Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2018, 04:31 AM
Amateur

Default Shields

Do Shields have any purpose in the mid to late game? In my experience up to level 22 they are completely useless.

With a recharge rate of 1 per second it will take about 4 minutes to recharge my shield whereas it seems to last about 4 secs in battle - hence I never bother recharging it.

I know you can use recharge stations & also give up slots to increase shield regen but I cant see these as viable unless they increase regen by a factor of 10.

Is there a mod to increase shield regen by say 3x? Ive only seen these as part of weapon mods which I think are quite unbalanced.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2018, 11:19 AM
Amateur

Shields are viable but you need multiple slots dedicated to them to be useful. I usually have at least 2-3 slots that are shields. Shield rechargers become a lot better when you have mutiple shields since it effects all shields, so if you have 2 shields that regenerate 1 shield per second each and a shield recharger that increases shield regeneration by 200% you'll have a total of 6 recharged per second. Keep in mind you can have multiple shield rechargers too so you can make shields regenerate quite fast. For examble, at 100 one of my ships has 3 medium shields and 3 shield rechargers for 474.18 Shield regen per second plus another 10 armor regen per second from having armor that regenerates on its own. This, combined with the occasional consumable is more than enough to become nearly unkillable even in level 200 sectors.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:55 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razuli View Post
This, combined with the occasional consumable is more than enough to become nearly unkillable even in level 200 sectors.
Are there any good guides on how to build/distribute points up to this level? I usually feel quite lost even just around level 20 ...
Old 10-19-2018, 07:02 PM
Amateur

There are a few guides around, but I don't think there is anything indepth about distributing talent points. I usually just put them where I need them at the time, finding a balance between upping skills and putting points in command to get more equipment slots.
In particular what do you feel you are having trouble with the most in leveling up your ship (such as durability, damage, energy consumption, power overload etc.)?
Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM
Amateur

Not having trouble as using mod to increase stat points to 8 per level whilst also using one to limit the command curve.

Wanted a mod to purely increase shield regen by x3
Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM
Champion

Ask and ye shall receive.
Old Today, 03:32 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razuli View Post
In particular what do you feel you are having trouble with the most in leveling up your ship (such as durability, damage, energy consumption, power overload etc.)?
Mostly, my question is about how quickly to raise Command and get ship size upgrades. This is the most important aspect as Command points cannot be redistributed.

Do I rush for a bigger ship? Are there certain optimum points that I should stay at for a while?