This is my entire todo list for Drox Operative 2. It changes daily. I add things constantly from testing and feedback. I remove things often that aren't feasible or just don't fit. Just because something is on here, it just means I'm considering it, it doesn't mean it will ever happen. Also, the ordering doesn't always mean much and there are probably a lot of duplicates at the moment.
Please feel free to comment on anything in here!
* should probably change fringe ship back to beam weapons or update the text and race ships
* The utopian trait, adding a socket to a piece of equipment, seems to be a very low chance of success, if even any (I have
yet to get one). (Kurama Kitsune)
* skillsScreen help topic
* add help for skills screen
* look at bumping zoom max up to 2.0 (DysDaemoN)
* sector started with like 10 locust quests
* can't see quests like colonize without being at planet (might need to get them from there but not to see)
* Ummmm haha here's a funny bug. Fringe had me do 3 quests to terraform their only planet from desert to Terran. When I completed the quest they couldn't survive on that world so they were wiped out. (scourge69)
Please make sure Races only give quests that help them.
* pirate ship -> pirate base -> more pirate ships
base can call reinforcements when attacking
pirates roam around, destroy & steal, each counts as a success & more likely to escalate
* smugglers similar, but can start drug waves & rebellions due to smuggled weapons
* are we using the monster stations much if at all?
can uprisings lead to stations getting built?
* a few things you could add would be space stations for pirates (HoboElf)
* I just spent over an hour fixing my allies planets with unrest type effects, and 5 minutes later they are all
rebelling or worse again. Please add a lockdown timer to these type effects so they cannot happen so often, and/or make
the success rate for races like Shadow much lower. (Carnage)
* Destroying a planet quest still fails when you kill the planet and it's the last one of the race (Xrayfk05 (Joost))
* resurrect a race quest sometimes resurrects the same race that gave the quest (maybe supposed to work like this?) (Smogg)
* After colonizing a planet as the third and final step of resurrecting a race, the quest-giver race displayed a green
exclamation mark and a Solve button in their quest list, despite the latter being empty. Clicking on the Solve button
(without any selected quest, since it was empty) played the Solve Quest sound effect, but did nothing else. (DysDaemoN)
It doesn't increase the Solved Quests counter either (viewed in the Fetcher/Adventurer achievement tooltip).
Ok so, once i solved the resurrection quest via the Quest Log, the issue was fixed.
* "Protect the planet %PlanetName% (%Race%) in the %SystemName% system" quests do not show any kind of progression. They
feel like a random timesink until they eventually fail/obsolete once the player gives up on idling on top of the
* I got a chat message saying "We missed a clue and discovered a problem late!" This tells the player nothing and only
gives them a pile of questions. Who is saying this? What is it in relation to? What is the problem and how do I fix it?
How do I avoid reaching this state in the future? (Takarias)
* need a bunch of quests that spawn from exploring planets - ancient relics, mysteries, etc.
* finding artifacts
* add more quests that the races want you to do (spying?), more things the races need you to do, and quests that start
based on things you find when exploring.
* Primitive race X is at planet Y in system Z. Make them your protectorate, help them grow and reach the space age. (medium) (Bluddy)
* Same quest, but help primitive race X take over the sector. (hard) (Bluddy)
* Help the mutant/AI race emerge from race X by encouraging civil war and rebels. (medium) (Bluddy)
* Help race X reach tech level 5 (assuming I understand it correctly and giving races techs helps them advance). (Bluddy)
* Help race X take over Y planets. (Bluddy)
* "Monster factions", when a monster type have had too many uprisings, bosses that are not acted upon, they become a
full-fledged race, but works differently from the usual races. They're much more aggressive to races and the player and
strong and can quickly become a serious threat to all the races, and practically impossible to do diplomacy with (extremely
hard to get on the good side of). (Verdusk)
* When a monster group is about to become a monster faction, there'll be a notification and a quest as one final chance to
prevent it. The quest can be a boss or fleet of their monsters on a planet, which they will make their base if the quest
is not done. (Verdusk)
* Once a monster faction is formed, there will be similar quests every so often as they are aggressively expansionist, they
will often attack race planets and they may also make the race planets they destroy as new bases. Their ships can be elite
tiers of the monster type. One boss will guard each of their base planets, and one or more superbosses who wander and lead
attacks are in charge of their faction in general; the more there are of them the more often they spawn more ships, attack
race planets and expand, if you defeat all of them they will not do those things until a new superboss is eventually
promoted from one of the guard bosses (and a new guard boss is spawned). (Verdusk)
* Found another bug, during a "Resurrect a Race" questline(Poilux)
Currently allied to Rizak and Utopian.
Utopian and Rizak are in war.
Utopian asks to resurrect a race.
Last part of the quest, going to colonize a planet in a unhabited system.
As soon as I push the "Colonize Planet" button, the new race emerges... and is immediately destroyed.
This is what ingame chat looks like, from bottom to top :
- NewCovenantX - this part should be fixed
- Zarlok : Good to see an Operative in this sector !
- Discovered the Strion Race.
- Strion and Utopian forged an alliance.
- Strion declares war on Rizak.
- My ship honors alliance with Rizak, declares war with Strion.
- Strion have been destroyed.
* Drox quests need better reward (Darke)
* Currently in a Ceasefire state with Scavenger race. (Poilux)
Accepted a Rebel quest for one of their planets.
This quest wants me to sell/donate a good for this planet.
I have what is needed to resolve the quest. (double checked type of good AND level.)
If you deliver the good, nothing happens.
Quest tells me it's failed because the planet has been destroyed even though it's not. (The planet isn't even attacked.)
Checked if another system had the same name, or if another planet in this system had the same name, but no.
probably went over to a rebel faction and failed because they were destroyed before it could give credit
* Protect Race X: Maybe fail it if you're at war with them when the timer completes? I just 'successfully' protected a
race I've been at war with and ignoring for most of the countdown, and now I'm going to kill them because they're
annoying. (Three races genocided one after the other and an alliance win. Yay! *genocidal dance!*) (Darke)
* The scavengers had an ultimate weapon quest pop up, and then after awhile the colony on the planet simply disappeared. It
wasn't destroyed, it literally ceased to exist. (Redsovietz)
* resurrected race can be immediately hostile, and if you have fighters up they will blast the planet out of existence
before you can react and move out of range (Annex)
* is there is a sabotage quest by selling an item to planet, can you do it accidentally?
need to have quest to do it?
* every item you can get to solve a quest (firearms, fungacite, whatever), should have a degraded version you can
obtain as well -- one that is used to sabotage. Using this to end a quest will give you XP, but cause damage and
lower relations with the race. (Bluddy)
* Some items for quests could even be replaced by WMDs, so you're selling something they think they need, and they
blow up the planet! (Bluddy)
* Maybe when you get a quest saying that a planet has... say a radiation leak, you could instead donate something that
makes it worse. Which could have effects such as unrest (say they blamed their race's ruling body), normal relation
effects (them not liking you, other's liking you because enemies), planet generates less resources, so race is
But items that are deliberately sabotaged or low quality (low quality guns etc) would be awesome. It'd make it a
real choice! (Bluddy)
* quest to help primitive race to next age
* recon or spy missions
* easier to cause rebels & splits?
* spying quests?
* espionage quests, sneak stealth missions where they give you a cloaking module to steal sensitive data. as for a random
example of some thing that might be cool
* when they reach four planets, a boss unit emerges
this ship is a class or two sizes larger and is decent, but not quite as strong as "average" boss monsters, and certain
not in the league with Bounty Hunters, or Drox Operative ships.
* Galactic Flu quest missing planet name - The Galactic Flu has spread from (Human) to flopsiris (Human) (Sharp)
* As mentioned in the main channel, planet protection quests are too long. There should be a way at least to accelerate
ship production when you arrive there, so you only need to do it for a minute or two. 10 minutes is unacceptably
* next is that quests to kill structures such as fighter bases and quests to kill planets don't seem to work correctly.
instead of completing, they fail with a message about how the target no longer exists. I can try to reproduce these
tomorrow too. (silver7017)
* It is possible for a planet to need (ie, to quell riots) something that it is currently selling. That probably
shouldn't happen. (Eris Shrugged)
* "Colonize planet" and "Deliver diplomat/prisoner" quests show on the minimap tooltip, but are not available to pickup
from race relation menus. (Varkon)
should be able to see it even if can't accept it
* You take quest to protect planet and it takes 30 minutes of real time to babysit that planet, in the end game says
quest is "obsolete" and it counts as failed; (LotusBlade)
* You help rebellion, take rebel quest and create a whole rebel planet for them, quest gets failed (because quest giver
dissapears after you done with his mission, and you can't turn that mission in); (LotusBlade)
* I wouldn't mind seeing some quests offered by friendly/treaty races to escort their colonizer ships. I'd like to know
the ships destination, and have my choice of ships to escort. i understand that this might actually cause pages and
pages of quest spam in larger games, so maybe there would be a way to narrow this down to specific types of escorts
offered or something. All I know is that there are certain races I'd love to see flourish, but players don't have
the time to wait around for a ship to build, load up, and start the move. (kerzain)
* I attempted completing a "resurrect dead race" questline. When I completed it, the race was immediately destroyed
with the words "newcovenantX" (the localization issue is fixed) under the "Trizantark have been destroyed" notice. (The Grand Mugwump)
* And on an unrelated note, somehow I keep completing quests that I'm not even in the right sector for and getting
rewarded for it... I think NPCs are killing quest targets and for some reason it is giving me the exp as though I
was there (Jackrel)
Seems to happen more frequently on abnormally long running sector runs. - rightful race no longer alive?
* temp happiness boost on planets when quest solved?
* Suggestion: altered rates of reputation hits from quests/trades of different types. (Kurama Kitsune)
At present, doing a quest for an enemy of someone hits you fairly hard, regardless of the quest type. I would like
to suggest that this be changed depending on the quest type you accept the rewards of:
1. Monster, boss, device, and ancient warship quests: Should only hurt your reputation with enemies of the race
paying you by about 25% (or at most 50%) of what they do currently. After all, these quests effectively help them
too usually, so while they could be understandably miffed a bit that you are taking money from an enemy they
should at least be able to mostly brush it off since you are making things safer for them in the long run too.
2. Quests such as scouting or stealing technology (and perhaps those which solve problems on planets like selling
weapons to one), as well as trades that give technology to a race should perhaps give MORE of a hit, since you
are basically directly aiding their enemy in a way that does NOT help them at all, and in all likelihood may be
selling them out.
RelationChangeSolvedForEnemy -6.0 // The full value only used if relation with enemy is 0.0
* Additionally, or perhaps alternatively instead, there could be a new quest type added. Where a new quest item,
[species name] colonists, may sometimes appear at more heavily populated worlds, and delivering them to a planet
that "needs" them (i.e. a world that is low on pop but can support more) will "heal" the planet a bit (or rather,
instantly add some population to it). (Kurama Kitsune)
* kill X quests sometimes mention the wrong system, so they say bad guy is in Y system but when you search for target
it says the marker was placed in Z system instead (and bad guy is found there) (Annex)
* phase of resurrecting race where you go to scout a planet for colonization can be set to a non-existent planet. Im
told its in a black hole system, which has no planets, and its my only quest. Green marker is for an adjacent
system, which also is a black hole system and has no planets (Annex)
* Some species of creature is invading the sector, the mothership is in x place (Sharp)
* Remember that in DoP you had priority quests that popped up with a timer to recruit people? That was neat. (Bluddy)
* Quests where you're asked to "defend planet X" or "take dude/object to planet X" or similar: If you don't already
know the location, it'd kind of make sense for the quest giver to point to it on the map. :/ (Darke)
* planetary protection quests are undoable, possibly due to the above issue. Sit there for 3 hours waiting for
* destroy Station quests dont seem to work. Going to the right planet and destroying the only station thats there
results in no changes to the quests status. Destroying the planet fails the quest (Annex)
* in exploration mode there are often not enough enemies to complete attack quests (kill X of Y), requiring the player
to wait for respawns. Such quests should always spawn enough of X even in exploration mode (Annex)
* a race thats been resurrected can itself give a quest to resurrect another race, however only the first phase of the
questline seems to work and part 2 never appears (Annex)
* missing some quests/rebel quests for some subraces - ultimate weapon, pirates, etc.
* will ancient or young rebel quests work?
* also protecting a planet is priority 3 (Eris Shrugged)
* counting down bonus for finishing quests quickly?
* I have noticed a possible problem with using certain chips in special weapons. (ZviHantsis)
A pulsar generator (special weapon) cannot accept chips with "all weapons" description.
In particular, I was trying to use a +% weapon speed (faster "reload time") and got a
notification that this cannot be used on this item.
* Are there no high level EM wave weapons? Can't remember the name of them, but they are mid slot weapons that fire a slow
moving wave that passes through all enemies in a targeted direction. They seem to stop appearing at a low level and are
replaced with a a different kind of EM weapon that is also AOE but kind of sucks... it just places a small AOE pulsing
thing at your cursor that doesn't move and I've found to be mostly a useless weapon. (FDru)
* -%-bonusses on weapons, are they calculated in the DPS shown or not? I added a % damage bonus gem to a weapon and the DPS
shown did not change. (Vassago)
* AOE weapons should probably have higher power requirements, preventing you from equipping too many of them (Bluddy)
and/or higher energy consumption, forcing u indirectly to either get more powergens or better energy regen, via
stats or accessories (DysDaemoN)
* Also, the medium slot weapons should be weaker, I think, and have lower stat requirements. Not sure if that's currently
the case. (Bluddy)
* are weapons always exact same damage?
* I've got a marine this run, and my last couple attempts to have them finish a ship off for me have resulted in them just
sitting there for at least 30 seconds with nothing happening. They're level 5, and I'm flying a low-level Shadow
ship. (Eris Shrugged)
* Level 25 Marines (both lvl 25) - boarded on craft, doing no damage (sat there for entire armor bar, no dice). Target ship
is level 40 ish. https://i.imgur.com/6n9dSWP.jpg (Boink)
* Projectile weapons with secondary effects would be neat. Projectiles that inflict slow, the usual panoply of debuffs,
dots, etc. (Eris Shrugged)
cryo guns that do thermal damage and reduce thrust on hit (silver7017)
gamma rays that deal much higher base damage at a lower fire rate and higher energy cost (silver7017)
* more over time weapons? - corrosive type things
* and we don’t have "axe wall", something rotating around the ship dealing damage to stuff it hit (Tchey)
* How about something explosive on contact? (Eris Shrugged)
* Or something that fires a wider, harder-to-evade projectile - think your classic shmup ring lasers? (Eris Shrugged)
* Or some kind of heavy mass driver which pushes you away drastically when fired? (Eris Shrugged)
* aoe or cone stun/slow attack
* immobilizing mine - weapon that kills enemy momentum
* How about a new kind of cargo bay that allows crew in it, or only crew can go in it. Sleeping Quarters or something? (ScrObot)
* be able to break down components into Chips & tech? (Kurama Kitsune)
* Out of combat (shot the ship), both marines still claiming they're boarding: https://i.imgur.com/KVhdgFl.jpg (Boink)
* They're still claiming it, 10 mins later + having changed system. Edit: fixed itself on next ship, they're still not doing
much damage and still reporting they're Boarding outside of combat. Edit: apparently level 30 marines x2 do only 22 damage
(together) on level 40 mobs. This is... broken / not working. Suggestion: change the Marine mechanics from a DoT to a %
insta-kill (or % of total HP, probably easier to do) if under <X> health per tick. e.g. If under 20% then 40% chance /
10% HP tick, if under 5% 80% chance, with multiples adding a diminishing return bonus. Otherwise, they don't seem to scale
very well (and I've not looked up the actual mechanics - they might do this already, and it was just bugged). (Boink)
* Chips consistently drop as yellow items which bears no relation to their rarity (Boink)
* disguise: make yourself look like a race ship, allowing an attack to be blamed on another race (Bluddy)
this might work better as a consumable item or a normal item that uses up durability fairly quickly and can't be repaired
* Seriously those green battery (+ener / sec) are the lifeblood of a lot of non specced in engy ships ,holy crud those lill
thingmabobs work overtime... ALL THE TIME!! XD They should consider adding this boost to the yellow energy battery (max
energy) , maybe I would consider using said battery component that way XP (Demios)
* Portal/wormhole making usable item, use them on 2 places to link them with portals (Verdusk)
* Also, I think the chips should get a better work on them, like having different icons based on their "type" (like a different
visual format for weapon affixes (damage mods, attack speed, critical, range, projectile speed), stuff like that. (Darkness)
I guess we could have the following chip types, each with a different icon:
- defensive (all damage resistances)
- offesive (5 weapon afixes)
- loot-based (magic find, gold find, component find)
- misc (defense, attack, radar, thruster)
* That way, we could also have some chips of each kind showing up as items for sale for each race, so chips would be easier to
come by. (Darkness)
* Maybe it's an end-game thing, and I'm only in my 70s, but almost nothing I equip has chips since: (Darke)
They seem to be rare to non-existent on yellow and above items that I want to equip (Darke)
I've played 5-6 sectors since the new patch dropped and I've seen precisely one chip drop (Darke)
They're so rare in stores that I actually notice when they're there, and the three ones I've seen have been pretty much
garbage since they were only on newbie planets that hadn't gotten space ships yet? (Darke)
For reference I've got 21 component slots unlocked, but only three items with a chip slot available, and no chips to add
them; the only one that dropped recently was +79% to minimum weapon damage, which seems pretty good, but I don't have a
weapon chip slot on my beam weapon so... yeah.
