Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Kivi's Underworld > Kivi's Underworld game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Elite

I doubt you'd be able to mod crafting into the game unless he's extended the the engine with an at least rudimentary scripting language that's user-accessible. You have to at least be able to say 'if box1 has a widget and box2 has a cog, destroy them both and spawn a codget'. Which, as far as I know, can't be done in DoP.

Kivi is still pretty unkown though so who knows, though I expect this is no small task. If it's in there though, I'm going to start salivating myself. Because it opens a whole new world of fun and excitement.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
Could item crafting be modded in?
I doubt that crafting can be modded in. There aren't any mechanisms to allow combining items together.

People keep bringing up items and how they wish the system was more complex. Remember this is a more casual game, so in Kivi the items are simpler than DoP. There isn't even a normal general inventory.

Having said that, there are lots of items. There are armor/weapon pickups that boost your overall armor/weapon ratings automatically. There are instant use items like health & mana. There are keys. There are items that raise your score (score unlocks skill points, awards, and some characters). There are also powerups. You do have a very small inventory (3 slots right now) to hold powerups, so that you can use them whenever you want.

Crafting and other item complexities are cool ideas btw, just more suited to a DoP type game. Actually I have other game ideas that I would like to do someday that more complex item designs would work well in also.

Quote:
Would one be able to import the models from DoP into KU?
Models from DoP would work fine in Kivi.

Quote:
Can quests be scripted and randomly generated?
You can't really script quests, although I have reworked how quests work from a data perspective. Unlike DoP, you can now add new quests. They have to use a base type, but you can make much more specific quests now.
Patreon
Old 09-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
You do have a very small inventory (3 slots right now) to hold powerups, so that you can use them whenever you want.
Just to beat everyone to the punch, is inventory size moddable?
Old 09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Right now I don't think it is, but I can probably fix that before we ship.
Patreon
Old 09-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Amateur

Cool

Quote:
Right now I don't think it is, but I can probably fix that before we ship.
That would be nice

Will there be a hard lvl cap?
Any type of rare items or set items?

This would be on my "wish" list...even if the numbers were small and the spawn % rare. Rare Loot is the reason I continue to play ARPGs like Diablo 2, Titan Quest, Sacred

The random loot slot machine is a strong pull especially in a SP game, to keep people interested and playing.

imo

Regards
Old 09-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Will there be a hard lvl cap?
Well yes and no. There aren't exactly levels. How it works is after each adventure you get rewarded a bronze, silver, or gold trophy worth respectively 1, 2, or 3 skill points. There isn't any caps on anything except for how many adventures there are and the skill point rewards. Both of these should be modable.

Quote:
Any type of rare items or set items?
No, but it doesn't make much sense with the how the game works.

Quote:
The random loot slot machine is a strong pull especially in a SP game, to keep people interested and playing.
Most of the item drops in the game are random, but they are things like instant use items, skill ups, and powerups. Some of the powerups are pretty rare though, like Earthquake.
Patreon
Old 09-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Expert

Quote:
Well yes and no. There aren't exactly levels. How it works is after each adventure you get rewarded a bronze, silver, or gold trophy worth respectively 1, 2, or 3 skill points. There isn't any caps on anything except for how many adventures there are and the skill point rewards. Both of these should be modable.
That sounds very interesting. I think we've all gotten too comfortable with conventional level up rpgs. I'm looking forward to it.

Can I make a suggestion? I really enjoyed searching for secrets in DoP, especially the one where you have to read. Please add many secrets in this game. They are very fun to search out and make something mundane very interesting.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLabyrinth View Post
Can I make a suggestion? I really enjoyed searching for secrets in DoP, especially the one where you have to read. Please add many secrets in this game. They are very fun to search out and make something mundane very interesting.
Kivi has many secrets throughout all of the adventures (well over a hundred last time I counted). Every adventure has a least one. I think one of the adventures has 11. A few of the playable characters are even hidden in secret areas.
Patreon
Old 09-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Expert

I'm eagerly awaiting the full release date, but I don't want to hurry you and end up with an unpolished product. So I'll just shut up and wait patiently until you think it's ready to be released.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Would one be able to import the models from DoP into KU?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow:
Models from DoP would work fine in Kivi.
@ Shadow: So, I assume models in Kivi would be fine in DoP ?

Other graphics? Maps, etc.?

Heck, I feel I owe you a BBQ Dinner (at least). If you are ever in GA, PM me.

GB