Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2016, 12:33 PM
Amateur

Correlation is not causation, but my crashes seem to be happening when a hostile npc group is nearby (assassin's guild, syndicate, etc). The game seems to be pretty good about autosaving shortly before the crash freeze.

EDIT: Correction. Freeze crashes still happening randomly. It just seems more likely near a hostile npc group.

EDIT 2: Sounds also started going in and out, eventually going completely silent. Like Mithur's report. Clearing out a large backlog of quests seemed to improve memory stability, but sound was not restored without reloading.

Last edited by Faceless : 05-15-2016 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:51 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
If you still have the save, can you email it to me?
Yes, and done.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:59 PM
Elite

I have been playing a stealth based character lately, and I notice that some enemies have no trouble targeting him with spells and ranged attacks, despite his retaining his stealth status. He fires a shuriken at a dark elf revenant, takes him out, and remains stealthied, but an ice storm starts on top of him, an half a dozen mana draining or fire bolts come unerringly at him.

It also happens with NPC archmages, and probably other spell caster. They do not know where I am, but their volcanos, permafrosts, etc at cast right on target.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:10 AM
Elite

I have seen so bloody many problems with the shapeshifters graphics, I am starting to see patterns:
- when you try to shift into the form for you are already in, you reset its countdown, but you get the human model.
- when your lose a weapon effect in a different form from the one in which you acquired it, it stays cashed in the model for the original form and never goes away.
- when you are shapeshifting between forms with different cashed weapon effects (a bug in itself) the former weapon effect stays fixed where it was at the time of the shift, sometimes looking like a lighted fart

The combination of these three bugs makes it very hard to keep track of your state, especially if, like me, you are playing with six effects on 99% of the time.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:09 PM
Elite

My level 18 rogue had a visiting merchant turn out to be a level 21 illusionist. That worthy summoned a level 49 Cruel Torva. In my clan seat. A bit brutal, if you ask me. Taking it down was not as easy as I'd have liked.

Should this be happening?
Old 05-17-2016, 06:40 PM
Expert

I know I mentioned this before already, but if someone ELSE besides me has time to play a world in either slow or very slow paced for some time, could they report back if they ever find one merchant? I swear it's impossible for a merchant to exist in those paces! (and I know the chances SHOULD be lower on a slower pace, but never exist.. after hours upon hours is another thing..) I'll finally stop whining about this bug if someone can report seeing one, as it seems this bug has been ignored

I'm sure a lot of newer or demo players might end up playing on those settings, and that could be slight crutch for them, and a missing feature to showcase the game.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:21 PM
Expert

OK, I JUST did find one in the "slow" pace, so it maybe I was just super unlucky all this time. I still have yet to find one in the very slow pace though, going back many versions..

Edit: Alright, I did just now find one on "very slow" pacing too.. I guess I didn't do much testing on these on the most recent version, so I guess either: A.this was either fixed on a very recent version without being put on the patch notes B.I was just so extremely unlucky during the times I was playing on very slow. Sorry about this.... Case closed!

Last edited by MindDefect : 05-17-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:05 PM
Elite

I have said it before, I will say it again: sets are a wonderful idea, but they need to be looked at, because a number of very useful attributes have been added to the game since the sets were created.

Movement bonuses, stealth bonuses, spell damage bonuses, damage type bonuses, extra projectiles - those are all very fitting for many of the existing sets, but nowhere to be found.

============

In the same vein, maybe some of the new effects should be linked to stats. Nothing major, but a bit of stealth bonus from dexterity, spell damage from intelligence, etc... may be appropriate. Especially if that red headed stepchild, Spirit, could get something.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 05-18-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:18 AM
Elite

When you upgrade items, sometimes the item levels by more than one level, but receives the bonus for a single level increase.

It may be that the displayed level isn't the 'real' item level, because it appears to only happen once... but I think that it is worth looking into. Either the level should only increase by one, or the damage/armor/defense bonus should be for multiple levels' worth.