* On another note, when scavenging for Attack Speed items, I really wanted a way to show how much % of the roll you got on an
item. Like, high level attack speed gear can give something like 50% to 77% weapon speed, so it'd be cool if it showed a
% or a bar that allowed you to know how good the roll is. (Darkness)
* This feature is needed good now considering high rarity items can sometimes buff the base stat of the item, making
comparions much harder, as you can enhance the item to improve is quality and its main stats on that case. (Darkness)
* The division 2 did something like that a while back on a huge patch, a bar below the stats there: (Darkness)
* tractor beams could also extend range of item pickup
* time component - slows down all enemies in range (move speed & weapon speed)
* automated repulsor - keeps enemies away
* Shield Disruptor - disrupts the targets shields for a short time
* do we have a energy to shield component?
* something that debuffs enemy so that future damage is increased
* "Faulty" components. Similar to cursed in a way, but done in a way that makes thematic sense. "Oh this armour will
cause damage to the structure of the ship if installed, so max structure will be reduced" "This battery recharger
(forgotten what they're called) causes energy surges, so we're capped on the amount of energy we can use to avoid
or unstable (HoboElf)
* shields take more power load on bigger ships? armor less useful?
* should item drops not drop?
* Less focus on the consumables, hopefully remove them. Consumables you have to restock is so 90's.
* Additional equipment (or ship types with features) to get better mobility, like strafing, turbo boost, instant break,
* speaking of that point, there is teleportation on some enemies in Drox 2. I don't know if it's a part yet or not, but
that would be a good way to balance out a super large ship's mobility. (DestroTheGod)
* Make consumables into perishables instead (like relics in Zombasite/DL) (Hobo Elf)
They would give the player similar bonuses (increased health, shield, energy regen, more thrust & defense), but as
a longer lasting passive bonus. It would make these items overall more useful, more valuable AND more immersive
as it would give the player the fantasy that they are buying inventory for their ship + crew to function better,
instead of it feeling like a wonky space health potion. A similar-ish kind of item in functionality are the Soldak's
fantasy ARPG relics that increase happiness or reduce insanity: they are perishable passive boosters. Players could
have new dedicated item slots for these perishables or it could just be something you keep in your inventory as is now.
* I've played in the past with no usage of consumables, then with tons of consumables, and now I'm trying to play
without them. Honestly, it feels really weird that we still have consumables that you need to buy/stockpile, it's a
really old design that never really pleased me, but nowadays it feels even worse. I'd rather have one regen for
combat, and another for out of combat to reduce the cooldown between battles, and keep my toes in battle with the
regens I have, or escape if I can't handle it. That's how I've always tried to play ARPGs, and being "forced" to
stack consumables to keep my weapons firing, or being alive with regen of shields/armor, doesn't sound fun to
* you're either forced to use lots of energy regen batteries, consumables, or less/weaker weapons than you could to
keep firing. (Darkness)
* I think medium components that increase attack speed aren't affecting the new Heavy ballistic weapons (like Plasma
Cannon types) (Darkness)
* Items that allow you to disguise your ship like one of the races (one item per race) for 5 minutes or so. This would
allow you to get past races that hate you (assuming you look like their friend), and would allow you to destroy race
ships and get hatred towards the race you look like. You could also blow up diplomats heading to important meetings
(like peace meetings) with no repercussions for yourself, but framing another race. (Bluddy)
* next, I feel like there are artifacts from the previous game that should probably be removed. this was already hinted
at with ancients giving probably too many legend points, because they used to be special event monsters. scavengers
and their racial modules are similar. in drox 1, scavengers were special because they were the expansion race, so it
made sense for them to have special gear that only they can use. in drox 2, they are a standard race, so it would
make sense if the scavenger component, at higher levels, could be used by all races. this would bring it in line
with the cloak which is race specific at low levels and then opens up. (silver7017)
* there aren't Heavy shields (Darkness)
* maybe rams consume energy on impact rather than being activated. if there's no energy for them to consume welcome to
taking damage (Eris Shrugged)
* Set items are often in my opinion are done wrong. Collecting a whole set shouldn't be the most powerful items out
there, but they should however fulfill a niche build. For example, you could have a set around making mines and
mine damage better. Increasing mine blast radius and or damage for each piece collected. You could slowly collect
this set, through each piece in your shared stash. Once it's complete you think: "Oh I got a whole set, a human mine
build could be a fun playthrough / build." Basically it adds a dimension to the looting game. Another great use for
set items is the mid to early game. I have no problem with sets actually being a significant power spike. This
worked so well in Diablo 2, because you could never really collect a low level set through one or even 2
playthroughs, but on subsequent playthroughs you earned the right to have a twinked out character to have fun
* I don't have a great solution to this, but having new versions of the various consumables show up available to buy
becomes kind of obnoxious, since you're faced with wanting to just throw the old ones away. This feels like a waste
of money, or inventory space if you keep both. (Eris Shrugged)
* would be nice to randomize components - pass along modifier power?
* Will there ever be heavy components that use the ship collision damage stuff? kinda like the idea of a heavy set of
spikes or some thing on my murder ball. (MaDDworlD)
* stat bump on higher rarity items - components that use skills, mostly weapons and other active components
* I noticed there're many items that gives buffs/debuffs, but honestly, I'd never use anything that doesn't have 100%
uptime, period. It'd make them inconsistent, and only really work if you save them for thougher fights, which would
make the slot useless for like 50% of the time. (Darkness)
I'd rather they had a higher energy cost to activate, or reserve energy from the pool to keep them active, or even
gave a considerable negative energy regeneration while active.
* The only self-buff I'm using is one that reduces my defense and gives 150%+ weapon damage. I used to use the one that
gave self-damage on ticks instead, but that often made me have to use healing items to offset it, so I switched. I'm
considering adding a second one, maybe the -50% thruster if I get enough thrusting perhaps by using a heavy thruster
again, or wait until other items are fixed to work with plasma weapons. (Darkness)
These self-buff items make me really think the consumable items could work like them, by having a cooldown and no 100%
uptime, but infinite charges. Maybe they could have a specific item slot for them, and the ships could have like 2 slots
for them? I don't know. Maybe rarer self-buff items could end up giving multiple effects, stuff like that. I don't know
if it'd work, though, I haven't put enough thought into it.
* random, wild idea: don't have item sets. make chip slots more common and have chip sets. (Eris Shrugged)
* something that allows short teleportation?
* spy ships (hard to see, better radars or specific components to see)
races can use
could have quests to find and destroy these
limited to small ships? or have to have multiple for larger ships?
* add turn speed as a stat so components can change it?
* acceleration as a stat?
thrusters add more to turn speed/acceleration then engines do?
* easier to shield smaller ships? does have less surface area to cover? on other hand less energy/power to power
* can leave probes to research anomalies?
* Implement the "crafting table" mechanic from Din's Legacy at every functional gate in the game so a Drox player can
operate deep in enemy space for extended periods of time.
* more viable defensive options, I had to make a mod for Drox that let you actually build for a def type or hybrid. So
that means, more hull options with hull regeneration, more armor options with armor regeneration, ect and hybrid
options would be very nice. -- or Computers that just give large bonuses to dif. types of regeneration, say a computer
slot that gives say 75 shield regen a second.(level 100 example) but have these options for all the types of defenses.
Skill based game play is great and all, but if you can't keep your ship up, or have to spam healing items every time
there off cooldown it won't feel good to play I think. Healing items should be used only in desperation, not as a "as
soon as its off cooldown" type thing. all that being said, i'd love to see some better cloaking options that keep you
hidden, not just "as soon as you are seen by an enemy" These ships should cloak and only be seen if an enemy ship can
do a scan pulse that checks for cloaked ships. I'd also love to see some ships that can phase, as in, Shift detentions
to avoid taking damage, but also while shifted, they can't deal damage. or an 'Evasive action' type of use computer
that increases your chance to dodge incoming damage at different values.
* thrusters should also help you turn faster or more effectively the higher your thrust is. helping you to stop faster
and accelerate faster.
* all that being said, I'd also love to see ships that aren't combat focused, that have say, some sort of flag that lets
them be ignored or less likely to be attacked, so that they can 'Mine, craft, search for resources, negotiate, or even
run trade caravans to other systems for EXP and money. It would let alt characters have a reason to exist, no more One
character wonder. so you'd have your combat ship, built for dealing damage. A ship that you could play that lets you
farm money/resources/rep/ect. that you could use to upgrade your other ships, things like that you could unlock on
your account, so they affect all of your characters(ships) but these goals should be hard/time consuming, its an ARPG
after all. I want to get so many rep points with a faction, and then that lets me say, have them offer a special
service to me, or get faction discounts, or recruit them as a follower, things like that. say you spend a lot of time
helping a faction(this effects the account not just the individual character) that the end-game for that faction is
unlocking the ability to upgrade gear, by adding up to 3 additional stats to an item, no matter the rarity, having
this as an account goal would really make me want to grind rep for that faction. But with changes like this, you'd
have to have the game save the rep for your account with each faction so it would not be a 'by the game' type thing,
these would be very long lofty goals. I like that every faction had a unique thing they could do for you in the
original game, but it was available from the start, they need to be things you unlock with time and serous investment
in said faction. I'd also like to see some sort of balancing act where you may be grinding rep with one faction, but
that could potentially lower your rep with another faction. that way you can't just build for every thing. This means
that every faction would have to have a mechanic that is REALLY GOOD, and very desirable. A faction with a bad reward
is a faction I would ignore.
* distress beacon you can cast out that taunts enemies to investigate its location?
* mining drones - could leave on planet mining
* thrust consumable boosts ram damage?
* gravity/concussion - pushes enemies away
* way to drop things that slows projectiles
* salvage (find items better)
* scanner (faster scanning)
* tractor beam
* Race ships still die very quickly and planets with 5 or more race ships are still no real challenge. (level 116 universie,
lvl 95 ship) (Vassago)
* scavenger starts with cannon but has bonus to computers
* Faction ships scaling is too high. I have two 350+ dps weapons at level 66 and kill all other enemies in seconds but I have
to shoot at faction ships for around a minute each. (Zerul)
* Stat bonuses are too small to be even noticeable. I suggest trying something multiplicative or otherwise noteable benefits to
equipment aligned with that stat. (Zerul)
* Really minor, but if you drop a crew member into space, they show up as Unknown Crew (Identified). (Eris Shrugged)
* add quests to get ancient crew?
* Crew levelling is still opaque and RNG and irksome. I'd much prefer a system where XP got dumped into a pool and/or shared.
Heck, I'd prefer a separate tab with proper UI where you could manage them & select direction for a crew on level (e.g.
two/three options so you could specialise one Dryad as Structural as pure or Structural / minor other etc.). The crew XP
thing was complex and opaque in DO1 (I remember forum posts on it) but there's no need to keep the same system completely.
At the moment 1/4 of my inventory is taken up by crew who I cycle through to level as I progress, which is bunk:
https://i.imgur.com/zEVLxPl.jpg For that matter, the UI needs a graphical signal that a crew member is maxed for your
level (rather than having to tool tip x8 similar items each time) - I'd suggest a gold box around them if they're maxed
for your level. Oh, and again: inventory needs work. Here's a suggestion: each ship tier has an additional fixed / separate
crew inventory slot ("Quarters") which can only have crew in it (and no crew in general inventory) which, again can be
sorted by level / XP / +skill buffed etc. Give the item class quarters a separate selection of possible bonuses. e.g.
10% passive XP gain, 20% synergy bonus if all same race etc etc. In fact, I'd suggest adding a new ship tier entirely for
crew: at the moment, levelling / having crew equipped is the best meta-game plan, meaning that a lot of the secondary /
tertiary items are never used. See the next point: (Boink)
* make sure skill levels up also
* unique crew
* can have slave crew? happiness irrelevant? makes slave races happier and freedom races unhappy? especially slave of their
* young crew - it does have race name
needs to save race name
needs to use saved names
save/load stuff correctly
needs to send to client correctly
needs to send over to server when connecting correctly
* Possibility for finding a race's crew, and holding them hostage for a ransom? (Sharp)
(so could either "donate" to a planet from that race for a quest complete, or be a dick and "trade/sell" the crew to
the race, which would make them not like you as much)
I'm not sure I got that across properly, but hopefully someone can get what i mean
I guess would be an evolution of rescue quests
* more crew drops and/or more crew available for hire at planets
* would be really nice if could get crew or even start as random races (not sure feasible)
* get a bonus with your race? get a bunch if you have some of their crew (that aren't slaves)?
* need to be able to get crew from young races (entry for each one, and need to store a name seed)
* giving a matching crew to race should boost relations
* giving a crew from race that they are war with makes them happy and the other race unhappy
* be able to sell crew to slavery races
* treat crew like NPCs in our other games? complex interactions? personalities?
* Crew interactions could be expanded. For example, they could build up skills (like in FTL), and be placed on equipped
items (like lasers or engines or power) to improve them. (Bluddy)
* have a crew stash which is really a small station? still have happiness and need to pay occassionally
* Giving spies the ability to steal jump gate activations would make a ton of sense and make them a more useful tool for
players trying to wipe out a hostile empire. (Eris Shrugged)
* Totalitarian and paranoid races will try to flush out races a lot more often, and it's hard to build effective spy
networks for those races.
* Additionally, your improving relations with a faction/race (pact, alliance etc) would require meeting with their
representative, who would come to your camp. Other factions/races could try to intervene and stop it just as you can,
so long as they have a spy either in your camp or in the other party's.
* Also, sometimes races/factions can solve their own quests. Currently this is done with timers and randomness, but it'd
be even better if they'd send out someone/some ship to do it -- at least for some quests. For example, a quest
requiring medicine delivery could, after a timer expires, spawn a ship delivering that medicine, which would be
visible via spying. You can race against the ship and try solve the quest yourself, or you could destroy that ship,
making sure the quest fails so that you get the bad result. This system therefore empowers you to either use quests
for good or for ill.
* should get relation bonus if within range when a colony ship colonizes a planet (assumes you escorted it there) (also
diplomatic, freighter, cruise ships)
* Diplomacy involving 3 or more parties needs improvement. Right now I can be called to a defensive war by my hippy pacifist
allies, but once I've ground the evil imperial aliens into dust and made them ready to surrender my only real options are
to wipe them out myself or wait and let my allies get around to it, eventually, maybe. There is no way to get my allies
directly involved with a peace agreement, so if I show mercy by taking the enemies as a tributary, my former allies will
now hate me for having an agreement with someone they're at war with. (Lowen)
* I can ask them to make peace after, but they'll probably say no because they'll hate the 3rd party for declaring war on
them, plus they'll see how weak they've become and value peace that much less. Never mind that they're a pacifist and the
player (me) was the one that did all the work. That's assuming they don't instantly declare war on me. (Lowen)
* Even something as simple as getting two factions to like or dislike each other is a massive chore involving many clicks using
the espionage system. (Lowen)
* Also, I don't seem to be getting any money from them. Shouldn't they be sending some credits my way periodically? Was
expecting to see my credits count tick up occasionally? (Exgene)
* Got my first tributary the other night. It seems to have forced their attitude to 0 - never really grows past that. Since
they are not aggressive I guess I could live with this, if not for the second aspect, below. (Exgene)
* There is definitely needed expansion to Vassal/tributary/protectorate options. (AlCool)
Tributary could be based on races fear of a player or another faction (A new stat). Potentially that would allow a player
or enemy race beat another race into submission, leaving a race with a last desperate option to prevent destruction.
Vassal could be based on a similar stat. Races would then be able to offer themselves as a vassal or tributary to another
race or the player.
* Drox2: When you help rebels on planet X of race Y you will loose relation with race Y when solving. However any allies of
Race Y will be happy somehow (Xrayfk05 (Joost))
* wouldn't allies help primitives level up?
