Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Kivi's Underworld > Kivi's Underworld game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2008, 03:38 AM
Amateur

Default Amazing game

So I found the Depths of Peril Demo on Steam, but it wasn't my cup of tea I guess. Then I went to the developer's website and found Kivi's Underworld. Wow, that was a surprise. I wound up buying the game after finishing only half the demo and it was a great purchase. This game would do so well as xbox or PS3 downloadable content.

Anyway, thanks for creating this masterpiece.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Glad you are enjoying Kivi and welcome to the forums Scythy.
Patreon
Old 12-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Expert

I first found DoP on Reflexive a year or so ago (they have RPG/RTS/Action games too!), but the covenant system wasn't for me. I've been following Soldak since then. I bought Kivi after playing the demo. I've played through 9 missions, and I love everything about this game. The only shortfall is a lack of varied music tracks which is really not a big deal. I think the core gameplay is excellent!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythy View Post
So I found the Depths of Peril Demo on Steam, but it wasn't my cup of tea I guess. Then I went to the developer's website and found Kivi's Underworld. Wow, that was a surprise. I wound up buying the game after finishing only half the demo and it was a great purchase.
This is pretty cool. And to Soldak's credit, I'm not sure that too many other develpers could do this.

I have been addicted to Depths of Peril for many months now and still play it regularly. I'm amazed at the complexity of the scenarios that can be thrown up by the dynamically changing and adaptive game world. I can be cruising along on top of the world, when suddenly I'm stuck with a zone of super elite mobs raging out of control, or being dog-piled by a impromtu alliance of envious covenants. I love how there's nearly always multiple choices available to deal with a given situation.

In contrast, Kivi's Underworld feels static and linear, and I think I've clocked up less than 10 hours on it alltogether. I doubt whether be going back to it. Although I admit that there is a part of me that does want to complete the game just to see how the story pans out, the gameplay feels like a chore.

For the record I have purchased copies of both games - Kivi's Underworld moreso out of a show of support towards Soldak, and a curiousity as to what sort of game might come next.

And certainly, your point of view is no less valid than mine as a player. I think it's quite an achievement that Soldak have managed to attract such a group of players of vastly different opinion as to what constitutes a cool game.

Big thumbs up!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Legend

I found out about Soldak about a week ago when I bought depths of peril. I tried to play it but it was not my favorite rpg, good idea though. I like the skills and the idea for the game. After going through thick and thin, I found the website, after wondering what kivi's underworld was; I took a shot and downloaded the demo.
After like 3 minutes of the demo, I was sold. I like the game for the premise that you can beat a level in 15 to sometimes 30 minutes. Thats just what I need.
Other than that, I look forward to playing the rest of the game!