Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2010, 03:30 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruztee View Post
My lvl 14 frost nova Gilbert just died, and I can definately confirm that it is a power build. The only thing that can kill you is gross overconfidence (which it has to me twice now). Frost nova hitting through walls is a bug in my opinion, it's just too powerful.

I might try once more with the same build, or even go with a trickster bias, but either way, I tend to get too cocky and think that I'm superhuman. I've lost 3 Gilberts now, and all of them have been preventable and stupid deaths. I tend to zone out a bit when the character hits about lvl 15.
Lol, it's always pleasant to see you ain't be alone in "misfortune", and for the same reasons... At some point you are superman, and right after you miserably fall on ground!

Yesterday I lost my second character, with this one I never succeed to save the second town, he made 1st town rather fast at level 6, and second town last eternity and he died level 10 during a fight that last a very long time. What's funny is at a point of this fight I go to escape, with a lot of difficulty I succeed find an escape path. And then suddenly, seeing how low the boss health was, I lost any objectivity and with one potion and one food and knowing it as I knew the boss strength, I decided it was fine and I was going to kill him asap...
Old 05-21-2010, 04:35 AM
Elite

My level 8 Gilbert just died today. A jerk of a boss. What I love about this tournament, though is that I got to play a class I never would have tried. I think I just fell in love with the Trickster.

My favorite thing was to stealth and just cruise by baddies and sleight of hand them. Just way too much fun. Definitely do this again. Having the hardcore mode is great, too, because I take everything a lot more seriously and the rush of having real final consequences is great.

I had a blast.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:51 AM
Expert

Well, I gave it another go, and all was well until the current town I am in gave me a quest for a bad guy I can't find. He either isn't spawning, is stuck somewhere I can't get to, or is already dead and bugged out.

I've tried waiting, I've done every other quest available, and cleaned out the dungeon. I've been through level 9, which is where he's supposed to be at least a half dozen times. I've clicked on all of the exterior walls hoping to find illusions (did three passes of this). I even clicked on each piece of scenery to make sure I wasn't missing a trigger. I dismissed the quest, and took it again. I checked the levels above and below.

Either I am somehow missing him on that level, or he's already dead and the game missed it. Attached character files to post if Stephen would care to look at it. This seems to possibly be a bug.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Gilbert_Stuck_Lev_9.zip (30.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-21-2010, 05:41 AM
Expert

There he is ? You probably didn't try Save & Exit and then Resume, that usually does the trick for me.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Off hand that kind of looks like it might be a secret area.
Patreon
Old 05-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Expert

Pretty sure that was already open when I tried his save.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Well in that case it probably was like you said, save/resume fixed it.
Patreon
Old 05-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Expert

Argh. I had tried exiting out of the game, and restarting, but to no avail, I don't know why it didn't work for me. Oh well. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Champion

I just got a case where I think I have explored all the level and should get an item I think from a portal destruction. I destroyed one portal but didn't get the drop. The problem is I don't have any other portal to destroy. Well I could try check some other levels than the level the quest quoted.

Also I know this sort of wall that there's in this sort of level and I believe identify their secret passages easily but I can't be sure.

This town is the quietest I got since a long time but this item is required to uncurse the town and some town people. And the more time pass the more people are cursed.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viliki View Post
I just got a case where I think I have explored all the level and should get an item I think from a portal destruction. I destroyed one portal but didn't get the drop. The problem is I don't have any other portal to destroy. Well I could try check some other levels than the level the quest quoted.
Assuming I'm thinking of the correct quest, they will keep spawning until you get your necessary drops.
Patreon