* In the current 0.815 relations math seems broken at high (60+) levels. Currently getting 0.004 for decent planet info &
the rate of decay is off the charts - +1.5 from a clearing mission lasts approx 2 min real time before it decays. Makes
actually playing anything barring aggressive / Guild almost impossible. (Boink)
System is level 68, normal sized universe, races = 6; the races in question (Cortex, Dryad, RNG with Freedom/Xenophile/
Radical Pacifist) are benign / should hold relations well, doing all their missions (they're Allied / friendly to each
other) ... and I cannot (even doing *ALL* the missions) keep their relations above 60. The decay is just too high.
I know rumors exist, but this is plain unfun / broken atm. From memory (which might be incorrect) but DO1 had a 'flat base'
which you couldn't decay past if you didn't 'break the level' via a negative action for the positive diplomatic relations.
e.g. if non-aggressive then decay =/= drop below 60. Please add this (at least for races without negative traits) as at the
moment (although I will try) it looks like a diplomatic victory is impossible at higher levels.
Suggestion: at the very least, benign races (e.g. with pacifist trait) shouldn't take the negative penalty to relations if
you do a **non-hostile** mission for a enemy / non-friend. e.g. any 'humanitarian' mission type (crops, clouds, drought etc).
* I'm still wondering how much more you'll expand on the new treaties - Protectorate, Tributary, Vassal - it seems a bit
weird how factions want or not want (or how much they charge) to get into such a deal. I'd really like to get into
Protectorate more, but it feels races are a bit resistant. (Gabriel Carvalho)
* And the thing is when you have a surplus of relation and they see you as powerful, you can extort them more easily. You may
lose relation in the process, but you can easily gain them back since they still give out so much relation for each
* I remember Economic victory being usually impractical, but the last few sectors I've won with Economic before I've even got
to do a lot of things, and only walked into 2 systems including the starting system and not even explored the second one
that much, because extorting a few races and selling all the loot is enough already to get Economic victory. The other
objectives then become irrelevant since I win even without intending to far before any of the other victory objectives is
halfway complete. The guild quests are way out of consideration since it's no longer worth for any reason. (Verdusk)
this shouldn't be true, getting extra credits and relation for quests?
* Protectorate seems useless? I can't work out the effect it has, and it doesn't even give you the benefit that the
non-aggressive-pact gives you, by showing you where all their planets are. I was trying to do a delivery to one of their
planets to terraform or something and I had to break the protectorate, take the rep hit, then do a non-aggression-pact to
find out where it was. This seems like a bug to me. (Darke)
* or even blowing them up. if there are no witnesses, they should think the enemy did it. that's the kind of
interactions I want. (diplomat ship) (Bluddy)
* I'd forgotten about that and totally agree. It'd be nice if they would consider more factors than "we hate them" in
declaring war. At least I'd love to see a little more weight to things like fleet strength so weak races don't
start a war with stronger races unless they've got friends involved already or their opinion of them is rock bottom.
* asked races to declare war against others that they hate but were in a protectorate agreement and they'd accept the
trade but nothing would happen (HoboElf)
* Currently i am in a protectorate with race A (And have been boosting them with free tech). (Excellion)
Race A on turn became a protectorate overlord for race B.
As Race B was in the way, i declared war on them to remove their simple planet from existence. What occurred after
that, was that the game reported that "Race A honored protectorate with race B, declaring war on Drox Operative
(Or rather, my faction)"
Checking the races screen does not reflect this. My relation with race A is still good, and there is no sign of us
actually being at war (Which leads me to believe this war message currently triggers incorrectly in this specific scenario).
* shouldn't be able to buy your way into a race becoming a vassal, tributary, or protectorate
* [0.801] - (Bugreport) - Race relationship is gained for peace offers, even if the race's federation refuses to accept. (Excellion)
When a race is in a federation, it cannot accept a peace offer on its own unless the federation agrees. In this case
the race itself can accept the offer, though the game will then display a message indicating the federation did not
accept the peace offer (Leaving the race at war).
When this occurs the player still receive the relationship gain for a successful trade with the petitioned race (0.6
or so relationship increase per trade). Afterwards the peace offer can be repeated infinitely to for effectively
unlimited relationship gain with said face.
That said i'm not entirely sure of about practical implication of this, as relationship with a race is capped at 52.5
when at war. If a race would ever accept having to pay credits for peace i suppose this could be exploited to gain
money. Same if the relationship is applied retroactively if peace is established. But if neither of those are
possible i don't see a real scenario where this relationship gain can be abused.
* Jackrel also mentioned (as in someone else already has) maybe some quests that might effect everyone like
uniques/bosses should not have a relation drop from other races
* As discussed on #drox-operative2, races shouldn't be able to pay each other to break agreements so easily. This requires
some more mechanics though: a reputation score, which races (and the Drox) would really not like to lose. If a
race's/your reputation is low, nobody will want to make deals with you. You're untrustworthy -- independent of
relations. Reputation should slowly move towards trustworthy over time as you don't do sneaky stuff (same for
race). Some races (like Shadow) should have a propensity for being shady and they wouldn't be trusted. They
backstab at a moment's notice. Most races would really care about keeping their reputation. Low reputation could
also reduce trading income with other races, and raise prices (they don't trust you with any deal). An untrusted
race would have a hard time getting an alliance, but could probably be trusted with lower treaty levels.
- More about relations: I don't know how it is right now, but races who aren't competing with each other for
space/planets shouldn't necessarily hate each other unless they have opposed philosophies. No reason for races
on the opposite ends of the galaxy, and who never meet each other, to be at war. (Bluddy)
* For the AIs themselves it makes some sense (relation degredation). You're simulating their relations, and those are
based off of nothing: they're not really carrying out any actions. So you have to perturb the system in different
directions. Actually that makes me wonder: are the AIs more likely to fight when they're vying to conquer the same
planets? Do they need anything more than each other's contacts, even if they're on opposite ends of the sector? I
wonder what the level of simulation is. (Bluddy)
* make it easier to build up relations with young races? and harder for ancients?
* One step at a time right? I'll one up this one. My ally keeps federating with his enemy he has 0 relations towards
(lol!?), causing him to declare war on me. But since our relations are still at 100, I immediately negotiate a
peace treaty and alliance, which sets my relation to the other guy in the federation to 50. Then my ally immediately
dissolves the federation to declare war on his enemy again. This has been looping non-stop for the past couple hours
in my most recent sector. I think it might be because they're both friends with a fanatic pacifist who declares war
on people but not really (like you say above). (The Grand Mugwump)
* It is currently almost impossible to maintain good relations with the empires you start next to if they start small.
They simply don't have the planets and systems to issue enough quests to overcome the natural penalty over time to
relations. I finally tried a developed sector and there were enough quests for me to ally with whoever I wanted
immediately available in just the starting system alone. So the relation degradation was a non-issue
there. (The Grand Mugwump)
I feel a good solution to this would be to make the relation degradation scale with how powerful an empire is. Weak
empires would try to gain favor with the drox operative to gain an edge, so I feel it would be neat if relations
with them automatically improved over time (except for xenophobic and militaristic being too proud for it maybe)
to counteract the utter lack of quests while they're still small. It also makes sense because a weak empire would
have no reason to declare war on a drox operative they have no hope of defeating, and every reason to try to win
them over or at least avoid open hostilities.
Meanwhile, strong empires you are not allied with would begin to view the drox operative as more of a liability than
an asset and relations would degrade more quickly if you don't have any treaties with them. I don't know how you
measure the strength of empires in your coding, but it could be something like "if empire has less than 5% of the
planets in a sector, then they suck up to the drox" or something. And xenophobes would probably just prefer to remain
neutral until they get stronger. The percent might need to be higher for a tiny sector or it could just be "if they
have less than 5-10 planets". That'd probably be more straightforward.
* War fatigue. After being at war for a long time, assuming sufficient losses are incurred, an AI should sue for peace.
It could offer to trade money or even a few planets if necessary. (already there but needs to be better) (Bluddy)
* Suing for peace. A race that's incurring heavy losses should sue for peace at all costs, begging for mercy, and
perhaps offering to become a vassal/tributary. (In fact, this is one of the few situations that should allow for
these kinds of arrangements IMO -- doing it randomly feels weird). (Bluddy)
* Not at all unrelated, the ability to cajole empires into getting along in a way that isn't RNG-driven would be very
helpful in pursuing diplomatic wins. (Eris Shrugged)
* it is common for races to be at war with everyone (like Drakk). This isnt a realistic scenario given that it will
often lead to that races downfall as theyre attacked by everyone everywhere. Create more natural friends? (Annex)
* a race will request, and often spam with requests to break treaty with X race when youre allied with X but at war
with the race doing the requesting. Such a request makes zero sense as there is no benefit to the player to do so.
Recommend either make such requests only appear if the requesting race isnt at war with you, OR make the benefit of
such a request that the requesting race immediately cease war with you and get relations to say 50. Then you can
effectively terminate one alliance/treaty and start working with the opposing race. (Annex)
* Rather than using money to get factions to go to war or to come help you out against a faction, you could use diplomatic
favor. I think this is especially important given how money can just accumulate between worlds, whereas diplomatic
favor is a faction-specific currency that only builds up in the current world. Doing quests for a faction would give
you diplomatic favor, but only once you've reached a certain threshold of relationship. It would make it important to
invest in relationship with a faction, because you can't just pay them off to do something -- they have to trust you
and believe in you, and that's represented by diplomatic favor. (Bluddy)
this is kind of like influence which we did in DoP
* Currently, there's not that much of a downside to building relationships with factions. What if factions occasionally
gave you one of their quests as a request? They'd expect you to fulfill that quest before it fails, and would be
disappointed if you messed up, eating up some of your diplomatic favor currency with them (if you have any) and
worsening your relations somewhat. The stronger your relationship with them, the more often they'd give you these
mandatory quests to carry out. This would make it difficult to maintain alliance with more than one faction at a time.
Rather than just doing things at random and then seeing if you've accomplished anyone's quest, you'd have to target
the things your allies want first, and balance that out with your own critical quests. (Bluddy)
* Relationship breakdown: it's great that you can see the relationship breakdown between a race and yourself (ie. why they
have the current relationship number towards you). I'd also like to see it between 2 other races. It's annoying to
spend hundreds of credits on a negative rumor, only to not see it influence anything. At least if you knew why a
race's relationship was improving with another race, you could figure out what to do about it.
* Differentiate between faction-advantaging and general-welfare missions. Helping an enemy faction finish their research
or colonize a planet should piss off my allies, yes. Killing a monster boss who's planning on killing everyone or
destroying a device causing ion storms everywhere shouldn't make my allies angry just because the unpopular kid
* Currently, the only main ways to influence races negatively without fighting them is is via propaganda/sabotage/
espionage. The percentages for success for these items are far too low IMO. 90% for a well-crafted effort seems
high, but with a 10% chance of failing, you'll only be able to do a few of these before you're caught and eventually
the race will declare war on you. (Bluddy)
* For a well crafted plan, the percentage should be much higher -- around 96-98%. It should almost be a given that it'll
work, and if you have the money to spend, it should take many, many tries before you get caught. This is the only
way currently to try to take down a strong race other than declaring war on it, and even this method is slow and
* The low-effort plan is also far too weak IMO. 50% is just a coin toss -- it's not even worth the money. I would
recommend percentages for all plans to be pushed up to something like 70%/85%/98%. (Bluddy)
* does giving tech to primitive help them reach space age quicker?
they should get a big boost in research towards next age if they have high level tech
* Found a bug, seems like the randomly generated alien races can't use there race ability, Example, this random race got the
'Scavenge' ability, but it does not work when you try to use it. but still a great idea! (MaDDworlD)
hmm.. actually some items can be scavenged, but some can't... but i don't see why.. for example, my Energy Leecher IV can't
be scavenged, but my freezer weapon can. very odd. could it be because im a high level ship in a low level secor?(ship 45,
sector level 18, lol im farming) (MaDDworlD)
* need to move InvisibleDistance from race npc archetype to status effect
* Had similar experience, tried to make someone declare war, relation was 10ish. The problem was the race was in the
Federation, and other members had good standing with race I needed to make war with, they didn't allow to initiate
war. Bug is - you get trading standing for successful trade, and can do it again and again, coz war doesn't
start. (Sent Ernit)
* Suggestion: Demand system expansion. (AlCool)
Demand has always been a hard to understand option when using diplomacy. Would love to see a feature to threaten another
race instead (By offering something in exchange for NOT going to war with them, or for peace from a war they are
currently losing). Similar to the previous suggestion of a fear stat, allowing the player and other races to give others
an ultimatum. Threats could then be given a timer for the race/player to respond, and if they fail to or do not give in
to the threat, whatever the threat was will happen.
Example: A race threatens another race to give them money, and if the other race doesn't comply they will declare war on
them. The other race then decides how they will respond.
* scavenge service of some races only produces level 1 items of certain item types even when playing a 60 lvl ship in a
60 lvl sector. (heavy armor & damage control) (Smogg)
* espionage should get bonus if done on tech planet? or one a planet that has a tech rate higher than race average?
* rumor gets bonus if on bigger than average planet for that race? (population wise)
* Races don't seem inhabit planets even when there are literally like 5 planets right next to them. I don't know if this is
related to planet conditions or politics though. Just seems weird. (Destro)
* Further experimentation with demanding credits yielded the interesting fact that I can just demand credits from races that
completely hate me and I am actively destroying. This is probably a bug, rather than a feature. (Eris Shrugged)
* Incorrect war declaration messages when a race with an existing war joins a federation. (Excellion)
01:15:06 - Dryad joined Lithosoid's Federation
01:15:06 - Dryad joined Okul's Federation
01:15:06 - Okul declares War on Nimitz
01:15:06 - Lithosoid honors Federation with Okul, declares War on Nimitz
Before joining the federation, the Dryads and myself were at war. The logs suggest that Dryad joined a federation with
the Okul and the Lithosoid, which led to them both declaring war on myself.
However, this is not the case on the relations screen. On the relations screen both Okul and Lithosoid are not at war with
me. An somehow the pre-existing war with the Dryads is gone as well (All three races are now at peace with me, and in a
federation with each other).
* Another issue with diplomacy is that you can demand empires dry out of money if you do it right. I had 200k but spent over
a million in services, then I'd demand the money back and pretty much use OP services for free. (Gabriel Carvalho)
* I almost don't want to report that because I sort of love the ability to 4X-Exploit the empires if I want to, so I'm not
even sure how I stand on that. Part of me just wants to see it as a feature (Gabriel Carvalho)
* race policies: it would be interesting if different races occasionally made decisions about policies other than just
conquering planets and attacking races (they currently sort of do with building stations). These events would particularly
make end-game (of sectors) interesting, sparking new quests from the Drox guild and from races. (Bluddy)
* Holy crusade: a religious race could decide it had to conquer certain planets (especially ones previously owned), or decimate
certain races. (Bluddy)
* Evil empire: a militaristic xenophobic race, once powerful enough, could decide it wanted to eliminate all life in the
* Secret weapon: a technologically advanced race, once threatened and weak, could try to build a secret weapon that destroyed
* Slave gathering: a strong slave-oriented race would try to enslave most of the sector. (Bluddy)
* Federation policies: federations would have more meaning if they met and made decisions every certain amount of time. They
could have a list of policy choices, such as food being provided by one member to another, or an embargo on a race, etc. (Bluddy)
* add a step past vassal for slavery races?
* if you failed to protect your protectorate, you'd immediately lose a ton of relationship with other allies because people
expect you to protect your protectorate (Bluddy/DysDaemoN)
* I would like to be able to buy decent selection of chips from 1 race, human maybe , because gamble is quite useless. Also you
should be able to hire crew from race you are playing, it is especialy dificult to get any crew for subraces and you are
often doomed to play with default crew member if u pick subrace. (planetnik6)
* A new spy service (from race) that reveals where all the planets of a race is. (Verdusk)
* A new service that provides temporary buffs your ship. Buff varies according to the race. (Verdusk)
* Transaction to have one of their ship become your party member, maybe temporarily, can be cancelled and lose relation if
it dies (Verdusk)
* Potential service: Cheaper shops. So whatever they sell at their planets is cheaper than elsewhere (Dragonface)
* Since this patch: Rizak ships can now be 100% invisible always even when right on top of them. Watching planets get scanned
on a brand new sector by their ships. Sound and scanning animation is there but no ship! (Annex)
* Imagine if gifting Insecticide to the Hive got them pissed at you (Sharp)
* should protectorates give overlord lots of gifts?
* be able to vouch for an ally? uses up some of your influence relation and adds it to the ally?
* No ability to influence your ally’s actions, so games take longer than they should
* One particularly frustrating moment had me in a 3 vs 2 alliance. Despite one of the two enemies being significantly
weaker, down to just a few planets that were heavily guarded, my allies decided to keep sending colony ships and
escorts through the heart of the stronger enemies empire, getting their warships and colony ships destroyed needlessly.
