Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Amateur

Default Exploder Boss Assassination Bug

Hi, first of all. This is a great dungeon crawl. You've really captured about 75% of the spirit of Nethack here. A few more quirky randomizations and you might have something legendary.

I've noticed some quest bugs, the most bothersome right now is a Meeting of Two Bosses quest. I've killed one of them, but the other one was an exploding scarabus. He is nowhere to be found. It dawned on me that he probably exploded and I didn't get credit for it. So now I have completed every quest in the town except this meeting, and I can't pass through the town!

I decline the mission but it keeps wanting me to stop the meeting between one guy who I killed a long time ago and an exploding guy.

Maybe make it so exploders can't be bosses.

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heruka View Post
So now I have completed every quest in the town except this meeting, and I can't pass through the town!
It occurs to me from the above quote that you might be posting in the wrong forum. Are you playing Depths of Peril or Din's Curse?

In Depths of Peril the town will only end when your covenant is supreme (by either killing off or forming an alliance with others), unlike Din's Curse where you need to clear all of the town's quests.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruztee View Post
It occurs to me from the above quote that you might be posting in the wrong forum. Are you playing Depths of Peril or Din's Curse?

In Depths of Peril the town will only end when your covenant is supreme (by either killing off or forming an alliance with others), unlike Din's Curse where you need to clear all of the town's quests.
Sounds like Din's Curse to me. There are plenty of, "Stop a meeting between these two monsters" type quests, and they're always the type of quest you can't skip over.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Elite

Yeah, I mean they have those quests in Depth's of Peril too, but they would never stop you from winning the town in DoP.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure this is a Din thing so I moved it to the Din's bugs forum. I could have sworn I fixed all of the suicide issues though. Maybe it's a meeting/suicide specific issue.
Patreon