *just me wondering why Demonologist and Warlock has so little synergy going on between them considering the obvious*.

- Make Lich Form actually turn you into a lich. Y'know, you pick the talent and huzzah! You're a lich permanently. Shouldn't be that difficult to do seeing how all the animations are already there. Admit it, you thought it worked like that when you rolled your first necromancer!

- Seeing how Lightning-, Fire- and Ice Mastery are all pretty much useless now it might be an idea to replace them with something entirely different like say a random blink spell for Sorcerors, a pet for Icemages and a super DOT for Firemages?

That's all for now, I'd offer to help with something other than random notes and suggestions but I can't code for sheeeeeet.

Thanks yet again for an amazing mod for an awesome game!
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 05-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Bluddy Bluddy is offline
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sariour View Post
Anywho, I recently tried out this mod after having found the main game to be awesome in many ways but, unfortunately, lacking in just as many ways. The major turnoffs being how caster skills scaled, or rather didn't. So I did some research, found both of your mods, downloaded them and loved them to death and felt like I'd offer some of my notes and suggestions as some kind of payback for your amazing work.
Thanks!

Quote:
1: I personally like the way that item drops and gold management works in your mod. It's basically impossible to gather a sizeable fortune which adds to the feeling of hopelessness in Din's Curse and I especially like how you get most of your gear from chests. Problem though is that I just don't feel like you get enough, or rather, good enough gear from chests. I've more than often come across an empty chest, which makes it really difficult to find appropriate gear replacements.
Good point about empty chests -- it's quite discouraging. I'll change that so it doesn't happen. I can try modify the drop rates a little, but it's hard to get it 'right'. When I designed the mod, I just knew that the vanilla game dropped too much good stuff for my liking.

Quote:
2: I likewise don't really get why you decreased the number of monsters, especially not with the low drop rates you've got going on seeing how fewer monsters mean fewer chances to get gear. Personally I thought that the Dangerous Monsters setting were more than enough for people, myself included, who wanted to decrease the amount of monsters in the dungeons.
The game carries over the monster density of DoP but inside confined spaces. This makes it such that there's barely room to move. Strategy becomes irrelevant. When you're fighting a huge crowd of monsters, you have very few tactical options. Also, what each monster does isn't really important. I prefer to have fewer monsters that do more interesting things, rather than a massive throng of monsters. Having said that, it may be that item drops are too low from killing monsters. I haven't played in a while, so I'd have to check it out.

Quote:
3: Honestly I don't really like your changes to how repairs work and it seems like I'm not the only one who thinks that it a tad silly that neither the weaponsmith or the armoursmith can repair your stuff. Especially seeing how getting a town without someone who knows how to swing a hammer just makes me create a new world.
The problem is that repair (and component damage) is almost meaningless in the game. Every time you go back to town, you repair your stuff, and never really experience that whole aspect of the game. My original idea was to make it such that smiths can only repair what they build (armorsmiths repair armor etc). But this isn't possible in the game. So instead, I reduce the number of smiths that can repair, to make it a more precious commodity. It makes you rely more on wandering weapon/armor vendors, who can *always* repair.

Now, the problem here is that it's not integrated into the game's conceptual model. Try telling yourself that the particular smiths are not so knowledgeable, or that they're out of supplies. I still think it's a very important change to the game, even if I would have preferred to do it differently.

Quote:
4: Maybe making the unique items and sets better and/or more interesting'd be an idea somewhere along the road?
That would be a wonderful idea, but it's a LOT of work. I would have liked to boost their stats some, but my single attempt at doing that didn't work out.

Quote:
5: Random suggestions for certain skillchanges:
I'll think about your suggestions. Right now, here are some immediate responses I had:

Quote:
- Boost the Warlock curses, I don't really have that much to offer but... boy are they "meh". Maybe adding a minor DOT effect to all of them would be an idea?
I think I did try to boost them a little. All negative buffs in the game are a worse deal than positive buffs because of the weird way the game handles negative numbers. The more you buy of them, the less effective they are. I've asked Shadow to give an alternative to this sort of math (basically to just do regular percent reduction) but it doesn't seem like it's on his priority list, especially with Drox (a game without skills) being the current game in development. Having this handicap to all negative buffs makes me not want to deal with them... it's basically a mathematical bug in the game engine.

Quote:
- Make Lich Form actually turn you into a lich. Y'know, you pick the talent and huzzah! You're a lich permanently. Shouldn't be that difficult to do seeing how all the animations are already there. Admit it, you thought it worked like that when you rolled your first necromancer!
I did want to do this initially, but it just can't work. The human model has a ton of animations, and the monster models have only a few. What WOULD be cool is to randomly turn into a lich every once in a while for a few seconds. Your spells would receive a massive boost from this. Hmm...

Quote:
- Seeing how Lightning-, Fire- and Ice Mastery are all pretty much useless now it might be an idea to replace them with something entirely different like say a random blink spell for Sorcerors, a pet for Icemages and a super DOT for Firemages?
They're useless in the sense that you can't invest in them directly, but they're very much useful in the sense that they take up a spell slot. However, it does seem that each magician class has about 2-4 slots empty currently. Maybe I should add some spells there...

Glad you like the mod, even with the reservations
__________________
Mods: DC Balance UI | DoP UI | Drox Guild Time Silence | DL Texture | Join our Discord!
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 01-15-2014, 05:09 PM
jureidinim jureidinim is offline
Expert
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 62
Default This mod and 1.029

Hi - been wanting to get back into this great game.

Does this mod support the later versions of the game? It's stated for only patch 1.025, but now i see patches beyond that - up to 1.029.

Would this mod still work?
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 02-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Bluddy Bluddy is offline
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jureidinim View Post
Hi - been wanting to get back into this great game.

Does this mod support the later versions of the game? It's stated for only patch 1.025, but now i see patches beyond that - up to 1.029.

Would this mod still work?
Sorry, I don't think it would work as of right now. I need to do some work to update it.
__________________
Mods: DC Balance UI | DoP UI | Drox Guild Time Silence | DL Texture | Join our Discord!
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 02-10-2014, 12:39 AM
jureidinim jureidinim is offline
Expert
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
Sorry, I don't think it would work as of right now. I need to do some work to update it.

Oh... I went ahead and installed it. It seems to work.

The only strange thing i noticed was that sometimes creatures that rely on ranged attacks (Big sister pixies, undead mages) would sometimes stop attacking if you got close to them - they just stand there and allow you to beat on them.

Anyways - hope you are able to get the mod fully compatible with the latest version soon. It really makes the game much more interesting :-)
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 05-05-2017, 05:19 AM
Piros Piros is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Default

404 Mod not found
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2019 Soldak Entertainment, Inc.