Sadly, my ship was not equipped to take on the 12-15 defenders they had guarding their final two planets since they
were so close together both defensive fleets pursued me as I approached. I instead had to tend to matters elsewhere,
which allowed them to colonize and build themselves up once again.
* sometimes an ai won't stop scanning & then shooting ballistic and going back and forth
* Some variance in the ship sizes for each empire: i.e. a random chance of 1-2 hull size variance for each ship (the
empires should still field equal weight of ships on average). I.e. I found it strange that an entire race's fleet
were all identical ships...
* intelligence sharing, research treaties, embargo, attack planet, defend planet, make peace with, surrender
* build a description from random races based on traits & random background?
* human ships stuck at planet they destroyed (stuck in AttackPlanet behavior) - no where else to go?
* Eliminated by random race doesn't show race name (probably need to save actual String)
* primitives - need more ways to gain tech levels - getting components or tech from others
bool ActorCovenant::addTechnology( DatabaseEntry* technology )
* turn on better pleas for help? - getPleaForHelpChance stuff
* First bug-when i wasn't at war with ancient race few of their planetary defence ships fire at me with no reason. (Mithur)
* it not a bug but mostly a misviewed thing(it was also in expansion to Drox 1) of ancient races-when they expand they
empires, their planets/ships wont been attacked by monster ships. (Mithur)
* can I do at least a color variation for different races using same ships? a random color variation would be cool
* make ancients a little more rare?
* how does your character fit in with all of this?
based on your actions?
science people respond well to tech
economy people respond to money
pacifists like protection (dislike when you war or destroy ships/planets)
* races should like when you have crew of their race & maybe dislike when you have crew of enemies (unless slaves)
* if keep track of individual pops
planets could have mixed races (harmony, tension, slaves, etc)
could have slave pops and could free them - how do you free them as opposed to killing all pops on the planet?
slave pops could be being worked
slave pops could be waiting to be eaten
* will retrofit ships
* mining stations can be built on non-colonized planets, large asteroids, stars, black holes, etc.
* Transfers between planets could happen with 'dummy ships' that aren't really created using resources, but just represent
the transfer of goods and enable you (or monsters) to intercept them.
* would need to have patrol ships along shipping lanes
* can only sell crew to slave races
* race splits can also result in random race that partially matches original
* the ingame random race icon might need testDepth
* do list & processShaderMustLoadFirst correctly for random race icons?
* cruise ships going through hostile territory don't make sense. Would be better if they "patrolled" the system they
started out in visiting the various planets there. This way theyre more realistically within that races
* races often have their economy collapse whereby they just stop building ships. Planets will show a new ship to be
built in 3 HOURS (Annex)
* discussions of treaty/protectorate/vassal status should require a diplomatic mission that I could sabotage. (by
blowing up the diplomat) (Bluddy)
* Even after you've found everything, you might get a quest to kill x number of a type of space monster and there's nothing to
tell you where you can find some of that monster spawned. Just wandering around the system looking doesn't seem like good
gameplay design to me. (Lowen)
* ProjGeomagneticStorm - yellow - already there but not used? weapon?
* any type of space object can have an anomaly version (mines)?
* more space anomalies - wormholes, stasis pod
dimensional rift - open a dimensional portal?
* weird energy emission in space - turns out to be a cloaked planet, everyone gone, or ancient race was trying to hide
but shielding failed
ancient empire/ship - one of the ancients
works same as primitive?
communications array - gives random race contacts (if any left unknown)
pirate base - pirate station? brunt/pirate planet/ships?
* maybe can click directly on enhancement icon to scan that specific anomaly
* quest starts - like found racial artifacts that you can return
Monoliths - quest to figure out what it is?
Mysterious Object - quest to figure out what it is?
can find artifacts of races in the game - can give them back (gain relation) or sell them
* unique planets
* Stash/shared stash out in the middle of nowhere - I had a group of named enemies chasing me outside the bounds of the system
and for some reason my ship stash and shared stash are sitting out there, on top of one another. Fully usable. Probably a
* The unstable wormhole anomaly could have some kind of animation or effect that gives the player a cue for when the
teleportation event is going to happen. As matters stand, you can scan it, fly away, fly back to it, and sometimes get
teleported if you time it right, with no real idea what the timing is supposed to be. Some visual event would make this
experience feel much more polished. (Eris Shrugged)
* need more cool objects - electric storm, tornado type things
storm that slows everyone down
storm that removes or eats shields
magnetic storm, geomagnetic storm, gamma rays, microwave burst, x-ray burst,
electromagnetic storm, Lightning storm, energy vortex, Cosmic string, phasing storm,
* Pockets of nebulas where ships are completely undetectable for example (Bluddy)
could make it if ship is in it they go stealth
* 'walls' of deadly radiation that prevent your sensors from seeing what's beyond them (Bluddy)
* pockets of space where Talon gets buffed/lasers/missiles are stronger/weaker. (Bluddy)
* How about a nebula/cloud area that prevents shield regen inside, or halves energy regen. An area that reduces the
range of laser weapons (i.e. increases the damage falloff) or acts similar as a gravity field, slowing projectiles
noticeably (but not ships). A nebula that vision range is reduced so you don’t spot ships until they’re closer,
somewhat similar to stealth. (KevinC)
* New Anomaly: Random chunk of a map is explored? Semi-random, focused around revealing planets and unknown races? (Jean)
just the planet/gate revealing part
* death anomaly areas. Others are filled with anomalies that boost speed. Others make everything hidden, so you can't see
the enemies until you're on top of them. Others sap everybody's energy so it's hard to even fire guns (for enemies as
well). Others keep bouncing you around the map (like the ones we have now, but in large areas of the map). Others make
every ship huge. etc. An anomaly-making machine quest could also exist: an anomaly introduced to a system could devastate
or boost it and the races within. I should add one more thing: I envision the anomalies taking up large chunks of the
map -- not isolated little spots (with random variation -- sometimes it could be little spots). A huge blob of radiation
could lie in the middle of a system. This is what makes it interesting. It's essentially the 'terrain' of space, with each
terrain type having other effects. (Bluddy)
* I think the main thing in my suggestion is that they can make systems interesting. A system with a huge patch of gamma
radiation anomaly will have a dead zone there that needs to be avoided. A system with patches of size-changing anomalies
will have potentially very dangerous monsters coming out of those patches. The idea is to add interesting effects +
make different parts of space interesting. (Bluddy)
This idea exists in DL to some degree in the form of totems and altars with aura, but can be used to a stronger degree
in a game that needs help with memorable maps like Drox.
* but the other part of the idea is that anomalies are always active and take up large swaths of the map. In this way,
space isn't just normal space with things in it. It's space with weird modifiers in large chunks of it. (Bluddy)
* There could be an anomaly-creating machine (if there isn't one already). (Bluddy)
* Nice to see your ‘terrain’ suggestion of different nebulas having unique properties – that’s one I had in mind as
well. Being able to sneak up to a planet following a ‘stealth’ nebula would be neat, as would an added travel speed
* So flying through an anomaly field would be potentially dangerous in that they could debuff or damage you from
* quests can start from anomalies (planet and space)?
like find an artifact from a race in the game and bring it back to them (higher chance for ancients, none for young)
lost sacred text, lost freighter, lost diplomatic crew
* Can we keep a faster shield and energy recharge by staying at ancient recharge stations? The passive boost is nice,
but it takes a long time after a heavy battle to get charged back up, so say it gave a 2% boost while touching it,
along with the 2% passive boost? You can already do that at planets by touching a recharge station then talking to
a planet. (Fulano)
* unstable wormhole needs to show some kind of effect even if you are out of range
* unstable wormhole should probably teleport other things also if it doesn't already
* can't destroy asteroid with a missile (I think the asteroid destroys the missile)
* giant stationary asteroids that work like planets?
* do solar flares from stars that can hit ships?
*Better info for player*
* be able to get planet status from just highlighting planet in main game, minimap, and world map?
* tell ship costs?
* time estimate of 0:00 not helpful
* There isn't enough info about the 4x game, and the text log is inadequate. The maps are the best interfaces for
showing this info (much like the Master of Orion galaxy map). The galaxy map should show not just which race is where,
but also icons showing how many planets each race has at each system, whether an attack is happening, etc. Mousing
over the icons would give more details. The system map should show which race owns which planet, and mousing over the
planet should give more info about it. The amount of info could on the map could be limited by your contact, level of
spying on a race etc. (Bluddy)
* Maybe a two-way Free Info Pact where they'll just share vision and exploration of all their planets and ships. (Verdusk)
* And well, it's kind of weird when they ask you to protect a planet, but don't tell where the planet is, apart from which
system it's in. Maybe if your relation is high enough, they'll tell where the planets are that need help. (Verdusk)
* Diplomat ships should be sent for every racial diplomatic action: gifts, but also agreements, vassalization etc. If you
blow them up with no witnesses, you get to mess up whatever they were working on. (Bluddy)
* You'd need a way to get info about planets of your enemies as well (normally the icon would change to attack and you
wouldn't be able to interact with it). (Bluddy)
* wish could start big space battles on purpose or know when and where they are happening
* be able to coordinate and get reports of fleet activity so you can join in big battles?
* It'd be nice if there were alternative options as well. Like buying/selling maps with the races, and "Ancient
Navigation Buoy" you can interact with to get a map of the zone, and/or increased visibility within the zone,
and/or revealed points of interest, etc... (Espr)
* getting info on fleets, scouts, colony ships, supply ships could be interesting especially if
destroying them mattered & spies could increase chance of getting info, also allies and their
spies could impact, if do would make sense to have more opportunities to use this, diplomatic meetings, etc
* So another note for Drox 2 is: give the player some notion of what they can do to help with elements of the 4x. For
example, all the player needs to know is that minerals are used for building ships, and population and planet-specific
stats affect mineral production. Unfortunately Drox doesn’t tell the player anything about this stuff
* planet list - Within this UI, hovering over the planet would show you additional information, such as the quests available
at that planet.
*left click from A should be a bit loose (easier to pick up items)
need better item pickup/use when pressing a (needs to auto target a little)
*add acceleration to mouse move from controller?
*do I need to be able to select self? was added for things like healing spells
hitting a when planet is selected will just select player, and next a press will work
* joystick problem person (Kruno Saho)
I have many plugged in at once (4+), that isn't even including all the wireless controllers (20+), in total I have
about 50-60 controllers. This isn't an issue in other games because under USB Game Devices I set a recommended pad
and that is the one that games always use.
DS4; Bluetooth (basically a PS4 controller)
I am using DS4Windows for that controller.
Linux lose joystick - https://wiki.libsdl.org/SDL_JoyDeviceEvent - LinuxInputSystem::joystickEvent
* primitive icon on relation screen?
* Biggest Accomplishment on congrats screen blank, next game it was a deliver diplomat quest
* Menus still look a bit small on higher resolutions (scourge69)
* Anyone mildly annoyed by the fact that you can’t install or examine equipment in the trade screen? I mean, you can place it
in a slot or right click, but nothing starts until you exit the screen. (RichVR)
* I'd like to suggest having the inventory sorting options available for the player stash. (Chaos Marine)
* Suggestion: monitor select on linux (Gabranth)
Hi is it possible to add an option to select which monitor to use as the game refuses to use my main display when in fullscreen.
* Possible bug with diplomacy (Dreepa)
I had the message "Federation is stopping Brutes from going to War with <Playername>" come up every 20 seconds on repeat,
I think it has to do with the federation of 2 factions, where 1 faction was my tributery, and the other faction of the
federation always wanted to declare war on me. But probably the tributee faction stopped them from going to war. So it
was always that message over and over.
* Relation messages always adress "Playername" which is weird in multiplayer (Dreepa)
It is unclear if diplomacy is only per player, or for all players, because when you make a treaty the message is: "Faction
has signed <treaty> with <playername>".
When in fact, it is for ALL DROX players in the game.
So maybe replace the playername with "Drox Collective" or something, to make clear it affects all coop players.
* When you have an impact analisys equiped, you can not right-click one in your inv. to replace the current one. (Says you
allready have one eq) (Xrayfk05 (Joost))
* random images (here scavenger logo) can be shown when hovering over a starlane warp point. The image shown depends on your
position or your distance so this one seems scary to me (potential pointer corruption?) (Pimgd)
* It would be nice to be able to press enter on screens with just one button, such as after trading and getting a reply
from a race and an 'ok' button. (Bluddy)
* Option to remove pause in-game needed - It is getting tiring pretty fast , that every time I click on a planet to talk or
trade , the game goes on pause ..... by Forced pauce . (lbhgaming)
We have to get an option somewhere in the game , to remove that pause .
You can´t even identify items , while in trade menu .
* found primitively instantly when clicking on planet
* doesn't tell me what I get per command point (on command stuff)
* when highlighting planet knowledge in trade screen should give known data about it when highlighting it (maybe use the current
race as perspective to show how valuable it might be to them)
* when highlighting a planet on map, give info on it
* A suggestion for filters: planets that would suit a certain race for it to settle on. i.e. you filter by Hive, for
example, and see only the planets that Hive could live on. (Bluddy)
* encountered a race called virivok which had no portrait (Smogg)
* There's got to be a better way to do this (FDru)
So when salvaging items, they populate the store slots in a totally random fashion it seems. So when it fills a slot that's
already filled with the same item, there's absolutely no way to tell if it happened at all or to which slot the item went,
other than mousing over every item to see which ones have changed since the last time you executed the salvage order. This
becomes incredibly tedious very quickly. Surely there's a better way to do this...
* in one sector i played, a starlane was spawned exactly on top of a wormhole. i was not able to click the wormhole. after
saving and leaving i could not load that sector. (maybe fixed. happened using the previous version) (Smogg)
* make some tech levels classified?
* Dont know whats wrong but after this patch the sector map is all smashed when you zoom in everything is overlapping other
things and sometimes the map bugs out and moves off the right side of the screen. Only fix is exit game and resume game.
Would be nice if there was a center map button or the ability to zoom in farther and move the map around. Sector map kinda
sucks on BIG games. No probs on tiny sector games. (Tantrumus)
* sometimes not the weakest component of the type, but the second-best is replaced when right clicking a new/better component
in my inventory (tested with shields) (Smogg)
* I've been having a problem opening the sector map and the map just shoves off the screen to the right.
No idea what is happening there. Really begging for a CENTER map button/keybind. It doesnt happen every game but when it
does I usually have to exit out of the game and back in. No combo of zoom out seems to work. (Tantrumus)
* planet menu
list of races like message options that can turn each one on/off - bottom left (these show race highlight text?)
permanent status effects?
on unowned planets show rates for max population for an average race?
* cargo bays items/total space on their actual icon can overlap some (DysDaemoN)
* If I try to use a jump gate to teleport to an uninhabited system where I don't have the gate, I am informed by the tooltip
that I'm not bound to the gate and no one inhabits the system. (Eris Shrugged)
If I do the same thing in a system which is inhabited but I haven't found the inhabitants, I'm just informed that I'm not
bound to the gate. Which means I now know the system is inhabited. Whether this is just me being clever and noticing
something subtle or an exploit is up to you.
* Load the game, open the map screen, notice your position shown by a green dot. Now, return to the main screen and zoom in all
the way. Return to the map screen and your green dot will be missing. (Eris Shrugged)
Playing with intermediate levels of zoom in the main game screen reveals what's happening - the model for the player's ship
is still being rendered on the map screen as an opaque area, and it's possible for it to cover up that green dot.
* There are cases where clicking on a portal brings up an empty sector map, which cannot be zoomed or scrolled, preventing
portal travel. Accessing your own map (set on Sector View) and then clicking on the portal fixes it. (DysDaemoN)
On 0.821 i've also had cases where the sector map invoked by clicking on the portal was functional, but trying to pan it
(by left click-dragging) instantly made it empty, unzoomable and unscrollable. It was again fixed by first setting your
own map to sector view and then clicking on the portal.
In both of those cases the issue did not persist forever; later the portal map worked properly by itself. I assume it was
fixed after discovering more destinations but cannot test it now.
* Drox 2: TimeStop Glitch: Moving while objects and projectiles are frozen, without triggering mines/wormholes (DysDaemoN)
To execute, bring up the Main Menu and spam the Pause key
Movement and steering of the ship is still possible by holding/toggling the corresponding keys
You can also shoot, but only once, before closing the Main Menu (thus ending the glitch)
Your projectiles will also stay frozen though at the position where u fired them
Also perhaps related bug: If the Main Menu is invoked while the game is paused, closing it will unpause the game
Especially annoying if the Pause key is assigned to a toggle key, like Caps Lock
* Interacting with a planet with a beam weapon equipped on left mouse can be really awkward; the game seems to very much prefer
considering a click as being an attempt to attack something, even if the target is offscreen. (Eris Shrugged)
* Bug with mouse targetting (Dalwin)
I always use the WASD keys for movement, never the mouse, but the following still occurs.
