Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Amateur

Default Refueling at Crystal and buddy AI

Since I run a tank, as I and my trusty party member venture from point A to B, I usually drop off a portal when an enemy line is detected on the radar. We use this as a rally point if we aren't able to break through.

So when the life bar is low, I guide us back to the portal.

A couple of (minor) issues:
1) Clicking on the crystal isn't easy. When you have recruited the max number in your team, the bottom people make it hard to click on the crystal. I have no suggestions on how to improve on this, but for me it takes some precision mouse control.

2) AI buddy doesn't dive for the crystal when it needs. Does your buddy portal with you at the exact same time? Does he/she also only make decisions to move when you do? I'd say maybe 40% of the time, when I portal in, I have to make some movement to get my buddy to refill (sometimes he ports in not close to me). This is so minor I can't say whether or not this is an issue, but one would think the AI would make for the crystal asap, if we're both within range.

Anyways, as I expected, having a great time so far. Looking forward to any updates.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Amateur

I think this is mostly happening when the AI buddy appears outside the house (like off and to the upper-right). As soon as you move however, AI will move with you and jump on the crystal.

I think the more important thing is clicking on the crystal itself.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by waargh View Post
I think the more important thing is clicking on the crystal itself.
I agree that this is difficult, and it's also very difficult during raids when you want to target the lifestone instead of the swarm of bodies surrounding it.

Since there's only ever 1 lifestone on the screen at a time, maybe you could allow targeting it by hovering over a lifestone health bar similar to follower health bars on the left side? Dunno...
Experience to extremes..." - RUSH, The Enemy Within
Old 09-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

I believe the recruits will go heal themselves automatically at the lifestone if they are damaged, they have nothing better to do, and are within a certain range. I would guess that they are just out of range.

Off hand clicking on the covenant's health bar to select the lifestone sounds like a good idea. I'll try that and see how well it works in the game.
Patreon