Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Expert

Exclamation Occasional Gate Teleportation Bug

I've seen this in games with a brand-new character, and just now after winning the previous 'session' and hopping straight into the next one.

The behavior I'm reporting ranges from a gate that cannot be clicked at all and has no zone-specific name to instances like this where a destination from your covenant gate marked with one zone's name takes you to another.

Here's the sequence of events for this particular occurrence:
  1. I enter my new game session, take stock of the available quests and choose all those available in the Bearhold Grassland.
  2. I click on my covenant gate and select the Bearhold Grassland gate.
  3. I arrive in the Wastelands! The gate is not yet activated from this side, so I click it once to activate and then use it to go back to my covenant's home.
  4. I click on my covenant gate again and see that there are now TWO gates where previously there was one:

Bearhold Grasslands | Wastelands

Gate Bug 2.jpg Gate Bug 3.jpg

5. I click the one marked Wastelands.
  6. Unsurprisingly, I arrive in the Wastelands. I go back through to my covenant gate and click the Bearhold Grassland one again.
  7. Yep, you guessed it. I'm still in the Wastelands.

Gate Bug 1.jpg
Each time that I've seen any of these peculiarities with the gates they are located along the zone edge, sometimes in between two active ones (as in this case) or along the border to nothingness (where I've found they are not usable and remain unnamed). It would appear that this is at least part of the reason this bug occurs.

If you check the minimap in the image above, you'll notice that there appears to be a single gate as denoted by the lone cyan dot. I haven't explored the entirety of the Bearhold Grasslands yet, but I'm willing to bet that there is no other gate anywhere in that zone.

If this has already been reported in another thread or solved in the full version (and therefore an exclusive demo 'feature'), carry on. There's nothing to see here.

Thanks, though, for humoring me.

UPDATE: I ran around a bit and, though I don't know what triggered it, the Wastelands gate eventually relocated itself to the other side of the zone. Sadly, the Bearhold Grasslands gate continued to take me to the Wastelands, even after exploring the entire zone. I thought that this was significant enough to mention. Also, I experienced another gate/exit/portal bug, as depicted in the following picture:

Exit Bug 1.jpg

Of course, I can use my teleport stone to exit, but this is still frustrating. I'm assuming it's related to the behavior that I've previously reported.

I hope this information proves useful.

-Des

Last edited by Desticato : 09-03-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: After further exploration I wanted to post my findings
Old 09-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, this was very helpful and both problems should be fixed now.
Patreon