My typical configuration is to assign a rapid firing dumb weapon to the right mouse button. It needs to have a low enough
energy draw that I can fire it continuously. I then just hold down the RMB as I am moving away from a pack of chasing
That part all works.
To the LMB I often assign either a guided weapon like a simple laser or a missile. Sometimes it is a second unguided weapon
instead. Usually I do not have enough energy to continuously fire both RMB and LMB so the latter is only fired
The problem is that with the RMB firing continuously the LMB often wants to interpret the button push as a move command
instead of a fire command even though I am configured for keyboard movement only.
If I pause the RMB firing long enough to engage the LMB first, them everything is working normally again for a while.
me: I can't reproduce this. Do you have "Allow Basic Mouse Move" and "Allow Basic Mouse Target Move" options turned off?
Yes both of the mouse move options are off. This does not happen 100% of the time. It is once very few minutes, but very
disorienting when it does happen.
* "Unrest on %PlanetName%" quest did not show a green asterisk over the destination planet on the map screen, though it does
show a green asterisk over the destination system. The green exclamation point when near the planet was present.
(Low priority - the information is easily available elsewhere.) (Takarias)
* Chips contained in a hold with an empty chip slot cannot be applied to that chip slot without first being moved to a
different hold. (Low priority - easy workaround) (Takarias)
* The scanning progress meter does not hide like other HUD elements when entering the options screens while a scan is
active. (Medium priority - not exactly common, but does obscure some menu options.) (Takarias)
* Clicking on an object on the minimap (or even normal map) to auto-navigate to it would be an enormous boon. For example,
navigating to known starlanes or planets in safe systems. (Takarias)
* Related to the above, waypoints and/or quest markers could show as a translucent arrow in an area around the player. This
would make lining up to them so the player can cut across a known system much easier. (Super simple mockup that could be
made much better for final implementation here: https://i.imgur.com/M4wxKIJ.jpg ) (Takarias)
* Another possible way to do this for any object shown on the minimap would be to duplicate the icon in a circle around the
player when the mouse is hovering over the icon on the minimap - this would allow the player to line themselves up without
setting a waypoint, reducing friction. (Takarias)
* Also an 'autorun' key that eliminates the need to hold W while crossing a sector. Any manual movement input (through WASD
or clicking on an interactable entity) should cancel this behavior. (Takarias)
* Can you tell that I do a lot of traveling around and would love for it to be far simpler and more efficient? (Takarias)
* Hell, if I could just plot a course and let it go, I would. I understand that's a much more complicated system to
implement, and not every player would want the same things out of it. (Do you want to favor jump gates, or stick to
starlanes to save money, for example. Also, the 'navmesh' would need to be dynamic based on known links. There may be a
two-hop way to get where you want, but the player hasn't found a wormhole that's needed for it, etc.) (Takarias)
* Even just being able to click on minimap icons directly would be a big help. (Takarias)
* There are several treaty types that, if I'm being honest, I either have no idea what they are, or just don't understand the
mechanical impact of. There doesn't seem to be any in-game explanation of what they are, so I'm basically just left to look
up definitions and hope my intuition is right, which feels a bit bad considering a large amount of player effort is
expended trying to shape these race relations. (Takarias)
- Specifically, Federation, Alliance, and Mutual Protection Pact all feel pretty identical? What is actually the
difference here, or is it just to signify a higher likelihood of two races sharing similar opinions as you go up the
- What exactly is a Non-Aggression Pact? Not being aggressive is the default behavior without a treaty, after all. (Takarias)
- Subject/Overlord. I get it, but what are the mechanical implications of this treaty? I would assume the Subject's
opinion of other races don't matter, and they always follow the behavior of their Overlord. (Takarias)
- As an example of this interpretation, the Corius are the subject of the Argora. If the Raganis declare war on the
Corius, nothing additional happens. But if the Raganis declare war on the Argora, the Corius will also declare war
on the Raganis as their overlord race bids it. (Takarias)
- Trade and Free Info Pacts. No idea what these would do. At all. (Takarias)
- War and Ceasefire are self-explanatory, but might as well have an added definition for the sake of consistency. (Takarias)
* A 'toggle fire' option would be appreciated! I find that holding the mouse during long engagements or over the course of
long sessions can flare my impending RSI. :P I could always make a macro for it on my mouse, but not everyone has that
option, and an in-game one won't cause issues while alt-tabbing. (Takarias)
* What in the world is 'tweaked find chance?' (Takarias)
* The Attack and Defense stats perhaps don't have quite the right names. They currently sound like they should determine your
damage output and reduction, which is not the case. Better names may be Targeting and Evasion. (Takarias)
* Races can be colored cyan, which is the default color for system map labels. At a glace, it looks like any cyan race
controls every planet in every system. (Takarias)
* The 'has quest available' and 'tutorial' icons are the same, but do not behave the same or indicate the same thing. This
is confusing for players that are still going through the tutorial. (Takarias)
* Inventory sort options are great - consider making them look like they belong as part of the UI - right now, they're just
sorta floating off the bottom edge. (Takarias)
* it becomes really hard to identify which races have completed quests on the quest screen when there are a lot of
primitives... because the green lines will overlap the green exclamation points. Would be nice if it were a different
color, had a strong border, or really anything to make it stand out. (Destro)
* Also, wormholes still show up on the system map, and right-clicking one you haven't been through yet lets you see the name
of the system on the far side. Which, admittedly, is only going to be useful in a handful of edge cases, but it's still
probably not intended. (Eris Shrugged)
* Delete old sectors from drop down list. If this was already a thing, I couldn't figure out how to do it in-game. (agentmith)
* I had a young race generate with no portrait. Black space on all the interaction screens. (Eris Shrugged)
* make world map look more like game when zoom 20?
* We seriously need in-game way of deleting galaxies we don't want to goto anymore. (Kurama Kitsune)
* When playing multiplayer, my fire rate while holding down the fire button (for example, linked weapons on mouse1) seems to
be somehow dependent on ping to host. I would observe the cooldown cycling, then the weapon appearing ready to fire for a
short amount of time before firing again. (lancefighter)
This is particularly weird, because It seems that if I simply mash the button, the fire rate is 'normal'ish. I am able to
set up a macro that fires my weapon similarly to singleplayer, seemingly bypassing the ping issues. My partner similarly
recognized a distinct difference in fire rate of my ship with the two methods employed.
On the other hand, my partner does not observe any delay when holding down buttons to fire his weapons. For testing, we
flipped who was hosting - I hosted a game, and was able to fire my weapons fine, while my partner joined my server and was
able to observe a small delay in his own weapons.
It is possibly made substantially worse by that I am running both a 25% and 22% weapon speed boost combined on this ship,
so the actual fire rate is very small relative to the ping (from east coast US to west coast US for the two of us).
* Some sort of visual feedback or marker would be great--especially in the maelstrom of large fights. If putting some sort of
extra ping/marker on a moving target is too much (so it's highlighted slightly after it's marked), then at least maybe some
sort of placebo status effect/debuff, saying 'targeted by fighters', or some such. (Monkeyhuouse)
* I found a planet with x4 searchable events on it. When it searched the fourth, nothing happened - there was no message,
no event spawned and the planet only displays three now. ? (Boink)
* Docked, trading - game counts me as having shot one of them, instantly war declared, mutual / alliances kick in. (Boink)
* Skill trees are not displayed for races on character creation. (Boink)
* the ancient system where missions are limited and non-sortable (barring the * to denote you're in system) is very creaky.
Could do with a much better layout. e.g. Race quests in a list on <-- side, Drox Guild quests in a list on the --> right
side with the description in the middle. Again, this is a much needed UI upgrade. For that matter, the quest box itself
needs love - we have large monitors and 4k resolutions these days, there should be a drop down tab for options. e.g. Show
10, 20, 30 missions; font/UI size, filter/sort by race / highest diplomatic score etc. (Boink)
* Should there be some visual indication that a ship is targeted? Right now if I have a couple ships on my screen and one in
particular as my nominal target, I have no real way to tell which is which. (Eris Shrugged)
* If I navigate to a race's "get quests" screen and click the "view cargo bays" button, and then hit escape hoping it'll
close them, they only close one at a time. I'm not entirely sure why this button even exists. (Eris Shrugged)
* QoL request: Separate toggle for Items and Objects (Jean)
* The map is absolutely ugly and hard to read and navigate if you are not used to "Soldak’s way". A complete redo is
"a must" IMO, for something way more clean, like most modern 4X, or AI-War2, Astrox, etc. Same goes with the
* When exploring, going out of the map is too easy. There should be a darker fog or something to clearly tell you are
out, without relying on the mini map or the blinking message. (Tchey)
* There's a lot going on with the UI and it certainly hasn't aged too well over the years. the
overly verbose bar at the bottom (I'd much prefer if I didn't constantly have a Win/Lose button for example), the
sector map being so grainy/gray/hard to read, the Diablo 1 style character sheet (Agitated Ice)
* When the minimap is over a bright white background (e.g. system's star), the edges of the explored fog of war are
splotchy. This isn't (usually) apparent when over darker backgrounds. (ScrObot)
* Need crew points upgrade confirmation button. (AHrEJl)
* Floating UI elements really don't look good. If they're there, they should be draggable around the screen (I keep
trying to move them and failing when I come back to Soldak games). But really, there should be a modal UI that takes
over a good chunk of the screen and sums up all the relevant things. For example, I didn't even know about the Bonus
character stat in Drox 1 until someone on discord directed me to it for Drox 2! (Bluddy)
* The minimap and map look too basic. (see Old World (https://images.app.goo.gl/36oZ1yR167iYe1Kf6) for an overly cloudy, but
cool effect). (Bluddy)
* The text on the map should be made to fit better. (Bluddy)
* The fog of war effect in the map could look much better (animated fog shader of some sort). (Bluddy)
* New player help being provided by the UI swarming you with "?" instead of a proper tutorial holding your hand like
a *cough* mainstream *cough* videogame would. A tutorial button leading to a small pre-made galaxy with all premade
elements and barebone scripted story covering the essentials would go a long way. (Jean)
* It is probably my age coupled with bad eyesight but I find it very difficult to see the mouse cursor (purple arrow)
on screen against the galaxy background…when targeting I sometimes loose it all together!
* show player health/energy bars on main UI?
show structure/armor/shield as 1 bar on left?
show energy on right?
* You know how Master of Orion has the galaxy map that shows you what's happening? Where the races are, where ships are
moving etc? I think the sector map needs to be improved to show this info in a clear way, based on information you're
aware of. (Bluddy)
* Additionally, when a race attacks another race, that race's ship icon should appear over the target race's planet
* Perhaps also a diplomat ship could appear over its target planet. (Bluddy)
* playing on 5120x1440 monitor
minimap is off a little bit (something is off, I can shift MiniMapMaskCenter to fix large resolutions but just breaks
for smaller ones)
and Drox background on options screen is off quite a bit
* be able to turn off specific win victories?
* Consumable items in hotbar: the item level is showing over both the slot number and stack size number, which is very
hard to read (especially with "longer" values like III or IV). I've suggested this elsewhere, but I think changing
up these consumables to not be "consumables" with a limited number of uses, but strictly cooldown based instead, and
not have item levels, but have them auto-upgrade with the level of your character or ship. Having to buy them (and
they're very cheap), dealing selling the old ones, and remembering to keep them topped up is just busy work. (My
previous suggestion was that you could only have two of the four buffs equipped/available at any given time to
introduce some choice/specialization.) If the current system remains as-is, I'd suggest changing up how the item
levels are shown to make this more readable. (ScrObot)
* Some way to quickly donate items, similar to quickly selling, would be wonderful. Maybe sales and donation could both
become mouse cursor modes? (Eris Shrugged)
* Cheap way to solve the problems of linked weapons being exactly in sync: make weapon fire rate or projectile speed mods
common. (Eris Shrugged)
* if storing string anyway, instead of race destroyed by monsters mention specific monster or monster types?
* A summary on the galaxy on some information that carry over, like what races are already extinct (especially non-random
ones), and maybe their power ranking and relation to you (Verdusk)
* Midscreen popup messages can be really inconvenient on the map screen. (Eris Shrugged)
* Hidden/pocket areas, ie a Small Hideout I found, now pop up randomly-generated system names when entering them and show as
Gate to Polibracorp or what-have-you when moused over. (Eris Shrugged)
* Jumping through a wormhole only identifies the far side of it, ie the side you arrive on. The side you left from still shows
up as Wormhole to ? until you return. If you don't return, say by finding a jump gate on the other side, it'll keep showing
up that way indefinitely. (Eris Shrugged)
* another bug which I've seen before: the first time opening a jump gate screen can sometimes center the screen really
far from the system you are, requiring you to randomly scroll until you find available systems to click. (Darkness)
* Also, if I upgrade a weapon, it would be cool if it was replaced in the linked weapon spots too. (Fulano)
* the starting inventory bag can't be dropped anywhere. (Darkness)
* The old shield equipping bug is still in this version of the game. I've not quite nailed it down to how to re-create it,
but sometimes when I have multiple shield items installed I'll right click a better shield and get the message "Can't
move component here." It might have to do with fast charge vs normal shields, but not sure. (Fulano)
* I can say if I try to right click a shield in my inventory while another shield is installing it says "Installing
component" rather than just replacing the shield that is in the process of installing. (Fulano)
* Can we have an option to have the recharge stations show up on the map please? (Fulano)
* add stuff to pick an old world & delete old world
* need a way to delete old galaxy
* Power to Defense: Sharply increases Shield regen and armor / structure repair at the cost of less energy regen and
weapon damage. (Excellion)
* Power to Batteries Sharply increases energy regen at the cost of weapon damage. (Excellion)
* Other idea might be to add something akin to the "Prayer" skill from Din's. Heavily increased regen as long as you
aren't hit or attacking. (Though that may be a bit overpowered when applied to shields or health). (Excellion)
* mousing over name of system above minimap can show that theres a quest in taht system to colonize for that race, but
when talking to that race there is no such quest found (for any system) (Annex)
* Typing text into a waypoint works but is pretty unintuitive. Being able to more explicitly select it for editing would
be nice. (Eris Shrugged)
* I agree, and I think the maps need to be spruced up. If the sector map showed you icons for each race: how many
planets are in each sector, and whether they're attacking another race (ship icons over another race's planets),
it would go a long way towards cleaning out stuff that's currently in the log and making it visual. (Bluddy)
* Simply put your fleet of ships are too squishy to make them a viable means of defense. I know you can increase their hit
points but a 30% hp increase when they have 26 hp is kind of a pointless waste of spent points. (fabulousfreep)
You need to move the damage absorb for minions skill from the top of the skill tree to the bottom to make this play style
viable. Pretty much any explosion that happens on screen is going to wipe out your entire fleet and force you to do nothing
but re-summon ships non-stop. Make it 10 / 30 / 60 / 100 % damage absorb or something like that.
* the Fighter Armor perk (in the Natural Flyers tree) that confers +% to Minion Max Health causes minions to spawn with less
then maximum shield. Specifically, while max Shield, initial Structure and max Structure are augmented properly and the
minion spawns with full structure, the initial Shield value is not augmented.
Not 100% sure this is a bug or intended, but it sure is weird. (DysDaemoN)
* Fighter DPS seems incorrect or at least quite low.
I have to make some assumptions here because i am not entirely certain of the damage calculation. But to draw a comparison
i have three similar-level parts (All require ~10 in their stat):
- A (Heavy) fighter that has 12.7 DPS
- A (Heavy) plasma cannon that has 36 DPS
- A (Heavy) missile that has 19 DPS.
I assume that damage is per fighter which would suggest about 36 DPS, but if so it seems to generally be weaker than
expected. I've tested having a triplet of (level 7) fighters attack a level 5 target and what i found is this:
- The damage per hit is generally 5-7.
- There are more than a couple shots not doing damage due to misses.
- The result is that the actual damage done is a factor lower than i would expect, and less than what comparable weapons
I believe some of the actual hit damage is lower due to the use of beam weapons. If i understand "BaseSkillDroxFighterBeam"
in "MonsterSkills.gdb" correctly then a max-range hit will do about 40% of the maximum damage. A player using beam
weapons can opt to attack at point-blank range for max damage or shoot at range for safety if needed. However, a fighter
will just pathfind and fire whenever they are able to (Leading to a noticeable DPS loss for long-range attacks).
Another factor that is odd is that the "ReuseTime" in the skill is 2.0, which indicates it can be fired every 2 seconds
(Which seems to be correct when observing fighters in game). However if that were the case each fighter hit should do
25.4 damage (2x damage per second listed). Even at point-blank range fighters don't seem to do more than 10-11 damage
or so, and this is more than i can explain by factoring damage loss due to resistances in.
