Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Elite

Default [Request] Have a setting at which the left mouse button behaves like the right one

I have been unable to find a setting that lets me use my left mouse weapon as effectively as my right one. I have tried every single combination of options, but a quick firing weapon bound to the right mouse button is still way more effective than one bound to the left.

Let me explain: I always have at least one quick-firing, instantaneously-hitting weapon: a laser or a virus. With the right components, you can achieve ludicrous DPS - 20,000 from a single weapon is not a stretch. If you bind it on the right mouse button, all you have to do is hold the button down and wave your aiming cursor over the enemy ships. It looks like a chain reaction, and is very, very satisfying.

The thing is, at lower levels, you usually need two weapons to achieve the effect. And you cannot do it with the left mouse button. Once a ship blows up, you have to release the button, target another ship, and press the button again. Sometimes, the new target does not register, and even when it does, by the time you're done, you've lost thousands of damage.

So, can we have, please, a setting at which the left mouse button behaves exactly like the right mouse button when it is held down: continuous fire at the closest target. So that one can hold down BOTH buttons, and have BOTH weapons chew through the monster horde.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
I have been unable to find a setting that lets me use my left mouse weapon as effectively as my right one. I have tried every single combination of options, but a quick firing weapon bound to the right mouse button is still way more effective than one bound to the left.

Let me explain: I always have at least one quick-firing, instantaneously-hitting weapon: a laser or a virus. With the right components, you can achieve ludicrous DPS - 20,000 from a single weapon is not a stretch. If you bind it on the right mouse button, all you have to do is hold the button down and wave your aiming cursor over the enemy ships. It looks like a chain reaction, and is very, very satisfying.

The thing is, at lower levels, you usually need two weapons to achieve the effect. And you cannot do it with the left mouse button. Once a ship blows up, you have to release the button, target another ship, and press the button again. Sometimes, the new target does not register, and even when it does, by the time you're done, you've lost thousands of damage.

So, can we have, please, a setting at which the left mouse button behaves exactly like the right mouse button when it is held down: continuous fire at the closest target. So that one can hold down BOTH buttons, and have BOTH weapons chew through the monster horde.
I assume the problem here is that the left mouse button is also used for navigation. How can the left mouse button stay contextual in such a case?
Old 08-27-2013, 12:24 PM
Elite

This is why I am saying "There should be a setting".

A setting at which the left mouse cannot make the ship move in any circumstances, and in which if the mouse is clicked directly on an actionable object (planet, anomaly, etc...) the object is activated only if the ship is already in range. Activated once, and then cleared.

As it is now, it is extremely frustrating to fight near a planet, because at my settings, once you've been at the planet, every time your current target blows up, the planet menu is brought up (no current target, planet becomes the target, the menu comes up)