Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Elite

A plausible theory would be the existence of a keystroke logger that isn't playing nice. Rebecca seems to have gotten hers working (quite a while back too ), but if you haven't checked out your machine security-wise lately that might not be a bad idea.

There are almost as many free security tools online as there are malware, a little googling should turn up something reliable, effective, and safe. I think Sysinternals has a scanner of some sort, and I know they do good software. I think they're actually part of MS now, but the apps are free downloads from the MS website.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Amateur

I'm encountering something to this effect. From what I can tell, the "A" and "D" keys appear to have stopped functioning some time into the game.

I have a mage at 16 and a warrior at 6. The Mage is named with an "A" so clearly the letter worked before. I really only ran into this when I tried to delete the warrior. It is QUITE hard to type delete to confirm a delete without a D key.

The game was installed off steam.
Win 7 x64
Keyboard clearly works outside of the game, and did earlier in the game's existence.
UAC is off
Keyboard is 105 key QWERTY, using standard MS drivers.

Rebooting didn't help.
There are no keyloggers present (kaspersky, ice sword, and responder pro all agree on this point).

Seems like a bug no? I'm going to backup the game files on steam and reinstall now. . .

=======================

Figured it out.

I had remapped the scroll up / down / left / right to WASD.

If I revert to the original mappings, A and D are usable again in fields for naming chars, naming covenants, and confirming delete.

Last edited by Iranon : 12-04-2010 at 11:48 PM.