All these factors combined (Damage loss at range for beams, chance to miss, likelihood that the player is using lower level
fighters due to not having found better ones) leads to a situation where fighters seem to do fairly little damage.
* As a carrier lover, I have to make a suggestion - normally we just respawn damaged fighters when we have the energy,
especially if combat is taking a toll on some of them. I fill like this encourages a reckless style of gameplay that
doesn't fit a carrier type. Modules that do things like provide boosts to fighters and the like would be really neat.
Perhaps the individual fighters could have a set of simple levels, say 1-5. They would gain experience the longer they
stayed with you without dying or being replaced. It could be something as simple as a 10% boost to shields and damage per
level, up to a realistic cap. Perhaps skills? integrated in some way that I could put skill? points into say... reduced AOE
damage for fighters from my ship? (Cory Edwards)
* higher quality fighters, with some skills boosting chance? (HoboElf)
* components that enhance fighters (shields, HP regen, damage, resistances) (HoboElf)
* Improved launching bays that reduces the cooldown/cost of launching fighters. (KevinC)
* AI Command module that increases the max fighters of each module by +1. (KevinC)
* Nanite fabricator that would repair launched fighters over time. (KevinC)
* Munitions fabricators that would increase damage of fighters. (KevinC)
* Swarm shields that provide shields to fighters as well as the mothership (albeit at reduced capacity over a typical
shield of the same tier). (KevinC)
* scavenge function on fighter bays always generates only items that have 1 fighter which is super lame as most trash
drops are at least 2 (Annex)
* fighters should get defense from your ship? (APXEOLOG)
* On the note of explosions, if it is possible it would be great to see an update to fighter AI to reduce their tendency to
group up into angry bee swarms that get wiped out by single explosive attacks (Jackrel)
* Another Idea to boost them would be to allow fighters to rank up from kills. - similar to the unit rank up mechanic
attached to monsters (Jackrel)
This would probably require a bit of doing as i was only able to get them to spawn as a higher rank at summon and never
saw them score upgrades from kills when i was tooling with my test mod. But allowing them to upgrade, if at all
possible would be a fun addition that would improve our currently generic fighters with better survivability the
longer they stayed alive.
I would say fighters may need their own rank presets though, as the generic monster ranks while being fun and amusing,
get kind of broken and overpowered once you get a fighter of rare or higher rank.
* Off the last note of fighters upgrading via kill, it would be nice if our angry little bees could persist through saves.
As it stands now when i save and exit i lose my fighters the moment i load that save game. It would be nice to be able
to keep my squadron in play between play sessions. This is honestly my last suggestion because I don't really know how
much would need to go into this to change it as its not a thing weve been able to do in previous Soldak games. (Jackrel)
if I treated them like NPCs might be able to save/load them
* By enabling the percent chance on kill that they rank up, allowing them to rng roll up to the second or third rarity
fighters would be more on par with what are still weak monsters but won't be outclassed by the simple common
* Ok. Heh. Kamikaze fighters. Ram into enemies when close to death (Jackrel)
* the other 3 are the same: summon a bunch of fighters that shoot little laser beams. Fighters and standard, interceptors
shoot faster and raiders fly faster and have a larger summon capacity. But that's it. Not very exciting. (HoboElf)
but the difference in speed values are so small that I don't notice them
* Basic fighters don't feel terrible to me, they aren't all that impressive but they don't need to be since they are
supposed to be deployed in volume, bombers could use an increase in damage per their current attack rate, and maybe
set interceptors to target missles, and such that are targeting you or on a collision coarse with you as well as enemy
But I do agree that some sort of additional buffs are needed.
Even if it's something like a crew skill or ability
* some kind of healing component is needed, but also something to buff their survi because healing doesn't mean jack if
they get one shot anyway (HoboElf)
* I feel fighters of all kinds would be better if they had something akin to the evasion stat from dl (Jackrel)
Evasion, self repair out of combat... Or at the slightest the ability to deploy them all in 1 press
* and when one fighter dies they all die at the same time (HoboElf)
the AI for fighters loves to stack on top of each other so an explosion will always wipe them out as a group
* What if the skill were setup as a reserve ability, when enabled it keeps deploying fighters that are lost, and adds
some sort of repair to fighters in an aoe around you? (Jackrel)
* fighters (LotusBlade)
- they can activate mines and die immediately, causing extra dmg to you by explosion;
- requiring a lot of energy (200+ even early game, so you need energy boost);
- have super weak dps against planets and constructs compared to any other weapon;
* Calibrated squadron weapons - increases pet dps both damage and attack speed (Jackrel)
* Was also toying with a wing leader skill for crew where you could deploy them as an attack craft that buffed other
* Oh, and I've got fighter pilot training - gives pets a chance to evade damage (Jackrel)
* It would be great if the game saved launched fighters upon quit and reload. Especially with dedicated carrier builds
resummoning the entire fleet each game load can be a pain. (Excellion)
* Things like resistance to AoE damage, refueling and re-arming, better scaling, automated launch, hotkeys for orders
and more orders in general. (Jean)
* A somewhat larger suggestion that might be fun, would be to have weapon slots on fighters. So instead of the
"default" fighter weapon, it would fire whatever looted weapon you equip on it. (Of course with some limitations
as to what can be equipped). (Excellion)
* To me personally this (along with Command) is the most important thing I'd like to see get addressed at some point in
Drox Operative 2: more build variety (some of the pet components are too similar, I'd like to see new ones with
different sizes, support/utility components for pets) and better overall gameplay/usability for pet ship builds. (Hobo Elf)
* pet builds are extremely barebones in Drox 1 & 2. There aren't many different kinds of pets, two of them are
extremely similar (Interceptor and Fighter) and there are no components that you can use to manually buff or heal
them for example. The only way you can help your pets is to use an EMP to debuff enemies. (HoboElf)
* hammerhead fighters (for player and monsters/race?)
* They should be able to go up in level if they survive long enough (i.e. they should gain xp). This gives you an
incentive to keep them alive long-term. Of course, you have to also save them on quit or this is useless. (Bluddy)
* What would work well for pets is stuff we don't have right now, but which would work well for multiplayer as well.
We don't want passive pet boosts -- those are boring. Instead, we want active boosts that affect allied ships in
your vicinity: health boosts, regen boosts, attack boosts, shield boosts etc. Basically a 'healer class' expressed
via the item system. So you're flying around boosting your pets and taking care of them. (Bluddy)
* fighters using some of the new weapons
*Newbie friendly/better explanation*
* If it ain't too much to ask, would it be possible to request an addition to the Full Help Topics menu? Something to summarize
how Fighters work, particularly what benefits they get from the player's ship. Oh, and the default(current?) hotkey for
ordering Fighters to focus on a target would be swell to have in there too. (Burden of Brine)
* Ancients have extra relationship degradation with the player. That's good, it's a recognizable mechanic, the player
can be aware that they are annoying to have a good relationship with and make strategic decisions accordingly. For
the benefit of new players, this should be advertised in more text (the Rizak description doesn't say anything much
to indicate this) and maybe also as an extra category in the Relation Breakdown screen. Right now the extra penalty
seems to be showing up under Other, which doesn't help explain what's going on. (Eris Shrugged)
* this could even allow unlocking young, random races as playable races which would result in something like DC hybrid classes
if did this each skill tree also specifies a attribute, at start get +5 of that attribute, and get +2 of that attribute per command?
* add skill descriptions
* But someone mentioned troop transports, and I wondered "What if there was a quest to help a planet's health?" (Fulano)
It could be a supply brought to the planet, or escorting a troop transport to strengthen the planet's health,
something that requires more work so it's not as easy to pull off. Something that's more likely to trigger the lower
the planet's health is and the fewer planets the race has, so it's a little easier to keep the weaker race alive.
* Bug: Passive Minion Damage Bonus Not Applying When Moving to a New Sector. (The Grand Mugwump)
I'm not sure if it's just the UI or the actual damage of the minion fighters. I noticed their displayed damage in my
inventory was waaaaay lower than it should be. When I unequip and equip them, their damage numbers are back to what they
are supposed to be. It was a bit surprising to see a level 24 fighter doing more damage than my level 33 interceptors
until I figured out this was the issue.
I also have both the passive trait for +20% minion damage and a crew member giving level 4 fighter training for +40% minion
damage, so I don't know if that overlap is contributing or not.
* The most important one is to check if the player has lost slots when their ship hull changes, and to remove items that are
equipped in slots they lost. This is necessary so that the game responds correctly to downgrades or unequipping the ship (Hashashiyyin)
* The second is that the game only seems to check to upgrade your hull when you gain Command from a skill by putting points
into it (as opposed to gaining it from a passive on an item). I'm getting round this problem by letting the player
"refresh" their hull after equipping a ship by putting points into a free dummy skill. However that's a pretty clunky
solution, so it would be great if you could add a check for hull upgrades after gaining or losing a skill from
equipping/unequipping an item. (Hashashiyyin)
* would it be fun to be able to gain these passive bonuses with racial ships to give them a more distinctive feel? I
think so! (HoboElf)
my Drakk ship specializes in Helmsmanship because they are ace pilots. In game this translates to.. better defenses
only? But what if I was able to unlock those Helms related passives that not only give me a big Defense boost, but
also Thrust. Now that'd be something. I'd possibly have one component open since I need one less Drive thanks to the
passive I have.
gives me more ship building options
* There is a passive system that rewards players with different Bonuses every 50 baseline Crew Points. This is in conflict
with Command since the player needs to dedicate the majority of their Crew Points into it. Attaining these passive
bonuses as of now is too punishing especially the higher tier ones. The highest tier requires a baseline of 250 stats.
Attaining this is not reasonable and it makes the system feel pointless. (Hobo Elf)
Investing into Command unlocks new tiers of ships and gives the player a +3 racial bonus to a Crew statistic, but this
is not baseline, which means it does not contribute to the passive bonus system.
Solutions: Make the Command stat +3 bonus baseline and/or make the bonus scaling that all races have (for example
Brunt's 50% mult per Tactical point) a baseline stat multiplier instead. This gives the player more freedom to
allocate their Crew Points into other statistics while not being punished for not putting most if not all points
The goal here is to get more use out of the passive bonus system and increase the flavor of the different alien ships
that Drox Operatives use by giving them easier access to said passive bonuses based on what they are specialized in.
Unlocking passive bonuses (such as increased Defense and Thrust with the Helm stat) theoretically functions as a new
passive component that does not need to be equipped or take up Power Load. What this can lead to is give the player
more flexibility in kitting out their ship as they may not need that extra Thruster and can instead use an entirely
different component in that slot instead.
* Fair enough! In my head I was thinking that all stats should be multipliers as opposed to flat values, which I think Tactical
behaves that way? That is, instead of 1 Computer -> 3 Attack (or whatever it is), each point of computer would add a
percentage to your attack. So a higher Computer stat would buff your +200 attack computer to be a +280 attack computer, for
example. A ship with high Engineering skill would get more mileage out of that Shield component, but every ship should be
able to put on a shield or bolt some armor on. If you eased up stat requirements on components, this would allow any ship
to equip that component and get some use out of it, just less use than someone who focused in that area and I think it
would allow me to customize my build more than I can now. I haven’t thought it all the way through, though, just kickin’
around some ideas in my head. (KevinC)
* That’s one side of my current issue with stat points. The other related point is that stats themselves only feel impactful to
me in the sense that they allow me to equip better components, but the components seem to seriously overpower the stats.
Take Computers for example, they add a small amount of Attack, right? A few points of Attack per point, I think? Meanwhile,
even low-level computers can add +300-400 attack. So my investment in Computers didn’t feel impactful beyond just being
able to equip the component itself. Or take Engineering, where it adds a small amount of energy/regen but nothing compared
to a Battery or a Battery Recharger. I think this also contributes to my feeling that I’m just using crew stats as a way
of equipping my next component upgrade. (KevinC)
* The Bonus you get for every 50 base points in a stat also feel off for this reason. Take my Drakk ship, which gains Helm
when it upgrades to the next class. These free Helm points do not contribute to the base and I think they should, because
getting those free points means I don’t have to invest as many there to equip thrusters, I need them in Tactical or
Engineering or something. I also likely have a racial crewman that is giving me that stat. So because I spend fewer points
in the stats my race ship gets a bonus in, ironically those end up being the Bonus categories I’m furthest away from. (KevinC)
* modify attack/defense a bit?
3 levels of hits - glancing (0.25x), normal, and critical (2x)
attack/defense done like normal, if "miss" it's a glancing hit
* A NPC from each faction could behave like the player, doing quests and interesting stuff around, and you could
intervene on them. Much like the "nemesis system" in Shadow of Mordor/War, but like "faction leaders" for the
current sector. If one of them died, another living ship could be "promoted" after a while.
* other mercanaries
* rogue Drox Operatives
* zealot renegades
* neutral races/fleets
* wandering neutral trading ships
* neutral planets/stations/outposts
* marauders, nomads, leviathans
* military stations/outposts (sell different things)
* races need transportation ships to move around food, minerals, and people?
* losing other planets big negative happiness
* losing ships near planet negative happiness
* in war slowly lose happiness
* bad things on planet decreased happiness also on top of their penalties?
* Any plans so windowed borderless wont deactivate HDR ? windowed lets my Color scheme stay HDR. but borderless seems to make
windows HDR cut off making everything over saturated and jarring. (Sown-Laughter)
* Graphic bug on the map when zooming in / out, black particles cover the designation on the map. With a strong distance,
some of the planets are completely covered. https://imgur.com/a/FbeKjtG (Free Fa11)
* ship models are kinda dark. sometimes hard to see when not moving (Smogg)
* When viewed against a light background - such as a system's star - the beginning of the fog of war fade on the minimap
shows some artifacting. Looks like the fade and the 100% alpha parts don't quite line up. (Low priority - purely visual) (Takarias)
* Similarly, some pixels on the edges of the minimap do not darken, or even get brighter when the fog of war is removed. (Takarias)
* Tried a Utopian ship, was immediately impressed by how much cooler the virus beam weapon looks compared to actual beam
weapons. I think I suggest applying some of those effects to regular beam weapons, at least for player weapons; the
argument would be that cool-looking effects many players don't see are wasted. (Eris Shrugged)
* change shield impact effects to be more directional?
* scale explosions based on victim size?
* put nebula's/background stuff on system map?
* I'm going to list this under bugs, even though it's not exactly that: everything in Drox 2 is too shiny. It's like
they're in the same room with a super bright lightbulb. But the sun isn't anywhere nearby. They should get that shiny
and reflective when they're close to the sun, but not when they're far away -- and most of the time in the game,
you're relatively far away from the sun. Maybe the brightness dropoff needs to be adjusted or something. It's
especially noticeable relative to the backgrounds, that don't seem attached visually -- the dark parts of planets are
also usually way too dark relative to the ambient light. Drox 1 didn't seem to suffer from this issue. (Bluddy)
* turn on bloom with low level?
* do lasers cause explosion on enemy when no shield and no death?
* build up of laser at origin point
* shield effect should scale to entity size?
* make beams have more alpha the longer they are?
* would be really cool to have lights on planets on the dark side that corresponds to tech level and population
can I do planet lights? choose which one to use based on tech level & population and use inverse of star light on that
pass (in fragment shader)
* planets rings need some work
* do we still need colorGen Planet ?
* ss0113 background doesn't tile very well
* Anti-matter fields and the lightning in nebulae flash distractingly when paused. (ScrObot)
* Oh, I had posted elsewhere... I think normal drox 2 chat that I figured out what was haunting my fps. Was
antialiasing. Seems it doesn't do anything but kill framerate (Jackrel)
* There are some background tiling issues (ScrObot)
* Suggestion: Instead of Speed = Min(100*Thrust/Mass,300), what about something like (DaviddesJ)
Speed = 600*Thrust/(4*Mass+Thrust).
This gives similar results for speed up to about 250, but then instead of a flat limit at 300 you get more of a gradual
increase. You could tweak the parameters, of course.
* For example, I would've guessed that better Radar will make the stealth enemies/races visible closer, the mines/traps that
are hard to see more visible and such - but I have no idea if this is actually the case. (ZviHantsis)
* ramming is strange on large objects like Eater of Worlds
* life leech should go to armor plating also?
* Structure Needs Some Love (Mythos)
When compared to the other stats, structure appears to be the most unappealing. Putting points into structure just give
you more structure, which is a decent last line of defense but it's pretty hard to successfully build a tank around.
The biggest issue is components take a durability hit. So builds like the Dryads that try to utilize structure are
completely wasted. You COULD find all indestructible components and still structure tank, but that's virtually impossible
while leveling and only plausible at end game.
