Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maledictus View Post
So, can plagues 'stack'? If so, isn't that a little much? One plague should do it, I think. I didn't see the effect of 2 plagues stack on my character though.
You can only have 1 plague at a time. Things should be slower in 1.020.
Patreon
Old 02-14-2011, 02:55 AM
Legend

I decided to do my pacing updates here rather than in the bug thread.

For those who have been following (and those who haven't) my priest's 2nd town got its 2nd renegade, who proceeded to recruit another renegade... hopefully once I kill them I won't get more renegades for a while -- I've had my fill for now. The 12th level (where the curse and plague quests are) has been really tough for my priest, so I've been dying a lot... I'm having a blast though.

The water poisoning has spread to food. I'd really like to see this become rare so it doesn't go back and forth from one to the other (food to water to food... ). Unless it was made rare already and I just got lucky
Old 02-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Legend

Switched to a rogue character, which seems too strong (as I mentioned in the skill balancing thread). This character finished the first town and every single quest! Nothing was left! He just went in, got the quest done, tricked some monsters into fighting each other (awesome ) and got out.

1 or 2 NPCs got kicked out but no renegades! Yay!

In terms of items, I'm playing this character with poverty and I don't really feel a difference. It's a little toned down, but I still have plenty of magic items and money. I feel at the very least DC's magic/item rate should be dropped to poverty levels as default.

Oh and I had those annoying leprechauns. Really wish they wouldn't give me so much gold. I wish they'd make my gold magically disappear after they stole it, so there would be some reason to worry about them.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Expert

Quote:
I wish they'd make my gold magically disappear after they stole it, so there would be some reason to worry about them.
Which wouldn't really effect ranged fighters, casters or summoners, only meleers and they already have it harder.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
This character finished the first town and every single quest! Nothing was left!
Oh and I had those annoying leprechauns. Really wish they wouldn't give me so much gold.
It's easy to win every quest when you're super low level and the town has only 10 or so quests. When the town has 100+ quests, you're going to fail some no matter how well you play.

When you get further into the game, you'll find the leprechauns' money doesn't scale up with the other loot. Getting 2.5 SP or so doesn't mean much when you're sitting on 20 or 30 GP (2,000-3,000 SP).