Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril strategy/tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Expert

Default diplomacy and raid

Hi. This is my first post here. Pleased to meet you all.

I noticed that whenever the other covenants are at war or raiding each other, you could negotiate one of the warring covenants into trading you influence or crystals in return for raiding their opponents. The only thing is, once you agree to this and get their influence, you don't actually have to raid the others.What's even more unfair is that you could go to the same folks you just finished diplomacy with and have the same negotiation again and again. Eventually they will stop giving you goods, but by doing this, you can gain valuable relationship points, tons of influence and crystals. I think this is a little unfair since the AI can't seem to distinguish that I'm totally lying my ass to them. Is there anyway we can fix this? I try not to exploit this too much, but the temptation is just too great if the others have huge lead over me.

And this is to the folks who are masochistic enough to play this game hardcore and loner. Just how the hell do you guys do it? I tried it so many times already and I always get my butt handed to me within few minutes to few hours. One thing I noticed is that since I'm always alone, I am usually ranked the lowest or near the bottom. The AI's have field day raiding me together. It's like this is their bonding time to get to know each other as they torture me to death. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Elite

1. It happens. happens the other way too.

2. playing with noticealby lower level covenents helps. Also, since you're solo, exploit the hell out of everything. currency trade, AoE from across zone bounderies, that sort of thing.
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:16 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by (name here) View Post
1. It happens. happens the other way too.

2. playing with noticealby lower level covenents helps. Also, since you're solo, exploit the hell out of everything. currency trade, AoE from across zone bounderies, that sort of thing.
1) What do you mean it happens the other way? You mean the AI actually lies to you too?! If that's so, Shadow did some well-planned programming there. But I still wish there was a way to get penalized for lying. I just feel... so cheap, if you know what I mean.

2) Yeah, I noticed hiding behind a wall and spamming frost nova and other AoE is the best way to not die. It gets hard though when the monster start getting really fast and have thorn aura. How do you deal with your own damage coming back to you? I usually don't last much against those.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Elite

1. Yeah, i once bribed a covenent to help raid, and they didn't show up
2. avoid those guys or don't do them all at once
more covenants: we smell blood in the water, ATTACK!
game: the guilded coin are raiding (player covenant) the shining blades are raiding (player covenant) the black raiders are raiding (player covenant) (player covenant)'s life stone is threatened (at 75%)
Player: *&%#
Draaien: hey, where did they all go?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

1) There is actually supposed to be a penalty for not following through with this. I guess it's not big enough or not working.

2) I would suggest avoiding enemies with thorns in hardcore mode or being very careful with them.
Patreon
Old 08-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Expert

Shadow can you tell me what the penalty is? So far I haven't noticed any penalty.

Anyway if you see a big, powerful covenant beating the snot out of the bottom ranked covenant, you know he is a goner. So you can negotiate the bottom ranked covenant into giving you everything they have by saying you will raid the powerful covenant, but actually you let them die. Since the weak covenant is dead, there will be no retribution from them, and the powerful covenant will not get much influence from their kill because you just took it all from the weak covenant. All in all, this is a win-win situation.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

It is supposed to be a relation penalty.
Patreon