The other issue, is the bonus structure gives is an insignificant .25 armor and .5 structure regen. Something you will
hardly notice at all.
So how about just making the structure stat a bit more appealing overall? Here are some ideas (need not all apply), feel
free to add your own:
Make structure so each point also gives some flat armor
Increase the armor and structure regen bonuses to something more significant. I don't think 1.0 armor and 2.0 structure
would be all that game breaking.
Add +resistances to the Mechanic skill unlock. This could be a flat +20 or % based. For Example +15 to thermal,
explosion, radiation, em, ect or 10%. Percentages will scale much better into endgame.
Add some kind of new component that slowly repairs the durability of your most damaged module(excluding armor modules).
This would allow structure tanking to be more viable. I'd also maybe give it a secondary benefit that adds resistances
that ONLY apply to structure.
* Restrictions on trade based on favor/alliances. (agentmith)
* Easier or alternate methods to pirate. (agentmith)
* Item or a way to keep ships from warping away through gates or wormholes? Countermeasures? I think EvE has something like
this, disrupting wormholes to trap people temporarily. (agentmith)
* Velocity inheritence - Needed for projectile weapons: Hey, a lot of 2d and 3d space combat games use velocity inheritence e
as a mechanic because it feels good, fits the "space" setting well and fixes some gameplay problems. The gameplay problem
it fixes is how you cant really play aggressive with projectile weapons right now, it's way better to just run away and
shoot your projectiles behind you while you run. It's kinda boring. Just add the ship velocity to the projectile starting
velocity and it will help a lot. (Torikhtil)
* Stances idea (Kurama Kitsune)
Normal Stance: No bonuses or penalties. If stances are unlocked/improved through a skill tree of some sort, may be possible
to apply minor all around bonuses to this stance.
All Power To Engines stance: Reduced weapon fire rate and accuracy, shield recharge, and turning speed. Increased thrust,
increased maximum speed cap (similar to the consumable speed boost), and applies an evasion boost that makes it easier
for enemies to miss. Upgraded versions of the stance could have smaller penalties to the shield recharge and turning speed.
Power Stance: Reduced thrust (max speed stays the same, but your engines are basically weaker in this mode), but a
significant boost to energy regeneration, along with an increase to maximum energy. Upgraded versions of this stance
could provide a minor boost to weapon damage.
Defensive Stance: Reduced thrust, and weapon damage is decreased, but increased defense. Also significantly boosts shield
regen, increases max shields. Passive armor/structure repair-over-time effects from equipped items are also boosted, if
you have any. If upgraded versions of stances are a thing, then the improved version may eliminate the reduced thrust
Repair Stance: A massive reduction to thrust, max speed, turn rate and damage output. But you begin rapidly repairing armor
and structure at a rate not dependent on any passive boosts, similar to the consumable repair items currently. Upgrade
versions of the stance could potentially reduce the thrust/speed penalties and increase the rate of repair.
Full Attack stance: increases damage output and energy, but also increases damage taken.
Fortress stance: Become very slow, deal less damage, but become much harder to kill due to repairs, shield recharge, and
defensive boosts. Kinda like a mix of repair stance and defensive stance, but with weaker repair.
Over-Limit stance: Disables repair, massive boost to everything else, and you slowly take structure and armor damage
(including wear and tear on equipment) while active as you push the ship past its limits.
Exploration/Scouting Stance: A reduction in some defensive and offensive traits, but gains a large boost to radar and
detection capabilities, increased scanning speeds (planets/anomalies), and increases your ship's stealth (not to the same
degree as a cloaking device, but still useful in avoiding stuff). Also allows you to target and destroy mines.
Carrier Stance: Massive reduction in thrust and max speed, and gain a Large reduction to hangar re-use times, and their
energy cost. Fighters/bombers/etc also do more damage in this stance.
training/gimped stance: Reductions to everything, basically like power overload, but you get +50% XP. (derpenstein)
* critical misses on things like ballistics? so a high defense is useful on everything?
* Once again, I also feel the Soldak games need an option to scale the enemy level to your level. Basically if you start
the world at a good level, it'll quickly become too easy in general, and the loot becomes boring as well, whereas if
you put a higher level, you can easily be unable to beat it without some heavy cheesing, so it's also no fun. I'd
rather keep the challenge and loot interesting all times, honestly. I've suggested said option on pretty much all
games, and I can't dismiss the idea of scaling enemies to your level, or at least very close to it (so like a system
would be your level -1, other your level +1, and so on). (Darkness)
* So really. I guess my boredom with crew points is that your crew stats are all very focused on 1 specific thing: more
damage, hit rating, health, energy... So I suppose that if your stats could play into encounters or otherwise...
Actually. That is a fun idea. Say you scan a derrelect ship and it rolls against your stats to dictate the outcome
with a little tidbit tossed into the message log dictating what happened. Or gasp, even having a sort of pop-up 4x
event type window pop-up that gives you a list of things you can do based on your stats. Ie, find a drifting ship
have the option to plunder it for stuff (tactical), steer it away from it's path that may crash it into a planet you
are aligned with (helm), repair the engines so the crew can take it to port (engineering), seal a breach in it's
hull (structure), find the flight recorder (computers) or order the survivors aboard your ship (command)
So I suppose if certain random events were changed to be less common and had stat related things you could do it
would add a level of additional purpose to having higher numbers in stats than just "I puts mah points into shootin
real hard so they die real fast" or stat points= equip better stuff (Jackrel)
* Yeah, I've noticed that the payments seem random. Like the weaker tribute race randomly contacts me to give me money,
scavs never give me money and I don't notice my cash flow randomly increasing as if it's a background thing (Jackrel)
* It'd be nice if regions dominated by a certain race had certain structures be more common (Sharp)
So Humans could have space bars (pun intended) that boost happiness in the system
* Maybe there could be a resort space station, where the population that successfully gets a cruise ship there gets a
happiness boost (Sharp)
* dwarf planets, interesting asteroids, space stations (abandoned or not), probes (ditto), megastructures or
megastructure components all come to mind (Eris Shrugged)
* and mineable asteroid belts for the races to harvest for resources where they have to go back and forth between the
asteroids and their planets to drop off the stuff they collect (HoboElf)
Mining would actually be a fun idea to make the universe seem more alive, and i don't think it would be that big of
a game change code wise. Just spawn asteroid fields in the sector (EG: based on the minable asteroids), and have
planets send mining ships to them. Same concept as Freighters and Liners flying from planet to planet (Successful
return of a miner would grant minerals to said race). (Excellion)
* Since Drox 2 has so many new projectile weapons, Attack is now a far more useless stat, making Computers a generally
bad investment. Defense is still useful because enemies use lasers. (Bluddy)
* tools that cause nearby ships to fire indiscriminately and cause combat between allies. (Eris Shrugged)
* tools that allow you to masquerade as another race, for good or ill. (Eris Shrugged)
* tools that let you to mess with connections between systems, messing with empire interactions as a result. (Eris Shrugged)
* tools that let you disable weapons fire in an entire system for a few minutes, enforcing peace. (Eris Shrugged)
* make diplomats objects, which can be dropped if diplomat ships are destroyed. let players rescue them or drop them
off on another empire's planet so that the other empire gets credit for rescuing them. (Eris Shrugged)
* allow buying warships, colony ships, bases, etc for empires (Eris Shrugged)
* allow buying technologies from empires (Eris Shrugged)
* also planetary infrastructure (Eris Shrugged)
* btw I also think every treaty between races should require a diplomatic mission (diplo ship) that could be attacked. (Bluddy)
* should planets build different buildings?
* capital planet? what happens if destroyed? chance of civil war, race split, or just a new capital somewhere?
probably at minimum some penalty for losing capital and some kind of print
* a way to fully integrate another race also is interesting
* unique planets & systems
* wandering neutral fleets are cool
* established empires (head start), fallen empires (no longer expanding), ancient ones (random wandering), vorlon type
(mostly just influence others), wanderers (just ships, no planets)
* I was thinking about the best parts of Drox, and I feel that those are when you feel like you're manipulating the
relations between the races -- when you have the power to make a decision, like causing a race to split into a subrace
and start a revolution or to put the revolution down. These elements really make you feel like you're a manipulative
* In the spirit of these things, I think it'd be really great if more actions were carried out in the game and could be
prevented. For example, to create an alliance, 2 races/factions would have to meet somewhere first, and you could
'take these meetings out'. Planets would need constant supplies the higher their populations, and those supply ships
could be intercepted. In Zombasite, the factions would need to collect potions, food and people, just like you, and
denying them of these things would cause them to run low and starve. Colony ships are already sent in Drox, but you'd
be notified of their destination ahead of time and therefore be able to stop them.
* Necroing this thread. I think this is one thing that could use improvement in a sequel. The original Drox essentially
has only one resource, which is planets. Therefore, once a race dominates planet-wise, it's near impossible to set
them back. The potential sequel should have other empire-wide resources, such as metals, food, and fuel, which would
be required for ship creation and such. Taking out the planets that produce these things for the empire or sabotaging
them would allow for crippling advanced empires. Also, if some planets were factories, and others were government
planets, those would also be good targets for elimination/sabotage.
* We need ways to take down (or at least severely weaken) large, runaway empires. The method I'm thinking of to allow for
this is that after growing past 5 or 6 planets, a race would have to start specializing several planets, as it's now
an empire. It should have a seat of government (capital, if destroyed, could cause tons of chaos, civil wars, etc).
It needs to have a factory planet that can provide ships to other
planets in large enough numbers. Of course, this complicates the AI somewhat, but hopefully not by too much. The key
thing is that now, you can focus on a few choice planets to destroy to immobilize an empire rather than fighting an
impossible fight against an empire that grows faster than you can destroy its planets. For example, if you take out
the seat of government, the empire could fall into anarchy and split into different factions. If you take out the
factory planet, ship production will stall everywhere. If you take out the food planets, the empire will starve,
greatly weakening it. etc.
* nebula that can screw up shields
* nebula that can screw up missile guidance
* This one is a major change, but I think it would really improve the experience by making it feel more like the player is
a space-spy: Make the races have larger fleets that are much more dangerous to tackle head-on, but have more of the
individual pieces of their infrastructure represented by destroyable structures (shipyards, habitat domes, solar
* Change the way energy supply works. Right now it's really unfun to get into a swarm of monsters and shoot your guns
empty then just be stuck waiting to regenerate or gobbling down mana potions to be able to do anything. I have two
a) Take a cue from space sims like Freespace 2 and have two independently charging energy pools, one offensive one
defensive. For example: a weapon power pool and an afterburner power pool. The player alternates between shooting
and dodging so the action remains nonstop.
b) Instead of functioning like a spell mana pool, have your energy stat control weapon firing rates.
* Instead of running out of energy and not being able to shoot:
1) Could have fast energy generation and time between shots would just get longer?
2) If get below certain amount (10 or 25%?), weapons would still work but shots are weaker?
kind of like arrows and melee attacks in our fantasy games
* Energy in general should feel very important and some thing you have to take care of, like say, if your weapons cost a
lot of energy to use, you need to figure out a way to restore energy fast, be it Stacking energy regeneration, energy
on kill, on hit, when it, when you use a non-combat item, when a crew member boards an enemy ship, ect. energy
management should be a thing. not to where it slows down combat, but it needs to be vital to your survival. ---Note:
In the Original Drox, you had to equip like 4 to 6 energy leech light components just to keep your energy up. this was
not fun. please let that one be much better then it currently is, at least 3 to 4 times as strong, or make a legendary
version or some thing, lol.
* I'd love to see utility items. Say, automated scanners that pulse out and scan for hidden resources/enemies/treasure/quests
or distress beacons. Computers that can repair your ship, automated nano ships that swarm around you shooting healing
beams kinda things. Better minion support, say you could have some sort of mining ship, that you outfit with a drone
bay to protect you while you collect resources. or be able to gain the ability to still mine/gather things while
cloaked, so you're not attacked. this would only be helpful if you implement my stealth cloak idea, where the enemies
have to actively scan for you with like some sort of radar that pulses out from there ships and have varying AoE ranges.
You could also have a utility that will auto find enemy ships that attack you from stealth kinda like a trajectory
finder. Maybe a heavy component thats a drone that flies around and scavenges ships or nodes/planets ect. so you don't
* I would also really like to be able to buy or mine resources for the AI as well. There are many times they got stuck
needing something and couldn't progress because they couldn't afford to send freighters or something to get that
resource they needed.
races could pay you to freight important materials around
* I'd also wondered about some sort of "terrain" say nebulas or something that change stats somewhat... say one type
dampens lasers slightly, or another makes missiles slightly less effective?
* I'd sort of suggested that a while back, attaching a afterburner skill to all thrusters that feeds off of a stamina
* need way for really bad young races to emerge - most powerful race with other win conditions
* need way for young races to go extinct
* make sure can spawn a random of the same covenant definition even if have unlocked it with another
* I believe probes have a slight issue in multiplayer. When my friend uses his probes I do not get the updated fog of war they
provide, thus partially defeating the point. I do not know if this is intentional or not. (ZuriZ)
* Also, during multiplayer, one of my friends kept getting war declared on him for no reason by a random race on
starting a new sector. (Varkon)
* could create multiple sockets to work around buggy NATs that can't hole punch if multiple devices have the same
* could send extra NAT punchthrough packets with low TTL to better open multiple layers of NAT
int ttl = 3;
setsockopt( socketHandle, IPPROTO_IP, IP_TTL, &ttl, sizeof(ttl) );
* could mask ip addresses in messages to make sure bad routers don't mess with it
* be able to change a map on server without leaving game and booting other players
* Can we please already get rid of the zoned servers? They're splitting up a small player base into even smaller player
bases for very little good reason. Certainly players can play across the US with no serious latency, and if they're
across the world, they'll either deal with it or switch to someone else. (Bluddy)
* some way to pause game in multiplayer (if everyone pauses, game pauses?)
* primitive speech needs to be different, especially discovery (especially if your the first race to find them)
* add dialog that is specific to a specific trait?
* add dialog that is specific to lifeform type?
* has changed from a Arctic to Dead planet - change to "changed from Arctic to Dead"
* One thing that would help with making these traits seem real is if the races talked about each other. Freedom-oriented races
would make comments that the slavery-based races bother them etc. Rather than just having background relations decrease due
to differing traits, let us hear the races speak about each other and how they like/dislike their philosophies. (Bluddy)
* The old races had the advantage that they had unique identities, which we came to know. The new races are random, and as
such, it's much harder to care about them. I think it's important to emphasize the collection of traits they have so as to
give them more personality. It would help if the races constantly had little blurbs to say. It's particularly useful when
you're in the relation menu screen: let them say something (as if we clicked on the talk button with a ship). (Bluddy)
* do we need a way to break components down to chips?
* Related to the above, I would love to see the random item you get on level-up changed to be an option of 1 of 3 items to
choose from or something. That would certainly help with those droughts… (KevinC)
* For example, as a reward for the riot quest mentioned above, you get a few hundred experience, a few hundred dollars
that is little more than repayment for what you spent, and some reputation with the race. In contrast, defending a
race’s planet from attack, which requires merely sitting in place near it shooting at any enemies coming by, has
offered me as much as 22,000 experience for far less work. Destroying X number of enemy monster ships also carries a
similar reward to the fed-ex weapon delivery request, and is generally much easier as you simply fly around blowing
enemies up as part of your travel activities anyway.
* ancients are still rather powerful compared to other races, so increased rewards make sense, but maybe increase the
loot or xp. personally, I would suggest making unique modules that only drop from ancient races. their descriptions
hint at unique tech, so it would be great to actually have that show up in the game. (silver7017)
* Maybe quests should always give item as rewards, and tell the item type. Like reward: Rare level 40 Heavy Ballistic
Weapon. This way, checking each quest for its rewards would be a meta, rather then the type of quest only. I'd
certainly do some boring quests to get useful rewards! (Darkness)
* better relation boosts for saving diplomat ships, or larger credit and relations boosts for doing quests given by a
systems governor (Jackrel)
* crew with Power Overload level 5 shows 0 - 0 Explosion damage (ZviHantsis)
* As for the skills, I still think we need toggled skills for some things. Functionally, I mean skills that would work like
the toggled aura abilities of Grim Dawn or Path of Exile where when toggled ON they have a constantly active effect, but
they also "reserve" your mana / energy by decreasing your maximum amount permanently until they are deactivated. (BOYCOTT S-T-E-A-M!)
So if you had 100 maximum energy and you toggled on two of these skills, one costing 15 and the other costing 25, then you
your energy pool could only refill up to 60.
