Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2016, 11:46 AM
Amateur

I'd also like to report that my party members have a tendency to attack trapped objects I trigger that ends up damaging them. I'm still in a lower level and difficulty so the consequence is not so well pronounced, but my party members start attacking a trapped chest while poison gas is still sticking around, they charge right into it and get damaged even more. I feel like it'll be practically suicidal for them in the near future.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:14 PM
Amateur

1. The last time I sent my clan adventuring, they started attacking another clan members in the area that I was either neutral or had a non-aggression pact with, I can't remember. The recruits and the other clan members fought eachother while I watched and I was unable to target the other clan to attack. Stopping the adventure fixed the issue. One of their clan members was killed by my recruits and it had no effect on our relationship score.

2. When your clan is being raided, it would be nice if you could bring up the clan menu and set recruits to 'Guard', right now you cannot 'show npc' when enemies are too close, although the game is paused while in the clan screen. Intentional? It's nice to be able to tell your recruits to come help. Luckily I am a rogue, was able to get away from the huge raid, and then set everyone to gaurd to come help.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:43 PM
Amateur

Quote:
The last time I sent my clan adventuring, they started attacking another clan members in the area that I was either neutral or had a non-aggression pact with, I can't remember. The recruits and the other clan members fought eachother while I watched and I was unable to target the other clan to attack. Stopping the adventure fixed the issue. One of their clan members was killed by my recruits and it had no effect on our relationship score.
I observed this happen too after the the huge raid with the pictures I posted. My own clan members did not attack my allies, but my allies attacked each other. All the clans participating in that raid were all in the same alliance as mine and started smacking each other up after the stragglers of the clan being raided remained. A few of my allies' NPC's died but I didn't spot any dents on their clan relationships between each other either.

---

Now reporting an instance of an object spawning in an odd location.

Last edited by GTD-Carthage : 04-27-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:21 PM
Elite

Default Bounty hunters

I loved the bounty hunters in Drox, but I think they need a lot of work in Zombasite.

First of all, there are way too many of them. I just had three of them sent after me in the space of 30 seconds. Makes no sense for a loner character who is allied with the four clans he has met and who has destroyed the two clans with whom he was at war.

Second, they are nowhere as scary as the ones in Drox who could come swooping in at any time, and really ruin your battle with someone else. In Zombasite, the labyrinthine map seems to tax their tracking skills too much. I usually see them before they see me, and just snuff them.

And worst of all, it is not clear why they are coming after me. In Drox, I knew who was sending them after me, and I damn well knew why. It made sense to get on the good side of a race with cash for bounty hunters, if genocide it was not an option. In Zombasite, I do not even know whether there is a client.

Do not get me wrong, I love the idea, I just wish that they were less common, and enough of a threat for their provenance to matter.

-----

Oh, and the cherry on the cake. When I look up the quest entry, I see "That one guy has sent a bounty hunter after you." That one guy is the name of my clan (loner character)

Last edited by Tuidjy : 04-27-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:35 PM
Elite

I just watched a combined assault by the Sisterhood of Light and Heart of Gold utterly destroy itself after one side cast the Volcano (or whatever it is called) spell on the enemy's healthstone. The volcano started spewing flame, some Heart of Gold guys got hurt, and a mass brawl ensued. The raided clan, Eternal Darkness was sitting by their own East gate, having a good laugh.

By the time I was done with Eternal Darkness, the Sisterhood had two women left, and Heart of Gold had one guy left. Out of about twenty each. They would not move away from the volcano, they would not cancel the assault, they would not stop killing each other, and THEY WOULD NOT STOP CASTING THAT DAMN VOLCANO.

I really think that spells that can injure allies or even neutrals need a good look. By the way, the Sisterhood and the Heart were in a mutual defense pact.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 04-28-2016 at 01:46 PM.