Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Din's Curse BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Amateur

Unhappy I am disappointed

I must admit that I am disappointed. The game is not nearly so lovingly made as Kivis Underworld. It should have been called Dungeon Crawler quietly continues. So I personally do not like it really. There is no real story. It seems like time just quickly made. Many elements and traps from Kivis Underworld.

19,99 USD is a nice Deal but i dont would make it expensivier because more is that Game not worth. Sorry 20 USD is the maximum for a Game like this.

I hope your Next Game would be better or a Sequel of Kivi.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

I believe Din's Curse actually took longer to make than Kivi's Underworld.

I suspect we will have some people that enjoyed Kivi more than they will Din because I have heard from a bunch of people that enjoyed Kivi more than they did DoP. The majority of our games like DoP better than Kivi though. Anyways that's not my point.

I really like that people have a different favorite from our games. They all might be action RPGs but they are very different games and each is going to fit different peoples' tastes differently.
Patreon
Old 02-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Elite

You just used different in a sentence 3 times. (Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself.)
Old 02-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Elite

Kivi's Underworld was more of a story driven game while Din's Curse is less so with Depths of Peril in the middle. People who like heavy story may like Kivi's better. Personaly, I like all of them.

I'm sorry Din's isn't what you expected, but I hope you enjoy it anyway.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornedry2k View Post
It should have been called Dungeon Crawler quietly continues.
Heh, and I thought that the title "Din's Curse" lacked a bit of punch.

Anyway, it's interesting to hear opinions like this. I have now played Din's Curse (over the course of two days) for more hours than I have played Kivi's Underworld in the last year (seriously). Obviously, despite looking like similar games at first glance the 3 titles are endearing themselves to very different types of gamers. Depths of Peril is still one of my favourite games ever, with Din's Curse looking like that it will gobble up weeks of my playing time as well. Kivi's Underworld wasn't even worth a play through for me, I still haven't finished it.

It's all good
Old 02-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Champion

Frankly, I LOVE it. I downloaded it at 30,000 feet over Tennessee. It is a great game, although I have run into some issues (completely normal in beta). Any additional content planned?

GB

P.S. $$$ in hand for an expansion (in addition to town-> dungeon, town-->over land/water -->dungeon)
Old 02-05-2010, 03:53 AM
Amateur

Its only my Opinion. I like the Genre, i like Games like this but here i dont can see a good Story. I dont can see that the Maker has make it with same Love to Games like in Kivi. I am CEO on a German Gaming Site and i will write this in my Review / Preview.

On Kivis UNderworld you know - there is a Start , there is a End. Here - nothing! Only Grinding, Grinding, Grinding. And for Grinding i dont need to pay 20-30 USD. I can download a Free MMORPG and grinding until i die. For that i dont need a Game that cost 30 USD.

Btw: Is it allowed to give the Key away as Gift? I deinstalled the Game and i dont want play it anymore and my Editor dont like it, too. So we not want play it in Coop again. Or can we get Money back

Last edited by hornedry2k : 02-05-2010 at 03:58 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

In Din we have gone with a very dynamic story that evolves depending on what you do you, don't do, how the random world was setup, and what the monsters do, instead of 1 set storyline.

However, you certainly can give away your game to someone else if you no longer want to play or you can send me an email and I can get you a refund.
Patreon
Old 02-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Amateur

@hornedry2k

Hm, to make things clear: You joined this forum yesterday, bought the key for beta entrance, played for some hours, are disapointed and ask for a money back?

In adition you call yourself "CEO" of a gaming site (obviously without knowing, what the term CEO means), but donīt tell us the name of this site. Also your profile donīt mention any commercial or non-commercial gaming-site in Germany or elsewhere. In the few posts in the last 24 hours you mentioned no commercial background and talked about yourself and your friend as players - now you are a CEO and he ist your editor. And to "threaten" a developer with a more or less important preview on a mysterious German gamesite is also not the fine art.

Me too run a gamesite - to be honest, itīs a whole network with 70+ sites and nearly 100 woman and man in the background. But this doesīnt make me a "CEO" - we are working on a non-profit base. Iīm an administrator, chief editor or what else you like to call this position. If i buy a game at Amazon or any other store, i do this on my own risk. Especially if this is a beta version! Without complaining about things i donīt like and giving "hints", how important i am.

And yes - i get many press versions from publishers too, but this is a completely different story. Because for me this is (non-payed) work and most of this press versions i send to our different webmasters. Also our previews/reviews will never be "discussed" with a publisher or developer to gain some favor or refund.

Itīs fine, that you run a gamesite, i wish you all the best for the future. But please donīt "use" your fansite to make pressure on a developer or anyone else to get a personal advantage.

With best regards,
B. Jebsen
Old 02-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Amateur

I'll take your copy if you don't want it