Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Legend

Looking at the figures more closely, monsters in DoP have much more HP than in DC. They get more VIT per level, and each point of VIT gives them more health.

Additionally, what makes the situation worse in terms of defense, is that they get much more attack per DEX.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
Looking at the figures more closely, monsters in DoP have much more HP than in DC. They get more VIT per level, and each point of VIT gives them more health.

Additionally, what makes the situation worse in terms of defense, is that they get much more attack per DEX.
On top of dealing with them, you get the brutal slayers and death and destruction attacking anything that moves. -Brutal Slayers warrior runs after flower flying the wind, "Over here guys!!!"

Its almost funny.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Legend

In preparation for a possible mini-mod to try address these issues, I read up on the DoP forum, going all the way back to the beta.

The general impression I get is that people who made it past level 30 for the most part used some kind of non-standard gaming technique. Those tricks include farming lower areas for very long periods of time; farming areas with one character such as the priest (using hardiness, which is especially good at low levels) and collecting stuff for other characters that can actually handle the higher levels of the game; abusing the covenant system to obtain ridiculous items; and finally, abusing the teleport stone to pull off tricks such as casting and teleporting. The only character that seems to sail through the game is the thief.

The teleport stone is actually one of the cheapest things in the game, and makes considerations of balance somewhat moot, since I can just set one up and then go back to base whenever I need to heal. I'm very grateful that the implementation in DC is far more solid balance-wise.

Also, even though people have been requesting covenant additions to DC, now that I know that covenants can be exploited, I'm happy that DC doesn't have them. The weakest link in every strategy game is the AI, and in DoP the covenants were the weakest (and yet the coolest) link.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Beta Patch 1.017 of Depths of Peril is available over on the Depths of Peril patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch just fixes a selection issue introduced in the last beta patch.

Hi Steve,

Awesome game you have here. Bought my copy from Steam. Would you know when the Steam version will have the latest patch? Or at least the one with the updated perspective?

Thanks in advance.

-Imz
P.S.
Also bought DC from your webiste. Great game too. Please keep up the great work.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imz View Post
Awesome game you have here. Bought my copy from Steam. Would you know when the Steam version will have the latest patch? Or at least the one with the updated perspective?
We don't have an official timeline but I need to get to it fairly soon.
Patreon
Old 06-18-2011, 03:34 AM
Champion

Still no patch on Steam. I am thinking of buying the game again elsewhere (it would be good for Soldak).
Old 06-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_zebest View Post
Still no patch on Steam. I am thinking of buying the game again elsewhere (it would be good for Soldak).
Yeah, sorry I haven't moved it to an official patch yet, been busy (work and at home).
Patreon
Old 06-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Champion

Anyway, thank you for answering my post. I appreciate.
You have all my support for the next game (I will buy it as soon as it is available).

By the way, what about my Kivi's translation mod ? Will you put it on the site ? Or do you want to have more feedback ?
Excuse all my questions.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_zebest View Post
By the way, what about my Kivi's translation mod ? Will you put it on the site ? Or do you want to have more feedback ?
Yeah, I'll post it to the mod page soon.
Patreon
Old 06-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Champion

Been playing DoP again with the 17 patch, and some stuff went wrong:
- sometimes my buddy simply just stands around taking hits. In my current game she's a priest that uses ranged fire attacks. It seems that when enemies close in she just stands there and gets killed. If I teleport out and back in she usually start throwing fireballs again.
- the cursor acts up. Sometimes it holds its last used function (like when using ALT to view/pickup items) which means I can't move anymore. Again, when teleporting out and in (or using portals) it goes back to normal. Seems to mostly happen when in town.

Sidenote: I think you should update the Steam version and the screenshots/videos there with the new perspective/cooler shadows version (when the patch is out of beta). Should help sales me thinks.

Last edited by Maledictus : 06-23-2011 at 07:24 PM.