Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Elite

I like playing same gender too. In the WOW beta, I played a female warrior. So I'm not against warriors. Then when WOW came out, I played a female priest. (Not currently playing WOW. To many group things and not enough single or double player quests.)

Also, I tend to be a defensive player. I'm not fond of dying. If I had to pick the classes in order of most likely to least likely, it'd be: priest, warrior, rogue, mage. I don't know why, but I'm not fond of playing mages. They just seem so weak!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Elite

I like playing mages. I get to pretend to be all mystical and unfathomable and the like. Sadly, I get to die a lot as well.

Oh yes, and I don't really care what gender my avatar is unless I'm going to be presenting the persona to real people.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delve View Post
I like playing mages. I get to pretend to be all mystical and unfathomable and the like. Sadly, I get to die a lot as well.

Oh yes, and I don't really care what gender my avatar is unless I'm going to be presenting the persona to real people.
Yes, the dying part. I don't care for it. Mages are such a paradox of weak and powerful. They are fun to read about, but I prefer playing characters who have an easier time living.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilah Rehm View Post
Yes, the dying part. I don't care for it. Mages are such a paradox of weak and powerful. They are fun to read about, but I prefer playing characters who have an easier time living.
I used to love Rogue/Ranger/Thief/Magic types...and then a little game called Guild Wars came out and I for some INSANE reason made a female warrior and I've been hooked on the tank type ever since.

Sadly, it seems any avatar I pick is graced with what I call...Tal's curse. That character will die...MANY MANY times...actually, I think I spend more time dead than I do alive. In every game I play. I'm gonna go hide in the corner now... *hangs head and shuffles off*
Old 01-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Champion

I like to create the thief/rogue/assassin types in games (I LOVE to attack FAST!), but most of the time the warrior/knight is usually stronger/better.

Want to know how to change your covenant's icon?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Elite

Ever played Thief?
Old 01-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Champion

Not in this game... yet

Want to know how to change your covenant's icon?
Old 01-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Expert

Delve--

If you're referring to the game Thief...I've played Thief III....and abandoned it when I made it to Shalebridge Cradle. That left me curled up in a ball crying, I literally begged not to have to play that game. Talk about scary...I'll take my chances with Alma in FEAR anyday.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Elite

Yeah, I was referring to the Thief trilogy. However, Thief III is a bastard stepchild of a game, and IMO not worthy of being included in the series.

Try the first or second. The third is garbage and breaks a large number of the conventions of the first two games that were integral to the experience.

And yeah, Shalebridge has a well developed atmosphere and the level designer should be lauded for it. But even so it's so very much not in keeping with the previously constructed game world that it still bites.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Expert

I've dabbled with the second game in the series...but as a rule, when I'm playing a single-player game...I stink at stealth. I didn't even get through the tutorial for Deus Ex.... seriously.

So I can't form an opinion on the third one since that's the only one I ever really made *some* progress in. I also came to the game a wee bit late. I played the third one first. I've been spoiled by all the new technologies in games...mousewheel support being one.

Anywho, I'll stop now so you can all make fun of me for failing a tutorial....