A good candidate for a toggleable skill would be the fighters / bombers / interceptors. Reduce the energy cost since it
would be a permanent drain while active. While toggled on your ship would naturally launch fighters to replace damaged
ones with a cooldown period in between. When deactivated your fighters would return to your ship. Would store up
"charges" whether on or off. So if it allowed a maximum of 4 fighters at a time it would be able to store up 4 charges so
you could activate it and launch all 4 at once.
Point defense weapons would be another good one. While toggled they would fire at hostile fighters and missiles on their
own. (BOYCOTT S-T-E-A-M!)
A reflective shield. While active it would absorb a portion of energy damage and increase its energy drain cost. When it is
deactivated, either by choice or by having its energy drain increased beyond your energy maximum, it would fire off a
beam at the nearest hostile for an amount of damage based on what was absorbed. (BOYCOTT S-T-E-A-M!)
Afterburners. While active would increase your ships movement speed. Energy drain would start low but increase the longer
you use them. (BOYCOTT S-T-E-A-M!)
Weapons amplifier. A toggle skill that would decrease your shields while increasing the damage and fire rate of your
weapons. (BOYCOTT S-T-E-A-M!)
* I think the skills could use a little flare to make them just a bit more interesting beside % increases, but it's still a
step in the right direction. Maybe a final interesting bonus for each one when you reach max rank? For example the final
rank of minion damage might also add 40% minion speed when it gets a kill. Or the final rank of minion life steal transfers
some of that stolen lifesteal to your primary ship. The final rank of Launcher skill could increase launcher hp or give
them evasion from being shot down. Minion health could allow ancient recharge stations to work on fighters and allow
boosters to partially work on fights. There is a lot of need things you could do here. (Mythos)
* The tooltip for the Stalker skill displays "-5% Escape Notice (Passive)". -5% escape notice seems like a penalty, not a
bonus (Eris Shrugged)
* There is not a ton of synergy between the Stealth tree offering bonus points in Computers and the skills in it relating to
projectiles and mines. (Eris Shrugged)
* The 'Bonuses' could be removed and/or improved too with more unique abilities. For example: (Destro)
50 = 1% armor/structure repair,
100 = 10% structure as bonus armor,
150 structure = 10% structure as bonus energy shield and proportional energy shield regen,
200 structure = 20% chance to take half damage from all sources or bonus resistances to damage types (explosive, em, etc.)
250 structure = Structure protects components the same way as armor. Or, your ship always has an escape pod. Or, your
escape pods are majorly better in some way.
* In the "performance" side could we have a way to deal with the multi-layered backgrounds? The game is surprisingly running
smoothly in my PC without 3d graphic card, EXCEPT when the background get too heavy (nebulosas are beautyfull, but they do
make the game slow down a lot). (Schaten)
* Game became nearly unplayable suddenly (FDru)
I think it had something to do with an event called "coordinated attack" (or something like that). Even just flying around the system with no enemies nearby, the game freezes completely every few seconds (except for the sound and mouse cursor) and would freeze up for sometimes 20-30 seconds when near a planet that is being attacked.
edit: I guess the event was "Vulnerable Systems". Also, the freezing (and enemy spawning) completely stopped as soon as I got sector victory.
* Game get unplayable due to low framerate EVERY SINGLE TIME an ancient ship destroy a race and occupy the planet (FicusCat)
* not exactly a bug, but a strange thing ive noticed regarding the performance impact of ship explosions: it seems to become
worse the more lengthy the game session is. i was running away from a bee line of monsterships while shooting at them, and
each explosion would drop the fps to a single digit. however, upon restarting the game and continuing from there, the
explosions would have no noticeable fps impact. at least for a while. (DysDaemoN)
* don't call Emitter::updatePosition if !shouldDrawEffects and _particles.empty() ?
* Precaching run
* Heavy Stuttering / Freeze With Explosion (kouhei)
There seems to be a lot of stuttering every time a lot o ships appear on my screen, while it was there in Drox 1,
it was not as noticeable. This is especially true whens hip collide or explode when defeated.
I'm running on Win 10 PRO on a GTX 2050 4GB and i5 CPU with 16GB ram, I tried messing with settings but the slow
down appear constantly and it make playing nauseous.
All I can think of is explosion effects or ship collide when a bunch of ships appear on screen, I suspect something
along the lines of Pixel collision dropping frame when it happens. It is quite noticeable.
* Added to Bug#6 : Performance overall seems to be really lacking in Drox 2 compare to Drox 1. (kouhei)
* what is causing hitches?
* can use timings stuff (profile) to track down hithes partially at least
* could add some timing stuff if spend more than 2 ms on any entity think break or print entnum (#ifdef so not always
there but can use later)
* Bad Lag Even On LAN and FPS Dips (Mythos)
When playing this game with my wife over LAN there is a lot of stuttering and blinking around when there are more
than a few enemies. There more enemies there are the worse the stuttering gets. It's like not enough data is being
transmitted. I've doubled the multiplayer data settings but it seems to have no effect.
* Also, when there are a lot of explosions my game goes from 144 fps - sub 30. I have a 7700k cpu and a 1080 ti so it's
not like my hardware isn't up to the task. It's not like this game is super graphically intensive. I suspect it still
needs to be optimized. (Mythos)
* Stuttering is a major issues in Drox 2 compare to Drox 1, evertime a bunch of ships die or appear on screen there is
a massive FPS drop, this is true even on high-end PC and is consistent throughout a game sessions. This is even worst
when using AOE weapons such as bombs on a group of 10+ ships. (kouhei)
* Considering they are emitted by your ship in the dead center of the screen, player weapon audio is hyper directional. (Takarias)
* discovered race needs a sound
* It would be nice to have more idle sounds from the monsters that hinted about what they are. Talon could have
more whale-like idle sounds, Legion could have computer noises, and Overlord could have zombie whispers and
* Win condition similar to diplomacy, where if a player makes all remaining races vassels or tributary (Similar to fear). Might need something more ontop of it, or a lesser reward as it is currently much easier to do. Currently if you make everyone a vassal you almost completely stop getting quests, and races stop fighting, making the whole sector completely null (Albeit very peaceful). It's a funny way to essentially halt your own progress though. (AlCool)
* In the last 100 hours of gameplay I've not managed to get a single alliance win, the cloest I came was this one with four
races allied with me until the usual event where one of the one-planet races screwed everything up. I'm not sure if there's
been any major changes in code, but it feels like it's just gotten more difficult to get an alliance win as patches have
* idea: add race quests chains or a nemesis and have the legend win be more focused on completing quests and getting rid of
threats to the sector (Eris Shrugged)
* Personally, I feel the game needs a way to control better the Fear index. I mean, when you're getting near a Legend
win and you want to reduce legend points, you can just destroy some faction ships, but that greatly increases your fear,
and very few things reduce your fear, nothing you can do easily and without limits. So, I propose killing off enemy ships
near a faction planet (that thing that renders reputation) to also lower your fear, for example. This way, we'd be able to
easily keep fear and legend points lower, to seek the other wins we desire. (Darkness)
* The new win condition seems okay so far. It might help to have one or even multiple Drox guild quests available at the start
of the sector, so that the player has the ability to make an assessment of whether they want to aim for a guild
win. (Eris Shrugged)
* new Drox quests
earn X amount of credits
* Easy guild quests (2 VPs) (Bluddy)
- Explore 30 planets in X minutes.
- Beat 4 bosses in X minutes.
- Clear out 2 systems of enemies in X minutes.
- Finish 20 quests in X minutes.
* Hard guild quests (4 VPs) (Bluddy)
- Prevent Cortex from losing any planets for X minutes.
- Create an alliance of 3 races in X minutes.
*Fixed, add to credits*
* resources aren't worth enough? donated a bunch to a race and relations went up 0.2
* Zarlok planet value keeps going up and down a lot
* I don't understand if it's a bug or a feature: you can move sold component to "Held" and then gamble with it. If it's a
feature, it's a bit annoying to move it every time. (Sent Ernit)
* Tooltip on the black hole says that black holes do not have any planets (Xrayfk05 (Joost))
* Late game (only three races left, all are tech ~30 ish) system randomly lost its tech marker for trade goods.
Entire (7+ planets) system reset to as if I was level 1: https://i.imgur.com/IZAQ7N1.jpg Easiest visual is the cargo bay
there - size: tiny. Affected all planets. (Boink)
* Would it make sense to give the Structural stat a bonus to ramming? I noticed the notes had a question in there about how
viable a Structural-focused build was.. (Eris Shrugged)
* A traveling vendor may sell you a beacon to call them? (Verdusk)
* I'd also love to have an option from Zombasite back: get an "ally" from a faction. It was an amazing way to increase
reputation with that faction easily and in a fun way and aim for Military Wins. (Darkness)
* Furthermore, if you could get an ally from two different factions, and it could be used to boost their relations while you
had the work to keep them alive, it'd be a much nicer way to trigger Diplomatic wins. (Darkness)
* races can put down mining stations on planets, moon, big asteroids
* military stations to block starlane access
* more visible structures? - listening stations, mining stations, etc
* other lesser bug just happened (I've seen it a few times though): (Darkness)
Brunt was attacking planet Tria from race Hall, I was nearby.
I declared war Hall, attacked Tria
Message log says I destroyed the colony
Following message said Brunt destroyed Hall and took the spoils.
* cursor doesn't work on 144hz monitor (Qrusher14242)
well thats weird, none of the Soldak games are showing a mouse cursor. tried Din's legacy and Drox 1. Haven't seen
this issue with any other games. Not sure if its because of my new 144hz monitor or what (Qrusher)
Solved it, was running at 100hz, once i changed it to 144 it shows up now (only fixed for a little bit)
* Mines, however, explode at unknown range and cannot be avoided. Some kind of signal or countdown before the exploded
would help (plus the ability to trigger them from afar -- both by shooting (Bluddy)
* also, where are the random levers from the fantasy games?) (Bluddy)
* leveling up at the start of a sector is very quick as there are many quests including the very lucrative go kill X
bad guy. However after all those have been done generally whats left are just repeating buy X item at Y planet to
deliver to Z world. Can we get some ongoing variety of quests? (Annex)
* an option to play a sector where treaties and so on are already in place and your goal is to more or less destabilize
and alter the power flow" (Jackrel again) (Eris Shrugged)
* Bug: Stealth Enemies (Djozar)
Enemies flying around in stealth aren't becoming visible at times when near to them. If they do appear, it's only
for a brief second then it nearly takes colliding with them to kill them, as you can't target them. Maybe give them
3 seconds uncloaked before they go back to stealth. Currently, you can see the red light showing they are an elite,
and MAYBE the outline of the ship, but only for a very brief second.
* and if ships were unhappy, they could individually rebel (Bluddy)
* Suggestion based on @Jackrel's point in #general: use the DL system for ships in Drox. All ships for all races could
be assigned names for their captains. They could then talk with you, telling you about their day or their feelings
about other ship captains or their race. They could have an attitude towards other ship captains or towards their
race in general. They could have personal quests. And they could rebel against their race, sabotage it etc. It would
make the game world feel more lived-in. A colony ship could be piloted by the same guy as it's used multiple times
etc. Even though the races represent millions of people, the people you interact with don't have to be that many,
giving you a distinct feel for them and creating new gameplay opportunities. (Bluddy)
* A race without money can't afford to pay its captains well, so they're easier to bribe.. (Bluddy)
* If both Race A and I are at war with Race B, Race B shouldn't be sending me messages telling me not to trade with
Race A. (ScrObot)
* workshop support would be nice
* An approach I would have liked more is to have gradually unlocking narrative quests for the main races telling their
stories. So in games when you ally with the Cortex, you start unlocking their 'main quest line'. (Bluddy)
It's a way to sprinkle more personality into the random universe.
* should I ever explain where the monsters came from?
* Collision damage seems inconsistent and I suspect a bug where sometime colliding with a ship will trigger MANY
collision damage resulting in MASSIVE damage. Overall Collision damage seems to cause WAY too much damage compare
to everything else in the game, this isn't helped by the fact some Enemy ship can move at ridiculous amounts of
speed bypass the speed of max thruster + thruster bosster and just ram you to death in matters of milliseconds. This
doesn't occur often but when it does it really make you feel hopeless. (kouhei)
* mechanic crew skill that acted like a Regen booster on a cooldown (Jackrel)
* I was actually gonna say a neat suggestion that could tie up a bunch of requests in lu of self repairs and services
would be to replace the separate stashes with like a space station that you buy or find upgrades for. So a lot like
the town mechanic from zombasite and the covenant house setup from depths of peril. So like set it up so you can
invite random traders to setup shop in your station with their inventory and credits based on trade amongst whatever
races you are allied with, maybe you can hire pilots to guard your station, and have like a barracks to house your
unused crew. Just set it up like the planet interface screen where the different buttons open up your stashes,
trader if you have one, defenses to assign components and such... Just a fun idea. As a lone operator a base of
operations would be a pretty sweet addition. (Jackrel)
* a new semi-hardcore - How about an option to have some kind of finite budget of ship replacements, which is replenished
by winning sectors? (Eris Shrugged)
* need to update patreon stuff for Drox 2
* with just a couple changes could make mdmToSkl support new mdm format also
* support more fonts like https://opendyslexic.org/ ?
* need a show radiuses cheat so can see collision stuff easier - can do easily with squares
* achievement on ram kills - if killed after attack in handleShipCollision add to ram kills stat
* add challenges?
challenge sectors could have specific win conditions turned off or drox involvement could only show up in those?
* colonizing ship should scale down instead of fade out? might look like it is landing
* test_allQuests - lots of stuff fail (does it matter?)
* formations don't work
* be able to change extra energy focus to weapons, shields, engines, etc? do this with the mouse wheel?
* https://i.imgur.com/owSiiRx.png - unexplored planet with a known empire on it. which I'm at war with, by the way. That
probably shouldn't be possible. (Eris Shrugged)
* Had my first CTD (thankfully not a lock) - game dumped when using two (2) marines on teleporting spiral do-dars spiroc
caster (the black crescent types, level 28-32ish). Sadly log doesn't have error msg in it. From the flashes I saw of the
mob (hard to keep a lock on those ones, esp. with multiples around the screen) both marines were on the same ship at the
* game sometimes crashes when destroying an enemy ship with marines (just like in drox 1) (Smogg)
* I'm having an error where it crashes to desktop on Linux when I sort my items by value... any fixes? (Aly (Hypergardens))
* had some rare random crashes when scanning anomalies (Smogg)
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, Zombasite, Din's Legacy, & Drox Operative 2
Last edited by Shadow : 04-14-2021 at 05:34 PM.
I just updated the todo. The main changes are in the command section (near the top), all of the skill sections after the command section, and lots of additions to the new section at the end.
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, Zombasite, Din's Legacy, & Drox Operative 2
Impressive list, thanks for sharing.
My quick-wish would be inventory sorting, but i guess everyone quick-wish is different.
* Errance sur la Terre, de la Laponie à l'Anatolie, et + si affinité... Vagabondance.net ** Mon blog indécent sur les jeux indé... Jeux1d100.net *
I updated the todo again. The main changes are in the skill sections after the command section and lots of additions to the new section at the end.
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, Zombasite, Din's Legacy, & Drox Operative 2
Would be nice to have a Hacking skill tree (mostly Utopian but also possibly Fringe, Scavenger), as there's a lot of potential there, especially for rewiring stuff like bases, mines, and Legion ships to be on your side.
Mods: DC Balance UI | DoP UI | Drox Guild Time Silence | DL Texture | Join our Discord!
I'm concerned about the generic tree skills. The idea is supposed to be that every race ship plays differently due to these skill trees. The generic skill tree plays against that, causing uniformity. Now, every special skill needs to compete against the generic skills, and if they're not good enough, effectively we end up in the same place, where there's an optimal generic way to build the ships.
I would prefer if the generic tree was scrapped, or the skills were moved into the race-specific trees. It's very important that the races play differently - the more different, the better - and I don't think we need any more encouragement for sameness -- that part comes from the item system.
Mods: DC Balance UI | DoP UI | Drox Guild Time Silence | DL Texture | Join our Discord!
Yeah, I'm trying to find a balance between making each race pretty unique, not locking the player into a specific build per race, and hopefully eventually allow players to pick young races with whatever their random skill trees are.
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, Zombasite, Din's Legacy, & Drox Operative 2
In terms of build per race, moving the weapon-boosting skills into specific trees doesn't necessarily cancel out other possible builds, and they're optional after all -- the trees include enough other skill options to make those available. I feel like all these generic skills would belong better in the themed skill trees. This is especially true if the skills don't give a huge boost, but a fairly minor one instead (10%-15%).
I figured there was some kind of plan to make young races playable given the property-based skill trees, but what does that mean effectively? You'd be able to choose among every random race created so far when creating a new ship?
Mods: DC Balance UI | DoP UI | Drox Guild Time Silence | DL Texture | Join our Discord!