Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Expert

Question What's the deal with Aurora?

In one of the posts (which I can't find anymore - that's why it's a new thread) someone mentioned Aurora again, which I couldn't place until I encountered her/him/it (I usually think of the monsters as "it", but the name Aurora sounds to feminine) yesterday. Since I only wanted a casual game I was playing at a few levels below my ship and yet the aforementioned critter fragged my six times in short succession. The first three times when I wanted to kill it, the next three times until I had all my black boxes recovered.

In this rather extreme experience, I noticed something: The first hit takes my shield to like 50% (that part is OK), the second kills the shield, obliterates my armour like it wasn't there and destroys my hull down to 30%.

What the heck is this thing? Are there ANY tactics to fight it? (My approach now is to simply stay away!).
Old 05-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Elite

Does Aurora look like a Gleria? Gleria have a Special Weapon called the Freezer Ray. It hits DAMN hard, thus Boss-ized Gleria Freezer Rays hit horrifically hard... i've been one shot by Boss-ized Gleria Freezer Rays more than once... Gleria are on my Hit List... (Along with Acanth & Bounty Hunters..)
Old 05-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Amateur

The bad thing is that this boss regenerates structure. Everytime you come back he'll be back up to full.

I only managed to kill it once and that was done by dragging it over to an allied planet. And for some reason that ally had almost no problems with killing it. I think it was the Drakk that did it back then.

I rather start a new sector then having him kick my butt all the time and getting an economic loss out of it (that happened once so far).
Old 05-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Expert

Yes, Aurora is always a Gleria and I have also abandoned sectors because of it.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Elite

I too am capable of pulling hard Bosses to Race Planets for some 'help'... One time, I had 3 Race Planets helping me down an Ancient Nexium Dreadnaught & one of them was a Shadow Planet... the Shadow Planet actually went Boom! before the Dreadnaught finally got defeated!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Elite

I just had my first run in with Aurora. In an uninhabited system, no less. It was level 63, my ship, Eviscerator, was level 57. I was kinda surprised, so I did not have a chance to equip my botnet component, which I use to debuff bosses.

It really hits hard. Eviscerator took only one (non-critical) hit, but two more of these would have taken it apart. In any case, here are two screenshots: one of the fighting, and one of Eviscerator after the fight.

Aurora hits hard

Eviscerator's loadout
Old 05-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
I just had my first run in with Aurora. In an uninhabited system, no less. It was level 63, my ship, Eviscerator, was level 57. I was kinda surprised, so I did not have a chance to equip my botnet component, which I use to debuff bosses.

It really hits hard. Eviscerator took only one (non-critical) hit, but two more of these would have taken it apart. In any case, here are two screenshots: one of the fighting, and one of Eviscerator after the fight.

*Snip*

Aurora hits hard

*Snip*

Eviscerator's loadout
I just started getting to use the Botnet on my Glitch just today! Seriously consider comboing it with the Lightning Cannon!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Amateur

Aurora has obscene damage as well as a permanent 300 speed, so the only way you can even keep it at distance is while running an engine boost consumable.

I started to eat gleria bosses for lunch as soon as I decided to try a Trojan on it, though. I guess debuffing an enemy by 1700 attack and defense does wonders.